“A nice view of Jerusalem”

Dan Jerusalem Hotel
Ranked #31 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Dan Jerusalem Hotel is at the Givah Hatzarfatit neighborhood next to the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. If you are either visiting the Hebrew U or just enjoying the city, it has one of the best views from the East. It is also a good spot to depart to go to the Dead Sea.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Old City
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is nice - a step below a nice Marriott as a point of comparison. The hotel is a 10 minute taxi ride or a 45 minute walk from the Old City. This hotel caters to Holy Land tours. There is a buffet for breakfast and dinner. The food was good - but the variety did not change much day-to-day. Service level - it was either great or it was substandard. For example, the service in the restaurant was terrific, the service from the concierge was as poor as I have ever experienced. A concierge was either not there or was of no help. We told the concierge that another guest had told us about a laundromat that was nearby. He said that was not correct and that we would have to travel outside of town to do our laundry. After a little investigation, we found a nice laundromat 5 minutes from the hotel. On numerous occasions we tried to convert currency at the front desk or from the ATMs. More than 1/2 the time the ATMs did not have cash and the front desk did not have cash either.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Jerusalem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear SPKozak14,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay with us; it is through guest comments that we are able to monitor and develop for the future.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of service at all times, so it is always a regret if a guest feels that we have fallen short in any way.
While a little too late to rectify for this visit, I can assure you that your comments have been taken on board for further assessment and re-training purposes where necessary, we thank you again for highlighting this to us.
We'd certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a more complete enjoyable experience at your convenience.
with thanks for the time being,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

First class style. Great food, beautiful architecture, spacious,clean, WIFI, overall amazing place to stay. The only thing holding me back from giving this place 5 stars is that the staff basically ignored me when I was locked out of my room at around 1 AM. I went to the front desk THREE times within an hour to tell them that my key wouldn't work; each time they made me a new key and sent me off to try again (and it just didn't work). It was Shabbat and they didn't really seem to respect that I did not want to use the electronic key, but I used it anyway... and I mean HOW could the shabbat key not work unless it were the wrong key? They then told me that "...there is no way to get into the room, I'm Sorry." I was locked out of my room for the ENTIRE night and they really didn't care! I went on a group trip with about 40 people... I was not the only one having trouble with my keys.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with views of the inside courtyards, but then there are rooms with rooftop acce...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ekrause65,
Thank you so much for letting us know of your experiences; it is only by guests feedback that we are able to monitor our offerings.
The team work endlessly to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay for all our guests, so we are sorry if you felt let down at any time. While a little too late to rectify for you this time, we have taken on board all comments made in a bid to ensure of no further experiences of this nature; thank you for highlighting your feelings to us as well as your good impressions of the spacious and clean rooms.
We'll be looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back for a more enjoyable experience, please be in touch so that I may monitor your reservation personally.
With best regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here four nights. It is a beautiful hotel with wonderful views over Jerusalem. It was central to all the places our group traveled to, yet out of the hubbub of the city. The food was amazing, ate way too much. Felt very safe and looked after.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kathy,
Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to share.
We're delighted to know that everything was comfortable with us here at Dan Jerusalem.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon,
with best regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Dan Jrusalem is a very good hotel.
It is very clean ,it offers good service,very good breakfast,very nice swimming pool and a great place to stay in Jerusalem.
It also includes free parking .
The hotel location is not close to the city center/old city of Jerusalem but located 5 minutes by walk from the shuttle (works from sunday to fridays evening).

Doron Har-Lev

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two days Shall I start from the breakfast there was everything anyone could ask for as for my room my husband and were told we were up graded by the kind staff the room was luxurious. The view from the hotel was amazing as you can see.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Angie M
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife & I stayed at the Dan Jerusalem for 12 days & the service was fantastic. The staff there were wonderful & friendly to talk to. Everything is close by like the Old City of Jerusalem, Jaffa Centre & many more places to see. The day we left to come home, we forgot something in the room & I went to the service desk & they were kind enough to give a key to fetch our belongings. If we ever go back to Israel I would go back to the Dan Jerusalem. I also recommend other people to go there, it's the best experience we had.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple