New Imperial Hotel
US$730
US$650
Waldorf Astoria
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$207
US$182
Atlas.co.il
  • Breakfast included
City Center Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
US$138
All reviewsjaffa gatejacob's pizzatourist information office iscarrying our bagsold citymoney changermiddle eastern breakfasthummusmamilla avenueunbeatable locationchristian quartercity hallquaint hotelstayed in this hotel for nightsmain siteshotel entranceholy sepulchre
Reviewed 15 October 2008

We booked the hotel for 3 nights through a broker (hostelworld), paid 10% and got a confirmation email to say that it was all booked. When we arrived, employee Mr Dajani said that his internet had been down had not received any confirmation and that was that. At first he wouldnt even help us to find alternate accommodation, but gave us back our deposit. When no other place is the locality had availability, we went back to push Mr Dajani some more. He eventually called one of his friends to find us alternative, and without prompting gave us $10 to cover the taxi (almost double) I hope that this was all true, but as the city was so busy, the advertised rate in reception was more per night than I had found online, and his willingness to give us cash to get us out of his reception making a big scene made me wonder... I would suggest double checking with the hotel that your booking is in fact confirmed before travel, or simply book somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jimandlucy
Reviewed 9 August 2008

I have just retured from 4 nights staying at East New imperial. I was a little worried by the recent reviews on the hotel but I needn't have been, I had a great time!

I sometimes wonder what people expect. This is a basic hotel/hostel .I have stayed in many 5 star hotels on my travels and you know what to expect from the price you pay.

This a great hotel for those budget travellers looking for clean, friendly accomodation close to all the historic sites of the Old City. The hotel also attracts an interesting mix of guests, which is great for some really inelligent conversation. Not something you usually get on holiday.

The staff are very helpful and a big thanks in particular to Mr Dejani, the owner and to Tony the Night Manager for all their advice and practical help during my stay.

The "acid test" for me of any hotel is would I stay there again. The answer in this case is a definite yes!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2008

I planned to stay three nights in this hotel. I settled for two in the end, after trying out two different rooms. This hotel is a shame, even for the low price (50$ single room). Whereas the first room was a three-bed room (no other was available), had a fan (no A/C in the hotel) and a ramshackle cupboard, the second room had neither. I have never seen in my life such poor craftsmanship: the whole seemed on the verge of falling apart, the toilet tank was leaking, the sink overflow hole was not connected, dumping water of the floor. Linen were soiled, with the occasional pubic hair.
But I wouldn't be fair if I didn't mention the two positive points: free internet access, via wifi or the two available computers and a great location, inside the Old City next to the Jaffa Gate. But I will never go there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank Glloq
Reviewed 12 March 2008

The New Imperial Hotel has a fantastic location next to the Jaffa gate entrance to the old city. The rooms are very simple, but clean. The staff and the owner Mr. Dajani is very friendly and extremely serviceminded. Three computers with free internet available. I paid 40$ per night, and I will definately come back!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2008

we wondered in, me and my beautiful boyfriend and as soon as i saw the room i fell in love with it. i know, the beds are metal, and the carpets are old and everything in the room, actually is very 1930s. no, really, authentic 1930s. to some people it's bad, but i just LOVED it... it's so authentic, the electricity is not even dug in the walls but mounted on the outside... the room smelled like the smell of my grandmother's place, the beds were cosy and although the bathroom was somewhat deteriorating, i still love it. and i'm a girl.

i'd definately go back, i loved the experience, although i know it's not for everyone...

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple