Lev Yerushalayim
US$460
US$190
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$115
  • Pool
US$360
US$270
US$242
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
City Center Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$684
US$640
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsben yehuda pedestrian mallbring your own shampooheart of jerusalemgreat synagogueseparate bedroomking george streetlight railapartment hotelelectronic keysitting roomold citya short minute walkliving areasabbath elevatorcleaned every daymachne yehudacloset space
Reviewed 23 October 2008

This hotel is located in the Center of Jerusalem and within walking distance to everything. We booked at this hotel as it provided a suite for our family. 2 adults and 2 kids. We had a two bedroom suite, with a kitchen. This would be considered a value hotel. It is not perfect and is somewhat dated. However, if you are prepared and do not spend much time in the room it is a great value. The price paid for the suite was very reasonable and we were very happy. It would be a 3 star hotel by North American Standards so do not have unrealistic expectations. The front desk was very helpful and provided us with anything we needed. The breakfast was plentiful but we did not eat many of the items, although we made due. The rooms can get a little noisy at night from the street, cars love to honk all night. We were very satisfied and felt we got good value.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank JLMCto
Reviewed 24 September 2008

I previously stayed in this hotel in 1995. Since then, the hotel has deteriorated significantly. I booked what was called a "rennovated suite" - I don't know when it was rennovated but it is in need of major work. The carpets were stained, curtains torn, pigeon droppings on the window sills among other problems. The hotel is dirty - rooms, hallways and public areas. There was no mattress cover and the sheets did not fit the mattress well. It took three days of requests to get a larger bottom sheet! The breakfast was meager for typical Israeli hotel breakfasts. The people at the front desk were very pleasant and kept saying they wanted to make me happy when requests were made (i.e. larger sheet, clean the footprints on the tile that were there when we got the room) but there was virtually no follow-through.

On a positive note - the hotel is in a good location in the center of Jerusalem and within an easy walk of the Old City.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Desertdweller50
Reviewed 22 July 2008

This hotel was recommended by Frommer and this site for families with kids. We agree. We had a "suite" that was actually a large two bedroom apartment with small kitchen. Location at the top of Ben Yehuda and a few blocks from the Shuk was very convenient for us. Staff was helpful, breakfast was not the best Israeli breakfast of our trip but was fine. Two computers are available in the lobby for 6 nis/ 1/2 hour. I did not see any review mention that this hotel is essentially a time share for Orthodox families who come in on weekends so they can attend services and pray at the Kotel. It is a fine place to stay if you plan on some hard-core exploring on foot and would like some room to spread out at night.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank MelWisc
Reviewed 30 May 2008

We just returned from a week at this hotel and was great. Right in the centre of downtown Jerusalem. We walked everywhere from the hotel. 20 minute slow walk to the Old City "Jaffa Gate" and about 25 minutes to Knesset. Israel Musuem and other attrations. The central market was 5 minute walk from the hotel and we were right across the street from Ben Yehuda Square . Lots of restaurants and coffee shops within easy walking distance
We had a 1 bedroom which was good because you could close the door and get more space than hotel room.
This apt "time share" hotel defintely could use some updating especially new mattresses. However, clean and breakfast was included. Breakfast was OK we had a good selection of cereal, salads and dairy.
Service was good but paying 30 NIS (about $10) was a bit much for 1 load of laundry and dryer (but convenient). There's a microwae. fridge and hot plate on the small kitchen counter but hotel wants $35 to use dishes. Since I was not doing any cooking I didn't get. Bring your own hair dryer - non in the bathroom.
I've stayed in the more deluxe hotels in Jerusalem but for the $$ and location this is good value

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LouisToronto
Reviewed 21 November 2007

I stayed at the Lev Yerushalayim for a week in November of 2007. For the price of $66 per night it was a bargain, considering the location has got to the best for Jerusalem. You could literally walk anywhere around town like Ben Yehuda St, Jaffa St, the shook, Mea Shearim and/or literally, a light 15 to 20 minute walk to the old city and the kotel.
I had a two room suite. The bed was ok, not great, but I had no problems with it. The bathroom was roomy enough. I had a dinette, a sink and a fridge in the living room area. The breakfast, which is included, was ample and better than most for quality and quantity.
The service was friendly, if limited. They did have problems finding my reservation and when I asked for a bar of soap I was told no, they don't supply bar soap. Other than that, I will stay here again, and I have no reservations about recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo