“Hospitality”

David Citadel Hotel
Ranked #14 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I would like to take this opportunity to comment on the staff at the David Citadel hotel. The staff was top knotch. I was greeted every morning with a smile and a "good morning". I would like to really say thank you to Ms. Shoshi Cohen and Ms. Gil Baruch. They worked in the executive lounge. They were extremely pleasant and very very hospitable. It was a pleasure getting to know them both. They made the stay worth while and I would very honored to stay at the hotel in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for posing this great review.
We are proud to have professional staff ,that provide the service we strive to provide to our guests.
I will gladly forward your comments to our staff members- especially to our Executive Lounge staff.
Hope to have the pleasure to host you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,121)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed three nights . Check in was satisfactory. Room was quiet and spacious but beginning to look a touch threadbare . Carpet was marked and worn - which is off putting . Breakfast was excellent and the view from the breakfast balcony is stunning. Public spaces in hotel whilst beautiful now need refurbishment . The pool area and gym are excellent, Staff service was good and way above normal standards in Israel. Would only stay in a refurbished room in future .

Room Tip: Hotel has begun a refurb so would only request a refurbished room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank EliR255100

Thank you for taking the time to to post this kind and helpful review.
As for your comment - comprehensive refurbishing of all guest rooms is scheduled to begin later this year.
Hope to host you again soon, so you can enjoy the impoved experience.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

As a very frequent traveler, I have seen it all. I have visited executive lounges at the best hotels the world over. None is better than the Executive Lounge at the David Citadel Hotel. I recently called the hotel "home" for 18 consecutive nights and took up residence there for over 30 nights in the last couple of months. The service, professionalism and friendliness of the lounge staff is second to none. Aside from constantly offering to refresh my "coke light" and offer food, they always greeted with a smile and a friendly "Shalom". They took service to the next level when offering to assist in printing documents, making copies, etc. I felt as if they were a part of our extended staff.
So, Kudos to the Staff of the David Citadel's Executive Lounge. You all could travel from hotel to hotel and give lessons in customer service!! Thanks for making our stay a great one!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Old City View! Better yet, splurge a little and get a Jr. Suite with a terrace f...
1  Thank G G
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for posing this great review, and your loyal business.
Hope to have the pleasure to host you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We paid US$5,151 for a 7 nights Alcove Deluxe room in this supposedly 5 star hotel. What a let down . The room has no clock,(available only upon request) ;no kettle (available upon paying a refundable deposit of 200 shekel) worn out broken wooden chairs in the balcony...5star hotel?? The front desk ladies are rude & arrogant. When checking in the lady checking us in was more interested to sell us the junior suite at a special upgrade fee of US$200per nite . When we declined she just stop processing our checking in and asked a young man to take over and walked off without even giving us a second look! Newspaper was supposed to be delivered to our room. After 3days I called up the front desk. The lady who took the call gave no apologies and in fact wanted to direct our call to concierge. As we were rushing off for our private tour at 8.30am we told her to sort it out for us. By the time we came back in the evening around 7.45pm of course no newspaper. But to top it off on the last night of our stay we decided to settle the bill around10.30pm as we have to leave the hotel by 5.30am. We asked the young lady to change US$50into shekels . Without even bothering to look into the cash drawer she told us in a curt manner to come back in the morning to get the change. I was shocked and told her the we have to leave by 5.30 am . She turned around and gave me a hard stare and said in a very stern voice "we will have the change for you in the morning" I muttered to my husband that I must write to TripAdvisor and immediately we were taken aback when she asked for the Us$50. These ladies really do not understand that they are in the service industry and are behaving like school teachers telling off guests. Very poorly trained . 3 outstanding staff, who knows what service in a 5 star hotel should be are 1. Yael Zims (guest relations) who immediately arranged for clock &newspaper for us; 2. Said the waiter who was first class in service and guests would look for him when they needed something at breakfast and of course the ever willing and smiling housekeeping Dept's Abu Gosh.
I would not recommend anyone to pay that kind of price for this hotel. However if there should be a tour that include stay in this hotel than you should take it . Overheard in the elevator an American couple telling their tour's fellow traveller that they were given a Junior Suite! How about that a US$900+ room for a tour package!

Room Tip: Alcove rooms do not have fantastic view as there are constructions right in front. So you will be se...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eagleeye23

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I regret your stay with us was anything less than perfect , and happy you enjoyed some of what we have to offer.
As we learn from all comments, I can assure you we will check your comments thoroughly.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a better experience

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed five nights in this gorgeous hotel in Jerusalem. The rooms were beautiful and I was welcomed with an assortment of fresh fruit and bottle of wine. The place is immaculate and the lemon-scented soaps and toiletries were much appreciated. The adapter I brought didn't work, so the hotel graciously sent a tech and two adapters to the room to help me. Free wi-fi, copy of the Jerusalem Post on the door knob each morning and a fabulous breakfast each day. The waiter, Said, who brought me fresh-squeezed orange juice was very kind. The service was excellent in the restaurant and I'd love to return here some day.

1  Thank Joyce N

Thank you so much for posting this kind review. We are proud to provide the high level of service to our guests, and are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will forward your kind comments to Said at breakfast.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future, and provide an even better service.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great hotel, great bed. My only complaint is the decor on the walls.. rooms could use a bit of colour on the walls.. maybe some paintings?

The view is spectacular (rooms that see the Old City), rooms are spacious, huge bathrooms. Good service, they even brought us a voltage converter and left it in the room!

would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Kind thanks for your praise, and the time you took to post it.
As a part of a renovation process we are having for the next few months , all rooms will have a renovated and updated look.
We look forward to welcoming you back for many more wonderful hospitality experiences.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This time I'd like to mention Anan the manager of house keeping department. Anan is very professional, responsible , patient and sensitive. He does his best to enable perfect accommodation of the guest.
Another special person I would like to mention is Manuel the front desk assistent manager.
It's a great experience to be treated like a guest by Manuel. He is very professional, reliable, responsible and along with his qualities has a great ability for empathy, he is very patient, attentive and treat problems in a very integrative way.
To be treated by Manuel give the feeling that the guest accommodation is the main goal.
Manuel and Anan are very special and experience with them give an excellent feeling.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review.
We know a friendly, attentive and professional staff makes all the difference.
We are delighted you enjoyed a wonderful experience and proud to have earned such high praise.
I will pass your nice comments to Manuel and Annan with great pride.
We look forward to welcoming you back.