“Location and comfort”

David Citadel Hotel
Ranked #11 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
“Location and comfort”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

There definitely was a sense of unease as we arrived at the David Citadel, leaflet explaining action during siren...but thankfully the only noise that disturbed us was the renovation works!! We stayed in an alcove suite...which had ample closet and bathroom space. The room was traditional Jerusalem stone. They need the sofa bed to be a double not a single. Breakfast was a buffet...with large variety. Yael approached guests to ensure all was in order and we were happy with service...any complaints were sorted immediately and as hotel unfortunately was empty we changed rooms. The newly refurbished rooms will be modern and very well equipped. Enjoy your stay, pool and location to fabulous restaurants are no more than a 5 minute walk, together with Mamillla mall. The old city is also 5 minutes away. Perfect location and hospitality during a tense time.

Stayed July 2014
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your heartwarming review, your comments are greatly appreciated, and will be forwarded to our team members.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at this time, with great hope of peace and tranquillity.
We hope to welcome you back for many future enjoyable experiences.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

No matter how many new hotels are built in competition to the Citadel, it remains consistent in its excellent service and standards. The personal attention, the service, the comfortable rooms, the delicious and varied types of cuisine, the restaurant, the view from the veranda....cannot be beat. You will come back again and again because you can rely on every aspect to meet your expectations. It will become a second home. I even got a note and personal phone call from the Guest Manager to welcome me back....Thank you to everyone at the Citadel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review, and your loyal business.
We know a friendly, attentive and professional staff makes all the difference.
We are delighted you enjoyed a wonderful experience and proud to have earned such high praise.
I will pass your nice comments to our staff with great pride.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing service. In all departments. Thank you to Abed and Said at the dinning room!!
The reception people are so kind. Garo and Mounir are so welcoming and my clients left the hotel waiting to come back.
The reservations department also willing to help at any moment and no matter what we needed.

Thank you all for such a great stay!!!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
On behalf of the entire staff, I wish to thank you so much for these warm words.
I will defenetly pass your kind comments to our team members- especially to those you have mentioned..
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay,and hope to host you and you clients again soon.
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the David Citadel for 6 nights and had an amazing experience. The location is perfect, close to the Old City and all kinds of shopping. Our favorite was starting the day with a delicious breakfast and our special waiter, Syed. The coffee was amazing. Everything was 1st class!!! Thank you for a dream vacation! Great service!!!

Stayed March 2014
Thank you so much for posting this kind review. We are proud to provide the high level of service to our guests, and are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will forward your kind comments to Said at breakfast.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I went to many hotels in many countries. I am known to stay mostly in Israel as my business in bassed there. However, no matter how many hotels I try there, David Citadel is by far the best hotel I use. Especially, everytime I wake up, I have a great service while eating breakfast. It's delicious combination of omelets, bread and such is never forgotten. I believe this is because of the excellent if not outstanding and friendly service of Said.

• Stayed July 2014
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your heartwarming review, your comments are greatly appreciated, and will be forwarded to our breakfast team- especially to Said.
We hope to welcome you back for many future enjoyable experiences.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I wrote this back in May when my Dad and I returned from our first ever trip to Israel, but never posted it. It was the trip of a lifetime, made extra special by this amazing hotel and its people. However, before posting I must recognize the bigger issues of the day and say we are all praying for your safety. The staff was so friendly; I feel we became personal friends with a number of the hotel’s employees, and I realize many of you may have been called up and be in combat as I write this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and I hope it is not long before our biggest concern is again whether there is room for just one more dessert.

The review from May:

My Dad and I stayed here on our first ever trip to Israel, and we cannot say enough good things about it. For example, the breakfast was fantastic with lox even better than in NY – I don’t say that lightly! – and a much bigger selection than at a 5-star hotel in Tel Aviv. We had the breakfast eight days in a row, but because of the wonderful selection we never got bored. Dining outside on the beautiful patio facing the Old City certainly added something very special. The Shabbos lunch and dinner also were memorably enormous and yummy.

However, what really makes the David Citadel unique is its staff. Our waiter most mornings, Samer Murad, remembered the details of what we liked and always came running with coffee, juice, omelets and a smile. It was the right way to start the day. Other wait staff were very nice too, such as Rina Cohen. There were many helpful concierges, and we need to give special mention to Nicole who was very friendly and helpful about many things. We asked her tons of questions, and she would eagerly find menus, run out the hotel with us to point the way, and suggest things we did not think to ask. Last but certainly not least we must thank Yael Zins, the hotel’s wonderful guest relations specialist who warmly greeted us as we arrived and remained genuinely interested in how we were enjoying our stay throughout. For example, she made sure we did not miss the very moving Memorial Day siren just an hour after we arrived, asked us about our tours and other adventures each day, and bid us a warm farewell as we departed.

I normally do not post here, but when we got to Tel Aviv where we also had a nice five-star hotel, we realized what was so special: because of the staff, the David Citadel had become not just a hotel, but our home in Jerusalem. We missed it and all our new friends very much.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Philip R
Thank you so much for posting these warm words. All of us are praying for this impossible situation to end, so we can all go back to our day to day life. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.
Thank you so much also for posting the review regarding you stay . We ,at The David Citadel, consider all our guests as family, and are doing our utmost to make them feel at home.
Our stuff is definitely an asset, and I will proudly forward your comments to all of them.
Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.
Solana Beach
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great hotel close to the Old City and some of the best restaurants I've ever eaten in. the only complaint I have is our room was pretty small and near the external elevator which starts up at 7am each morning and is quite loud. Choose another room. The staff at the hotel was extraordinary to start, Olga in the pool bar helped me for two days while I tried to track down a pair of sunglasses I left in the pool area. In the breakfast dining area the waiter named Said was very professional and attentive. Each morning he would bring me cream for my coffee that was steamed to perfection. If you have traveled in Israel you know how difficult it can be to get anything other than milk for your coffee. Said was not at work on our last day and I missed him soooo much! Thanks Said for a great start to my day everyday!

Room Tip: Try not to choose room 733 which is next to the service elevator that starts up at 7am.