The American Colony Hotel
US$553
US$498
Waldorf Astoria
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$298
US$225
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
City Center Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
US$157
1,166 results
All reviewscellar bareast jerusalempasha roompalm houselawrence of arabiasummer gardenleading hotels of the worlddamascus gateold citycall to prayermain buildinghistoric hoteljunior suitemodern amenitieswonderful hotelnice poolan upgrade
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel provided good service such as cleaned your shoes for free, timely did laundry, and were friendly and helpful but it was a good walk to other restaurants and to the old city. The restaurant we tried in the hotel was the grill and it was adequate but nothing special. The complimentary breakfast was alright but did not offer eggs prepared on the spot so there were no omelets or specialty items. Our room service meal was served timely and was tasty. The rooms were large and ours has a nice rocking chair.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at The American Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Belinda,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

We do offer omelets at breakfast “made to order” and many guests avail themselves of this service. Perhaps the sign was not visible enough, we shall try and place it in a more prominent place, but your waiter should have informed you anyway.

It would appear that apart from that you quite enjoyed the hotel so thank you for the positive review.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a hotel!! Its as much a part of Jerusalem's history as the city itself. From Lawrence of Arabia to General Allenby (who led the Allied Forces in 1917), the place has seen a string of visitors over the last century and is a virtual museum!! I loved the hotel as it has a charm that is so difficult to find these days. And it is seemed well located in Jerusalem, nestled in a quiet area. The breakfast was simply mind-boggling - the array of food was fantastic and it was simply delicious. The service is great and I would highly recommend the outside seating of the resturant - its a lovely ambience any time of the day. The pool is very nice, not too big and not small either. The gym is quite small, and does not give you a nice feeling.

The room was very spacious with a small balcony. I love rooms where the window can be opened.

Its an expensive hotel but I would recommend it with my eyes closed. One can spend about 2 hours just floating around the hotel reading about its history and learning about its owners over the last so many decades. If you are looking for old world charm combined with good luxury and excellent service then this is the place to be in Jerusalem.

Room Tip: Its really a personal choice here as there are two wings and even on the same floor the rooms face very different parts of the property. I had a view across the parking lot but it was not bad - i could see into the city. Some views would be of the property or the pool. Best to check as its not really one straight hotel going up many floors but quite spread out
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed, eaten and relaxed in this oasis of a hotel many times over the years. The welcome, standards of service, accommodation and quality have been consistently excellent. After a hard and sometimes hot day it is the best place to be in Jerusalem for good food and relaxation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I am back after just over a year, and amazingly two staff remembered me ! I have to say that was almost worth the money. I don't often stay at expensive hotels but i made an exception after my stay last year. There is a small museum in the hotel I was able to visit which explains how "it" started and lots of gorgeous old pictures of Jerusalem back in 1880 or so. And I took a picture of a piano in their lounge which looks 100 years old in amazing condition , that's the sort of place it is. Again I found everything worked well ( and they have fixed the Wifi since last year) , but I got the feeling of character which you simply don't find very much anymore. Yes , the service was inconsistent at times, but the food was great, room was enormous and I found all the employees very helpful. The pool was just open and though it was a touch cold outside it's perfectly hot enough at mid-d ay for a swim.And then the taxi driver, Mahmud also remembered me ! Wish I had time to stay longer!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim D
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in the World and this one is far above and beyond the rest. The staff is very helpful and make your stay a very pleasant experience. The room was in fantastic order and had all the comforts one could need. The room service was speedy, and the food quality was exceptional. I would absolutely stay again and recommend to anyone traveling to Jerusalem.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business