Lev Yerushalayim is a budget hotel smack in the middle of downtown Jerusalem, near the Ben Yehudah outdoor mall and within decent distance of Independence Park, the Old City, etc.
The hotel is all suites, and although the rooms are not luxurious, they are well-designed and clean. We were two couples and three children, and we occupied a two-bedroom suite, equipped with two double bedrooms (both carpeted, each with individual a/c controls and lots of cabinet space), plus a large tiled living/dining area equipped with a couch that converted into a double bed, plus a crib for our infant.
The kitchen (small-but-not-mini-fridge, microwave, sink) was clean; utensils could be rented at an extra cost. The new solid wood dining set could comfortably seat 6.
The price (not including breakfast) was under US$250, which is excellent for Jerusalem, particularly for so central a location.
Unlike most Israeli hotels, the price does not include breakfast (which makes sense since the suites come with kitchens). Breakfast offerings are adequate, although definitely less lavish that some of the fancier Israeli hotels. There are other breakfast options (Aroma, e.g.) in the immediate vicinity if you don't want to make your own.
The hotel also offers some advantages for observant Jews, including a kosher l'mehadrin standard, and metal keys rather than electronic card keys, which are problematic on Shabbat.
One drawback: Entrance to the hotel requires climbing stairs, which is somewhat inconvenient for those in a wheelchair or pushing a baby stroller. Oh, and no free wi-fi (a common problem with Israeli hotels).
Bottom line: A good budget option for large families or extended stays in the heart of downtown Jerusalem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the center of town. Within walking distance of shopping and business areas, historical sites and cultural centers of Jerusalem. All suites and penthouses have one or two bedrooms,a living room, kitchenette, dining area, air conditioning, cable TV, radio and telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lev Yerushalayim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lev Yerushalayim Hotel Jerusalem
- Lev Yerushalayim Jerusalem