“Great hotel for everyone!”

The American Colony Hotel
Ranked #10 of 102 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 19 August 2009

We recently stayed at the American Colony with our family (11 of us) to attend a wedding in Jerusalem. We had 6 rooms and everyone loved it. All the rooms were in a different part of the hotel and each had its own charm. The service was excellent and the food (breakfast and a few dinners) was very good. We particularly enjoyed the Summer Garden where we had drinks some evenings. We will be staying at the hotel again in February (just 2 of us) for another visit. We can't wait!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 August 2009

Top service, cosy feel, a non touristy business hotel, without a cold business feel. Small rooms, but clean and stylish. Overall, its a good place - if you have local connections there are nicer, simpler, cheaper places - but if you have the cash to spare, I would recommend it.
And don't be put off by the name.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2009

A hotel that lives and thrives on its past history to lure clients. Our room was that dissapointing, rather standard and basically clean, The position of the hotel is good, and the staff are helpfull and polite as a rule. The on site restraunt I would give it a pass, as the price quality is dissapointing. I suppose I was convinced by a friend that was here 20 odd years ago, things have changed since then in this hotel, but downhill. There are better hotels in town. They need to do some investing to bring it up to standards. could be worth a visit again if price drops, or standards improve.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I found this hotel by chance and used this reveiw site to decide to stay here. This hotel is located in arab section, and it has western comfort inside. I stayed for one week alone, felt safe, very comfortable. All the staffs are friendly, helpful, not cold, not snobish, at the same time to maintain professional distance. Breakfast is wonderful, and I did not need supper even sometimes. Free internet available in the business center. Many hotel guests are professionals, journalists, UN workers from the US and EU. Swimming pool, fitness facility, sauna is very good. After walking in the sun, in different culture, I had a good rest in swimming just for 15 minues and in a safe, comfortable envirornment. Short walk to the Old Jerusalem, and very convenient located. Massage provided by the hotel was EXCELLENT ! You should try this art of state massage. (I take massages everywhere I go internationally, and this was the best !) The price might be higher than others, but it is worth it and you get the money value!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2009

Hotel is of the highet quality with great and very friendly service; Incredible historic hotel worth exploring, I stayed in a Pasha's Room where the wives would stay, with 20 fit. painted ceilings. I had a guide through the hotel whom I believe is Arab although I never asked - and a very different view of Jerusalem than friends of mine who has used guides from United Federation missions. The hotel was in the outskirts of East Jerusalem and has a much more Arab sensibility..

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2009

This hotel is considered one of the "Leading Hotels in the World," but I can't see why. The reception and outside areas of the hotel were nice, however the room itself was a big disappointment. I consider myself a pretty laid back guy, however when I saw my room, felt the need to write a review. Room was outdated, plaster peeling off of the bathroom wall, shower partition did not close properly, was told that WiFi required a cable hookup - that's not Wi Fi! Would have stayed somewhere else...

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank TRCR3
Reviewed 19 June 2009

I stayed at the american colony for two nights with a friend. we were upgraded to a very nice, large and comfortable room and we had an amazing time. the stuff was more than welcoming, the food was great, the ambience charming. the most interesting people are passing by the american colony, and if you have a drink in the bar at night you would surely end up having exciting conversations!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends