“Excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 97 Hotels in Jerusalem
Strasbourg, France
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great location, nice rooms, but over all, the staff is very helpfull. We forgot our Blackberry at the hotel and are back to our country. But the hotel staff (Mr Perez) is organizing the transfer of the phone to our adresses in Turkey. This is service.
I recommend the airport schuttle that Dan Boutique suggested. You shall foresee between 15-30 minutes to pick-up everybody in the surroundings, then take the way of the airport (45 minutes). Costs 65 NIS but the most important is that the van are better that most of the taxies.

Room Tip: We stayed at 517, close to elevators and on the old city view side.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I was disappointed by the poor front desk treatment that we received. When we arrived, there was one reception clerk at the desk, and we waited patiently until he processed the group ahead of us. When we spoke to him, he acknowledged that our booking was registered; however, unfortunately, our friends' room was not. He suggested that the four of us have a seat in the lobby and that he'd straighten out this predicament. We gave him all of our confirmation documents, including the name and telephone number of our travel agent, and we took a seat as he suggested. After noticing that other groups arrived and were successfully dealt with, we decided to get into the line once again. By the time we spoke to the clerk for the second time, 40 minutes had gone by, and, on a Friday in Jerusalem, this is significant because the city shops and museums close by 2:00 p.m. Because we only had a narrow window of time to visit the spots that we had targeted on our brief visit, this situation was frustrating.

When we spoke to the clerk, he asked if we were checking in or if we were checking out!!! (He had no clue who we were). I explained that we were the guests that he had relegated to the lobby and that we'd like him to please contact our travel agent to straighten out the difficulty with our reservation. He told us that he had given our paperwork to his manager, and that the matter was now out of his hands. Furthermore, he told me that I wouldn't get anywhere by standing at the front desk.

The above took an aggravating hour of our time, and I feel that it wasn't the clerk's fault because he was clearly overwhelmed and discombobulated. The manager should have left his office and greeted us to explain what he or she was planning to do to provide assistance. In addition, a large hotel chain should have seasoned, well-trained front desk staff to handle their customers. The fellow who was there was ill-suited to his job.

Despite the mediocre breakfast, and the inept reception personnel, everything else about this hotel is fine. Generally, the staff are friendly and polite, and the hotel is in a good location if you enjoy walking. The beautiful Haas Promenade is only a few blocks away, and it's a pleasant 30-minute walk to the Old City.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Munich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed here as the reviews were so good.
I paid more for this hotel than the 5 star Dan Hotel in Jerusalem which is on Mount Scopus and has a swimming pool as I wanted to be more central.
The hotel was good as the Dan hotels are but the location in my opinion was awful.
I like to be somewhere I can walk out side my hotel where there is a bit of life on the doorstep... Some cafes and bars around the corner.
This hotel is right on a busy road with no cafes and bars nearby at all. Just traffic!. The hotel tells you it's a 15 minute walk to the Mamilla .... If you speed walk this may be the case but I reckon a gentle walk would take 30 minutes.
On the plus side I was upgraded to a larger room on checking in and was greeted in my room with a box of chocolates and a complimentary torch ...Probably to find the way to some life out side as the area around the hotel is a bit dark...Walking next to the main road to get anywhere would be safer with a torch I assume!
My room also was on the 1st floor and benefited from the free wifi in the lobby which was a great bonus!
I complained one day as a shabby frayed towel appeared in my bathroom on the second day...Not something i would expect of a Dan Hotel and it was immediately changed and when I asked if they don't give chocolates on the second night too...Another box appeared.. I was really happy.
Breakfast was fine.. Breakfast in the Dan in Eilat was far superior and it is not the best breakfast by any stretch of the imagination... No smoked salmon.. No nice olive bread at breakfast... No fresh waffles, no freshly cooked pancakes and not even an egg station where you could order an egg of your choice.
There was a buffet in the dining room in the evening with a small choice for 100ILS.... There were no takers when I when to have a look and the food looked somewhat dried out.
I had a salad in the bar both evenings which was fresh crisp and tasty!
Staff very friendly and polite
Wouldn't stay here again due to the location

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stephaniemireille
Ra'anana, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel several time - very nice and quite, good location, rooms are clean - I recommend to get the superior room which is bigger.

The hotel don't serve launch! however we asked and got vouchers for Dan panorama hotel which is not far.

Room Tip: Take the superior/studio rooms, the standard rooms are VERY small.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MeirR
Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

The Dan chain know their business. Their flagship hotel, the King David, is on my short list for best hotel in Israel.
The Hotel has a great location, very friendly and professional staff (kudos to Teddy and Nora at reception), great food and 5-star rooms.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Boutique Jerusalem, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear priest22,
Thank you! What a lovely review.
We are so delighted that you enjoyed all the aspects of our hotel.
We hope to welcome you back soon on your next visit to Jerusalem, and don't forget to join the e-dan club to benefit from discounts and deals throughuot the chain (even at King David)
Very best regards,
Shimrit Ohana
Guest Relations Manager
Incline Village, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Sam W said it well, and I can add little. The breakfast is the best that I have ever had in Israel and that says a lot. The rooms are quiet, clean and well appointed. The staff do a great job. There is free internet in the lobby, but not on the rooms. Connection in the lobby is good, but free internet in the rooms would make this the PERFECT hotel. This place is not inexpensive, but Jerusalem seems to be heavily booked in October when the weather is nice and not too hot. About a 30 minute walk to the old city Jaffa Gate. The in house restaurant serves large portions at reasonable prices. The Greek salad is big enough to share and they will gladly bring a extra plate. There are several cabbies that hang out in the lobby, and they will always use the meter which is good.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the 3rd or 4th floor with an old city view, that is best.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Boutique Jerusalem, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear airmike943,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience on your last visit to the Dan Boutique hotel. Our main goal is to give our guests the best possible service at all times, so we are always delighted to hear when we have excelled.
So pleased that you relished in the Israeli breakfast that the hotel is so famed for.
I thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back soon on your next visit to Jerusalem.
Warm regards,
Shimrit Ohana
Guest Relations Mgr
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

First thing for me is the bed. The DB had a king size, comfortable bed, plenty of pillows, clean linen, nice big towels.
Second, they had a complimentary bottle of mineral water and chocolates. Nice touch. Every morning, a newspaper on my door handle.
Nice buffet breakfast.
From Yassin to Etan and the rest of the staff, my stay was very pleasant and stress free. I would stay again, and that says it all as I only travel first class.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Boutique Jerusalem, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Sam W,
Wow!!! Thank you so much. It's so lovely to read your words.
It gives us a great feeling to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and will come back to stay again; returning guests are truly the biggest compliment a hotel can get.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to give credit where it is indeed due; I will be sure to pass on your warm words to our team as a whole.
Warm regards,