Ramat Rachel Resort
Villa Ba Moshava(Jerusalem)
Mount Zion Hotel(Jerusalem)
Holyland Hotel(Jerusalem)
  • Restaurant
All reviewskibbutz hotelbasketball courtdead sea productsrooms are comfortable and cleana short bus ridepassover holidaysoap and shampootour groupbeautiful place to staybuilding sitebreakfast and dinnerswimming pooldining roomstayed here for four nightsgreat poolold cityfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2010

It is difficult to find a hotel accomodating 2 adults and 2 children in israel. Ramat Rachel's deluxe room gave all four of us comfortable, clean space and plenty of extra room to spread out. The bathroom was big, clean and a great shower. We had a lot of fun at the pool and loved the big Israeli breakfast including in our stay. Definately highly recommended for your next Jerusalem visit.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2010

I was the guest/travel companion of a friend who was staying at the Ramat Rachel for business. She seemed fine with the accommodations. I, on the other hand, would have moved to another hotel if I was paying. With the exchange at that time, I think the rate was around $165. As an earlier commenter posted, that's too steep for what is essentially a motor lodge. If the room had been clean at least, I could easily forgive the property's other weaknesses (dirty upholstery on lobby furniture, mediocre paid breakfast, far from city center (but a bus stop right at hotel, points for that!!). They are remodeling but we were in one of the older rooms. The rug had several large stains (I refused to walk barefoot on it) and my bedcover had spots of some dried substance on it. One of the two blankets in the closet was filthy (my roommate's pronouncement). We left those two items on the floor with a note asking for clean replacements. We returned to the room to find housekeeping had stuffed them into the closet and did not replace either, ever. I let my friend use the clean blanket and bedcover and I slept in my long underwear and was warm enough. The bathrooms were haphazardly cleaned. There is a blow dryer but all amenities are dispensed from containers in the shower. A couple positives: the water pressure and temperature were excellent! And our room was quiet. After my friend returned to the US, I stayed another week in Jerusalem lodging in the Old City at the Ecce Homo Convent and the Christ Church Guest House. Both were an improvement over Ramat Rachel. Spartan but clean, well located, atmospheric (hearing the muezzin calling) and excellent price. Plus breakfast!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank FrancaBolla
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Considering they charge half of most Jerusalem hotels, this is a good experience if you want to stay at a Kibbutz. Everything is just ok and if you're there on a sabbath, don't expect room service. Good to be away from hustle and bustle.

On the upside, we watched the sheep graze on the hills outside Bethlehem. That was worth the stay. There's a wonder to this Holy Land, you wonder constantly if you are looking at the same hillsides as Mary and Joseph.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I was traveling with a fairly large group and Ramat Rachel did a great job accommodating all our needs. They have a spacious theater where we had lectures as well as a couple different gathering spaces. We stayed here while traveling all over Israel and it was a great comfort to pull up at the end of a long day of adventure. Can't speak to the prices because it was covered by work. The pool was a great place to cool off too!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2008

This is expensive for what it is. We paid US$200 a night. It's billed as a kibutz but you don't get a sense of that when you stay. It's like a giant, run-down, motorway hotel. It's full of tour groups and is on Jerusalem's outskirts.
The worst thing was the staff. Miserable, unhelpful and reluctant. Big thumbs down.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends