“Great service and location!! Excellent hotel!!”
Review of Hotel Prima Kings

Hotel Prima Kings
Ranked #29 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Jerusalem, Israel
“Great service and location!! Excellent hotel!!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel gave us a great vacation!! The location is in the middle of the center- the hotel is close to Mamila, Ben yehuda and the kotel.. The service was exceptional.. The rooms are very clean and nice..

• Stayed June 2013
avi b, Manager at Hotel Prima Kings, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to post a review about our hotel.
The Prima Kings Hotel, takes a lot of pride of being a hotel that has been around for so many years in the holy city of Jerusalem. We are constantly working to improve and bring our product up to date, while still keeping our property simple, inviting and with a family hospitality atmosphere.

We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you again as our guest in the future.

Avi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Excellent service, clean and tidy hotel, located in the center of the city,
my wife and myself return every year to Priam Kings Jerusalem and never disappointed.
The rooms are very clean and the food was beautiful.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
avi b, Manager at Hotel Prima Kings, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Liav

Thank you for taking time to post a review about our hotel.

Avi
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I just left The Kings - what a great hotel. Enjoyed the buffet meals and the friendly stafff, professional yet get the job done! It is clean. The bar area is so pleasant - many interesting folks staying in the hotel from Scandinavian, etc. The location is also great.
The room are nice and more than pleasant- downright comfortbale and clean- with new furniture.
THe bathrooms are adequate and serve their purpose. I think the Kings is superb -especailly for a pilgrimage groups- of which I was a part. My whole group felt very welcomed here - with a smile.
Auf

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Justin W
Tennessee
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have stayed at the Kings a number of times on family vacations and it is an average hotel.

Positive side - location, family hotel, the staff work very hard to be helpful and keep up with the hotel maintainence, comfy beds and a great spread at breakfast.

Negative side - small rooms, small pokey bathrooms, the lobby needs an upgrade which I understand it is getting over the winter.

Overall, it is a good hotel to stay with kids.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel several times and find it to be quaint, comfortable, very centrally located, and reasonable. Most rooms are redone and nice (but small) but beware there are a few rooms that are not upgraded and pretty bad. If you get a bad room just ask for a different room and they are very accommodating. I also ate Sabbath meals there and the food is delicious!

Room Tip: request a room with a balcony when booking because there aren't too many
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Okay then my review this hotel, is as the title states dirty dirty and filthy.

The entrance and central areas are dirty, they quite clearly need a serious carpet wash and or replacement of the carpets.

The dirtier is the actual rooms where the floor in my room had uneaten food from the previous occupant. And the net curtains were extremely dirty.

The filthy is for the chairs of which I have attached pictures quite clearly the dirt on these chairs is caked in and has been there for many years. This is not the same chair pictured twice but the two chairs in the room. How any hotel nt even a one star hotel but one that purports to be a four-star hotel can provide a room in such an appalling state is beyond me.

Unfortunately trip advisor doesn't allow you to give no stars and therefore automatically every hotel gets one star. I felt this hotel deserved something more than one star simply because the staff were decent and the staff at the breakfast room were exceptional. As I was walking out the breakfast staff asked me why I was not eating breakfast I told the gentelman I was in a big rush, they offered to make me a doggy bag to take it with me. I thought that was extremely nice. I was then persuaded to sit down and have a quick cup of coffee where they were rushing to try and serve me food that I could eat something. I found this exceptionally nice and deserved to be recognised.

However on balance this hotel is not fit for purpose and should be avoided. The other hotel I have written reviews on in Jerusalem, that I do not mention here as I think that would be inappropriate is probably a better bet. I'm still trying to find a hotel that I find a decent in Jerusalem.

One final point the beds are well passed the use by date, the spribngs stick into your body !!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: take none !!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Givemeaholiday
hollywood
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I just spent one night actually 6 hours at this hotel. The rooms are the size of a closet, the elevator is the size of a closet. The front desk manager only said its not possible, instead of doing something. The lobby is ok and the breakfast is ok. Location is excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo