“All the comforts of the USA in Israel”

Inbal Jerusalem Hotel
Ranked #5 of 98 Hotels in Jerusalem
Colleyville, Texas
“All the comforts of the USA in Israel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

The staff and the accommodations were very nice. We had a view of the Old City and my sun rise photos over Jerusalem are beautiful. The walk to the old city was about 15 minutes and the area felt very safe. Breakfast each morning offered everything anyone could possibly want. Our room came with access to an Executive Lounge that was nicely stocked. There was underground parking for our rent car too.
This was one of the most expensive hotels we stayed in but was well worth the money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I have stayed at several hotels in Jerusalem , none compare with the service, warmth , and attention to client service! We give the inbal 2 thumbs up!! We will be returning and looking forward to the excellent massage therapists, great food and super comfortable beds! Bathrooms were amazing as well!

1 Thank rster49
Fairhope, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel in 1999 when it was called the LaRome. I guess I naturally am comparing my last visit to this one. I enjoyed everything just like I did during my previous stay, except the food quality was not nearly as good as when it was the LaRome. A lot of pre packaged foods were on the buffet, which I understand happens. However, the main courses were lacking in taste and wow factor as the LaRome had. My first meal at the LaRome in 1999 was duck l'orange. My first meal at the Inbal was baked chicken thighs and legs. There were very cheap cuts of meat with very little choices. We had a private dining room that was catered and I was surprised to find that the food was simply placed on a table for a buffet style service. No refrigeration, no heating elements and no slobber guards. I was also surprised that the coffee was instant. It was foamy. The LaRome had fresh brewed coffee that 14 years later I still remember it, it was that good. I am in the restaurant business and recognize how restaurants cut costs. I was surprised that the Inbal diminished my experience by their average run of the mill meals that do not live up to the reputation the hotel wishes to project. I did find out that the Head Chef, that is advertised on their site, has not been there in over a year. One of the servers told me that. False advertising? They should address that because we thought we were going to be mesmerized by one of the Middle Easts top chefs. Not so and very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeffrey H
Shlomit F, Manager at Inbal Jerusalem Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Mr. Jeffrey,

Thank you for taking the time to write this post and bring your concerns to our attention.
The Inbal hotel is also the Laromme. The ownership of the hotel has not changed .
The chef that is published on our site is the current chef of the hotel who’s name is Moty Buhbut and he is indeed one of the top chefs in Jerusalem. Times change as do tastes and food fashions. I am sorry if we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We hope to do better on your next visit.

Kind regards,
Shlomit Ferber
Isle of Man
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed for four nights in this hotel and I must say I was very impressed with it. We arrived at 5.30am after three flights and a taxi ride to get there. We asked if there was anywhere to leave our luggage as check-in was not till 2pm. The clerk told us to wait a moment and disappeared. Three minutes later, he returned and told us we could have our room there and then. What a bonus that was! The room itself was perfectly adequate looking towards the Old City. It was cleaned every morning without fail. The only drawbacks were that the Israeli breakfasts lacked something. I think it was called bacon!! Also we found we were there at Jewish New Year and everywhere was closed. Not a shop or cafe open at all, only in East Jerusalem and we did not fancy going over there! Neither of these things were any fault of the hotel. In fact, we ordered room service and really enjoyed our meal. The rooms are just the right size for two. The staff were very helpful and everyone did their jobs with a smile and a genuine will to help us in any way. All in all, I could find no fault with this hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: I cannot imagine there is a bad room in this hotel!
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We've stayed at the Inbal Hotel twice previously - and chose to return. That speaks volumes by itself and is the best compliment a hotel can receive. For our latest trip to Israel we booked 29 nights and are just halfway through our stay. The hotel is quite well run - with management monitoring client needs and concerns often - and that makes the significant difference in turning an ordinary stay into an extraordinary one. The location is perfect - in the best of neighborhoods, with attractive and well maintained rooms having the air more of a luxury residence than that of a large corporate hotel. Public areas are attractive, comfortable and well maintained. The Executive Lounge is well suited to host guests and business associates, and the breakfast and dining services are well above international average. Would we return?? Yes, that's the plan!!
My only regret is that I should have made our reservation earlier to secure a larger room - given our long stay. I'll follow up after departure.

• Stayed September 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Nice lobby where one can meet friends from the USA . Nice rooms..recently stayed in renovated ones that were fine. Good restaurants. Nice gym. Nice swimming pool that is covered in winter. Fine breakfasts. I take advantage of the fact that they have synagogue services. Very nice part of Jerusalem ..talbiyah. Nice area for restaurants, almost all kosher. Walking distance (if you like walking) to Great Synagogue, King George Street, German Colony, Windmill area, Begin Museum, running track, parks and the Old City. Nice central but quiet area of the town.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harris C
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

The Inbal Hotel has a friendly welcoming desk so that one feels at home upon arrival. There is a feeling of welcome everywhere; the breakfast room, the coffee lounge and even the cleaning staff recognize guests and chat to them. The rooms are spacious and have pleasant views of either a beautiful courtyard or the old walls of Jerusalem. The pool is a delight. One caveat here: it would be great to have lockers left empty and therefore available for guests as well as members rather than leaving them permanenly occupied by members of the health club. All needs are met whether Jewish or secular. There is also free wi-fi. It is just a super place.

Room Tip: higher rfloors have sess A/C unit noisebbb