“Horrific...”
Review of Faisal Hostel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerusalem
Faisal Hostel
SA
“Horrific...”
Reviewed 24 March 2009

We booked into the hostel late the Thursday night, and found the place quite welcoming. Got up the next day, arranged with the manager that we'd come in the afternoon to confirm if we'll be staying the night. At 15:30 weconfirmed and booked a couple of beds.

When we arived at the hostel that night, 23:00, they have started renovating the whole place! That afternoon we weren't told at all and everything was sill fine, so the renoating must have started at 16:30. They requested us to move to the hostel next door, but it was much more expensive and as there were more people staying the night in the now almost broken down hostel we decided that we'd risk the night as well. By this time doors were taken down, the bathroom was totally broken down, at least they left one toilet, but the place was a mess. But we ended up staying, after asking for discount none was given even though we were not notified of the renovation that afternoon and were now staying in this mess.

That night , 01:30 , we were woken up by a scraming and swearing manager, we demanded we pay him imediately. When I asked if we couldn't do it in the morning, he swore and threatened to throw us out! Obviously we had to pay, it was bloody winter and bloody cold. We moved to a new hostel the next day. I do not recommend this hostel at all.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
8 Thank Ace83

Families
Couples
Business
Copenhagen
Reviewed 5 January 2008

Watch out for the airport minibus scam.
Ali,one of the managers said he'd booked a seat for me on the minibus going to Ben Gurion Airport.
It was supposed to turn up at 2 in the morning,but it did'nt ,and my plane was to leave at half past four in the morning .
After a very eleborate show by Ali,ringing up loads of other minibuses ,he says the only option is a private taxi ,at 230 shekels.
So with time running out I took it,and of course the taxi driver was a good friend of Ali's.
50 shekels for the minibus and 230 for the taxi,a nice little commission for Ali I suppose.
I've travelled a lot and I know how these scams work.
All in all the Faisal is a good friendly Hostel ,just don't ask Ali to organise transport for you .

• Liked — The discussion,the people.
  • Disliked — The airport scam.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank SwampsterCopenhagen

Travellers are raving about these Jerusalem hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 May 2005

I stayed here for two monthes, the middle of march to the end of may. It is definatly the place to meet people. I visited a few more hostels during my visit, but none made me feel more comfortable than this one. Words will not do this place justice, go for one night if you like it stay, if you don't leave. But ill put money on it that you will stay.........

• Stayed March 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2004

I spent two of the most colourful and wonderful months of my life staying and working at the Faisal in 1983.
Since then, I'm sure there have been inumerable changes, both in staff, and atmosphere, but everyone I have met who stayed in this place has a marvellous story to tell.
Just a few include "abu" the ghost, who passes through walls in front of selected guests, "aaa-laaaaan!" the dearly departed and sadly missed hippy proprietor, and his teutonic girlfriend Ingy, Mad Japanese kung-fu dwarves, Charle the jewish cat, Kavi and Kavito, the sincere and lovely Bhagwan couple, the Old city and the 39 steps, the parties, the music, the people, the cries of "you can't get pregnant from our sheets!"
Superb.
Go there and change your life, go there if only for the view of Damascus gate.
Just go there.