“Scruffy hotel with very small rooms”
Review of Hotel Prima Kings

Hotel Prima Kings
Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I'm sure I got the cheapest room but the room was tiny and floor space so limited that there wasn't even room to put my suitcase down, so I had to put it on the bed. The wardrobe was knackered and there was a general scruffiness to the room. The bathroom had been recently redecorated but pretty badly done with smears of paint on the door frame and badly applied silicone sealant. Despite my best efforts with the shower curtain, the floor flooded every time I had a shower.

My room was on a corner and it was very noisy, and the curtains did not block our much of the sun, which rises early in June.

The charged-for internet was very poor and eventually stopped working altogether. I didn't try the free wifi in the lobby but suspect that was as bad.

The breakfast buffet was fine, with a good selection, including made-to-order omelette (but only with onion, cheese and parsley) which was a much better than the scrambled eggs - I didn't know it was possible to make them that dry!

We had the dinner buffet one evening which was better for the salads and starters than for the hot mains which looked really unpleasant and didn't taste very nice. There are some good restaurants not far away and unless you are on a full-board package I would avoid the hotel's services in the evening.

The staff were friendly and did their best. The hotel lobby was being renovated, as was one of the lifts which was our of action.

As another reviewer noted, the hotel's best point is that it is only a 15-minute walk from the Jaffa Gate into the Old City. But it could be so much better and needs some effort on the part of the hotel's management to bring it up to scratch.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, go for a balcony room and as high up as possible
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan B
avi b, Manager at Hotel Prima Kings, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Alan B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns about our hotel as we are always working to make our guest's stays better. We have forwarded your review to the relevant personnel as you concerns are very unusual. As evidenced by many of the other guest reviews.

However, we are delighted you did enjoy the location of the hotel and the hotel staff service.

We do apologize for your stay and we hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you the merits of our hotel.

Thank you again and your comments will only help us improve for future customers.

Best regards

Prima kings hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have just arrived from visiting Jerusalem. It was a delightful experience. We stayed at the Prima Kings Hotel, in Jerusalem, and it was a positive experience overall. The hotel has a welcoming atmosphere and the staff was very helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: Because we used the room simply to sleep in, we chose a standard room with balcony on the four floor...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank tuhaxa3

Dear tuhaxa3,

Thank you for posting your kind words about our hotel.

One of the nicest things for a hotel to hear is that guests enjoy their stay with us.

We at the prima kings hotel doing the best we can to privide the best guest service.

We hope you will be returning to stay with us in Jerusalem soon.

Best regards

Prima kings hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

no, this is not the best hotel in Jerusalem.
rooms are pleasantly decorated. bathrooms are tiny!
food was the biggest disappointment here.
we were here for dinner and breakfast....I have to say that neither impressed...the breakfast at the Prima's hotel down the road is far superior.
staff were helpful and efficient- we had a plumbing problem and staff attended immediately and manager also attended...bottom line is that within 15 minutes we had our room changed.
only downer with staff was guy at the door of the breakfast room who insisted that he would charge me for an extra breakfast if I came in to get a juice and then come back with my partner an hour later...small man syndrome, but not nice

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Elwoodchiro,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your in depth report on our hotel. All comments help us provide the best service and amenities for our guests. That being said, we sincerely apologize that you found breakfast and dinner at our hotel disappointing. I will forward your review to the appropriate staff to look into the issue . however, we are happy yo hear that you did enjoy our staff service.

thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back again at the prima kings hotel

Best regards,

Prima kings hotel

Reviewed 4 June 2014

location, location, location! Great value for the price. On my recent visit, 5-22/5-27, I stayed at David Citadel ($600 night) and then moved to Prima King for the duration of my stay, about 5 days. Prima King was by far more relaxed comfortable place to be. I walked everywhere from there...Jaffa Gate entrance 15min walk, restaurants and night life 20 min walk. You will not find a better place for the price. I did a lot of research before going, as you may be doing if you are reading my review, this is the place to be. I assure you.

