Dan Boutique, as has been pointed out in other reviews, is not really a "boutique" hotel. But in my 9 years of experience in Israeli hotels, it rated as one of the better experiences. In general, hotels in Israel tend to be expensive for what you get, customer service tends to be pretty poor, and most places look like they were built in the 70s or 80s and not updated since then. Dan Boutique is a pretty good value for money, considering the location. It's about a 20 minute walk to Jaffa or Zion Gate, and maybe 15 minutes to German colony (easily to my knowledge the best place within walking distance for dinner -- lots of good options!). The cleaning staff and front desk staff were friendly and helpful (a nice surprise, as sorry to say Israeli hotel staff often tend to be surly). The breakfast is OK -- good selection of fresh fruit and vegetables, so-so selection of other foods. Not quite the famous full Israeli breakfast I've had elsewhere, but not bad. BEWARE -- Shabbat (Saturday) breakfast is pretty grim, and the cappuccino machine is turned off (Nescafe only. Why is pushing a button "work," but making up Nescafe, with pouring and stirring, isn't work? Ask the rabbis). There is a Shabbat elevator that stops at every floor and a regular one too on Shabbat.
First place I've been to in a long time anywhere that didn't offer a complementary business center for internet use if you didn't have a laptop with you -- this policy seems firmly stuck in 2005 and considering in 10 days I saw only ONE person using the paid internet station, should change.
Room was small but fine, bathroom needed some construction clean up -- extra caulk crusted around window sill, and someone had evidently dropped something heavy in the bathtub that left a pretty big damaged spot. Also, no matter what you do with the curtain, the floor will have a puddle of water after a shower.
So, not a bad place and I'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish hotel located opposite Mt Zion and the Old City of Jerusalem, within easy reach of many tourist attractions. The spacious, contemporary guest rooms and suites offer every modern comfort along with state-of-he-art technology. The exquisite interior design skillfully combines eastern and western motifs to create a warm and soothing atmosphere. The guest rooms boast stunning views of Jerusalem’s cityscape, Old City and Mount Zion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dan Boutique Jerusalem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dan Boutique Jerusalem Hotel Jerusalem
- Dan Boutique Hotel Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Dan Boutique Hotel