“3 weeks in review”

David Citadel Hotel
Ranked #14 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I recently spent three weeks at this hotel. The staff are amazing. Special thanks to the cleaning staff who cleaned my room so nicely everyday and worked so hard. Also, special thanks to SAID in the dining area who made my breakfast experience fantastic. Every day he was so quick to fill my coffee and ask what I needed. All of the staff was great. Location and proximity to city center and old town makes this a must stay location. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rsouthland
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

On behalf of the entire stuff, I wish to thank you so much for taking the time to post these warm words.
I will definitely pass your kind comments to our team members- especially to Said at breakfast.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to host you again soon

Write a ReviewReviews (2,123)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went for medical checkups at the medical center in the hotel (my company sent me to the periodical checkups) on July 8th. As part of the checkups, I got a voucher for breakfast. I definitely did not expect the best breakfast I ever had. There was such a wide variety and everything was served so beautifully that every type of food caught my eye. The hospitality was a genuine middle east hospitality, as I read in all the books. Abed and Said were very generous and gave the best service, which made the experience even better. Looking forward to coming again to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

My sincere thanks for such very lovely compliments regarding our breakfast.
I will pass your comments to our staff with great pride- especially to Said and Abed at breakfast.
Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel is fantastic. You feel like you are coming home. Entire staff is extremely helpful.
The views are spectacular. The rooms are spacious and the amenities are from L'Occitane
Breakfast is delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Many thanks for such high compliments, and for taking the time to write it.
I will forward your remarks to the entire staff with great pride.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stay at the David Citadel annually and have done so for the last 15 years. I love the hotel, I love the location, I love the room we always stay in (although I must confess the renovation of all the rooms - which has already begun - is necessary to keep up with the competition) with the breathtaking view of the Old City, the magnificent flowers in the room and the extra special care of the staff who take care of the room day and night. I miss the dark chocolate hearts that used to be placed on our pillow for turndown - please bring them back! I love to have breakfast outside on the terrace, enjoy my daily cappucino, fresh squueezed juice, wonderful fresh made omelet and the service of the very best team of waiters and managers in any hotel anywhere around the world! This year we hosted a Shabbat dinner for 23 people on the terrace overlooking the walls of the Old City and the lights of the walls plus the Jerusalem lights festival made this whole experience breathtaking. I would be remiss if I did not single out Manuel who helped with the Shabbat dinner and is in charge of the terrace at breakfast. And then of course our dear friend Abed who is one of the managers and welcomes us back each year as if we are family. Mahmoon organized the entire Shabbat dinner for us and took into account special foods for my niece. He could not have been more obliging. It never ceases to amaze me how the waiters remember us from year to year - Samir, Ata, Samer and of course our beloved Yoram who is no longer the omelet chef after 10 years due to his promotion and is present daily checking the buffet and catering to all the guests' needs. It's a good feeling when you walk into the dining room and you are greeted like family. The rooms and bathrooms are spotless even while the carpet in our room is tired and in need of an overhaul and the bathrooms are well appointed and have great showers, big bath tubs and fluffy bath robes and towels.The fitness center is wonderful, the pool is great and generally the hotel is 5 star! Above all, the reception by Munir (our dear dear friend), Manuel and Medina makes our stay feel like home away from home. Thank you once again for a glorious visit. We will be back

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posing this great review, and your loyal business over the years.

We are proud to have professional staff ,that provide the service we strive to provide to our guests. Especially guests that consider our Hotel as "Home away from Home".
I will gladly and proudly forward your comments to our staff members- all those you have mentioned.
Hope to have the pleasure to host you again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second time at the David Citadel. Our daughter is in the IDF and we brought my wife's parents to visit. The location is wonderful, the rooms are well kept and well appointed. The bathrooms have a great shower and are large. We had chosen again a room with balcony and view of the old city, and it never dissapoints. The pool is beautiful, the breakfast out standing with fresh produce and omelet made to order. Our waiter Said was there to take care of us again. He is a stand out and we appreciated his attentiveness and service. Arie and Ilan at the concierge desk so helpful and always patient and informative. Security is great. The concerns for the guest's comfort is high. A truly 5 star hotel without any negative points. It will always be our home in Jerusalem.
By the way, my mother in law , who is quite difficult to please , when it comes to accomodations and food , was delighted and very pleased.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank rdavidml

Many thanks for such high compliments, and for taking the time to write it.
I will forward your remarks to the entire staff you have mentioned with great pride.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was an extraordinary few days in Jerusalem with Pope's visit, but I think many days in Jerusalem are extraordinary; it's an intense city! Staff did little to ease 'tensions' although the breakfast servers were very friendly and accommodating.

Rooms were clean, well appointed and small but expensive considering hotel ammenities, particularly during Shabbat.

Compared to hospitality received in Tel Aviv hotel, I was disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I regret your stay with us was anything less than perfect , and happy you enjoyed some of what we have to offer.
As we learn from all comments, I can assure you we will check your comments thoroughly.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a better experience

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We spent our holiday in Jerusalem and the breakfast
Service was excellent. We have
Enjoyed a variety of fresh meals
And healthy food, fresh orange juice and a very tasted cappachino made by our waiter
Mr. Said Ammouri who treated us nicely and took care of us during our breakfast. Because of the warm welcome from the staff we will visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for posing this great review.
I will gladly forward your comments to our staff members- especially to Said at breakfast.
Hope to have the pleasure to host you again soon.