Room Tip: suite with a balcony over looking the street. nice view with morning coffee.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Lin O
avi b, Manager at Hotel Prima Kings, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Mr. Linooz

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your in depth report on our hotel 
It is always nice to hear such nice and warm full compliments about our hotel and service.
We are very happy to learn that you had a pleasant stay at the Prima Kings hotel and in Jerusalem.
Hopefully we will see you back with us in Israel soon.

Again, thank you for posting your comments and for recommending our hotel.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

i have stayed here many times,it only gets better
i got a free upgrade to a bedroom with balcony although i paid for a standard room
by mistake i parked my hired car in the staff carpark and was blocked in
this was no problem for the front desk manager...he phoned the workers whos cars were blocking me and within 5 minutes i was away
what a service

Room Tip: try to get a balcony room on a high floor overlooking king george street
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank topola42

Dear Topola42

Thank you for choosing prima kings hotel on your visit in Jerusalem and for a wonderfull review,
Me and the hotel staff are doing the best we can that our guests will feel like home.

It was my pleasure meeting you during your stay at prima kings and I'm looking forward to see you again at the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at the prima kings hotel this week and we enjoyed every second. The location is the best, we went to the old city and it took us only 15 minutes. The hotel is very clean and the staff were amazing, they were very helpful and kind to us. Thank you prima kings for a perfect vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your kind words about our hotel.

We hope you will be returning to stay with us in Jerusalem soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is situated in the heart of the newer portion of Jerusalem. It is next to the Great Synagogue of Jerusalem, diagonally across from the Conservative Center and close to the Reform Synagogue. It is not far from the Government Buildings and about a 15 minute walk to the Old City. The Prime Minister’s and President’s homes are just around the corner. None of that is the real reason to stay at Prima Kings.
The real reason is the people who work at the Prima Kings Hotel. It is not luxurious; in fact it is typical of most big city hotels. The rooms tend to be well appointed but on the small side. The amenities are basic to most big city hotels. But, the people are unique in their desire to make your stay one of ease and pleasure.
My wife and I arrived at the hotel at 9 a.m. on a Saturday morning after a 3 hour drive from the heart of the Negev desert. We had not eaten a real meal (energy bars for dinner) since the prior noon and we were tired and dusty. Since we had reserved a handicap room (they only had one) we were told by Nasser at the front desk that the current occupants were still in the room. He offered us breakfast at their morning buffet table where we met Ottoman, a server. Nasser personally took our luggage from our car and put it in storage. After breakfast we left for the Old City and some touring. We returned at 3 p.m. to find out that the people in our reserved room would not leave until after sundown (7:30 p.m.). Nasser immediately arranged for another room on the same floor for us to use to shower and rest. At about 8:30 p.m. a bell man came to our temporary room to move us into our room. The room was larger to accommodate a wheel chair and had a walk-in shower. It was perfect for our needs for the 4 nights we were staying at the Prima Kings.
Whatever we needed both Nasser and Ottoman and other staff members whose names I do not remember were there to help. The lobby was undergoing a major renovation that left only the revolving door available for egress. They put boards down so that I could get my handicap scooter out through a regular door in the area they were renovation whenever I came or went. They moved materials for the renovations off the ramp to enable me to drive my scooter up and into the lobby. On one occasion the morning desk manager personally teamed up with another employee to carry my scooter (112 lbs.) down a short flight of stairs and out a side exit because they could not get me out the front door. They then drove the scooter around to the front. In other words, every employee we came in contact with was not just pleasant but went out of their way to make things as pleasant as they could. We stayed in 9 hotels during our trip to Israel and although this was not the fanciest or the prettiest, it was the best by far.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dickmaven,

Wow!

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed and wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoined your stay, hotel staff service, the food and beverage and amanitas of Prima Kings hotel. We are at Prima hotels are doing the best to make our guest feel at home away from home and are glad that you have felt this way.
We will make sure to forward your review to all of our staff.
Again, thank you for a wonderfull review. 
Hope to see you again soon in Jerusalem!