“Great place, friendly and helpful staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerusalem
Christ Church Guest House
Ranked #1 of 60 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Terrific place, great layout, nice big breakfast, great staff especially Karen and Dan;
Great courtyard to relax during the day or evening, rooms were comfortable and clean.
I would go back!! PJR Long Beach, NY USA

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Peter R
There are newer reviews for Christ Church Guest House

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Myself, my wife and two sons (16 and 15) stayed three nights at the start of July. Having spent 7 hours grinding our way through the the heavy security at the border Jordan/Israel we were extremely tired and grimy. I was surprised to see a beautiful smiling face welcome us to the Christ Church and sympathise with our dishevelled state...the lady on reception made us feel so at home and so welcome our spirits were instantly revived. They say first impressions matter and this was truly a point in case. We had a family room in the Alexander building. I am a sucker for old buildings and unusually shaped rooms and our room put a whopping great smile on my face. Simple yet very clean and very spacious. The position of the Guest House is fantastic being just inside the walls of the Old City...out the door and straight into the lanes of Old Jerusalem. I am glad I hadnt booked a corporate-brand hotel on the outside of the walls. The courtyard of the Guest House offers numerous tranquil spots to either prepare for the day's touring or as a spot to sit and unwind at the end of a hard day's sightseeing. Breakfast was again simple with plenty of food and drink on offer to prepare you for the day. When I return to Jerusalem (as I am sure we will) we will definitely stay here again. Thank you to all the staff - and especially to our wonderful receptionist for starting our stay off on the right footing!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank GerryCarroll
Reviewed 13 July 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights during our first visit to Jerusalem after spending 5 days in Tiberias. Christ Church B&B is at the site of the first protestant church in the middle east.

It was a truly wonderful stay, and I just wish we could have stayed for longer! In fact, I wish we could have stayed here for the duration of our time in Israel!

The B&B is right by the Jaffa Gate, and opposite Citadel David. In fact, the view outside our room was of the Citadel! Incredible! We were in the main part of the building, so our room had air con, which was perfect. The room seemed appropriate decor for it's surroundings. It was very clean, and very comfortable. Not to mention it is a very safe place.

Brekkie was ace! It was the best brekkie we had the whole time we were there!

One of the very special things about this place is the volunteers that work there! It was an absolute privalage getting to speak to them, and learn more about their calling to Israel. Chris and lovely Colleen, Lynn and Joe were wonderful. And the Aussie guy serving breakfast whilst we were there - sorry I don't know his name - but we had to leave early one day for a trip (earlier than breakfast service) and he was so sweet and managed to still give us some breakfast that was available!

There is a real unique sense of community at Christ Church. They have a wonderful coffee shop, a museum, book shop, and of course, the Church itself. The Church service we experienced was wonderful. They offer so much to the local community. They offer tea and coffee after the service in the grounds and again, it offered a wonderful opportunity to talk to the staff and congregation.

Christ Church is a dearly loved and blessed place. My recommendation cannot come highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank deedle85
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed here with our church group....such a wonderful stay. no air conditioning in rooms, but fans are provided. we stayed here in June and the entire time the temperature stayed comfortable in the 70s. The gardens are lovely, the staff is wonderful, the church is beautiful, the church services beautiful. Cannot say enough about Christ church. The accomodations are not elegant...very humble but comfortable. The location is excellent. We would stay here at Christ church each time we are in Jerusalem. We were blessed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank j d
Reviewed 9 July 2012

one minute wallk from Jaffa gate hides this lovelly small guest house. Its simple (no air condition) but very clean and quiet, with a beautifull inner garden. The room we took (#13) is spacious, with pleasent decoration. the price, 500 Shekels, is very moderate. The place is run by some kind of a middle sect between Judaism and Christianity, the people are very nice.
I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank inbal r
Reviewed 13 May 2012

There is nothing so amazing as to stay in a city that is thousands of years old. The locations is superb, the accommodations clean, simple, appropriate to being in Jerusalem. Even though it was very warm when we were there we had an electric fan which was fine with the windows open. The garden was delightful and a visit to the oldest Christian church in Jerusalem an added bonus. The food was excellent and friendly staff were very helpful. You can not only easily walk anywhere in the Old City within minutes, there is a modern shopping mall right out of Jaffa Gate convenient to any needs. This is the place to stay to enjoy a 2000 year old experience!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Travel_Hints
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I loved staying at christchurch guest house. The location is fantastic, the garden and the buildings were lovely and the staff were friendly and always helpful. My room was small, but that doesnt bother me, no A/C as others have noted, but as my room got a bit warm i just opened the window more. I met a lot more other travellers, mainly at breakfast, than usually happens, and as a single traveller that was great. I dont think it was just chance, i think it was partly the clientele, and also due to the outdoor area where people mixed more. I love jerusalem, and would definitley stay at christchurch when i visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo