“Great value, clean rooms, nice staff and very good buffet breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Olive Tree Hotel

Olive Tree Hotel
Ranked #20 of 98 Hotels in Jerusalem
Berkeley, California
“Great value, clean rooms, nice staff and very good buffet breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Great location, 10 minutes walk to the old city. Helpful staff, good advise for nice restaurants.
The room was a bit small but pleasant, we had a wonderful balcony overviewing East Jerusalem .
I would go there again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeromeco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Great Buffet breakfast.
Very good dinner buffet.
Modern and clean rooms.
Very nice ambience, Lobby and sitting area, bar.
Very friendly bartender.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank drbrussels
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Initially I wrote a review that discussed one problem I had with the hotel over a charge that I failed to point out to them upon my departure. The hotel saw my concern in the review and addressed it immediately (under 24-hours)! I am very impressed with their concern in my satisfaction. Definitely cannot say this about many hotels, but Olive Tree Hotel went above and beyond. Kudos and thank you!

I traveled alone to Israel. The staff was very friendly and made me feel right at home. They were kind enough to chat with me over my daily journeys, and to ensure I enjoyed my stay in their country. They even remembered me when I returned to stay one last night with them before I left the country.

Friendly staff, delicious food and walking distance to the Old City. I will definitely recommend to friends!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ShesOutandAbout
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

I stayed at the Olive Tree Hotel for a period of about a week as part of a tour package. I've been to a lot of countires and hotels. I "loved" Olive Tree in Jerusalem. The staff was kind, nice, respectful, and helpful. It was clean.

It is within walking distance of historic places, an excellent location.

The food was the best of the best.

A bit pricey compared to what I am used to....but not for the area. Internet Access (Wi-Fi) was expensive.
Again, great place, great people, I recommend it highly.

David Ferguson

Room Tip: No tip
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

We loved this hotel. In our many years of travel, this hotel will be remebered as one of the bes we stayed in. The room was clean and reasonably appointed. The staff was always very helpful, even when the tour operator fouled up on our dates. The hotel itself has a unique style with an archaelogical slant and was fun to observe. It has ample space in the lobby and other areas for watching and meeting friends. It also had a great bar area with friendly staff and good reasonably priced food, as well. The meals were provided in a large attractive dining area. The food was fabulous with extensive buffets for breakfast and supper. The best part, however, was the location. The hotel was a 15 minute saunter to the Damascus Gate. From there, the old city of Jersualem was ready to be explored. There were shops and restaurants between the hotel and the Damascus Gates, as well as other places to explore.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Italyagain
Bacolod, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

The hotels' interiors gives it an old world charm and the room was cozy. It has a souvenir shop that sold items which were priced comparably with the ones at the city streets . The hotel was quiet full during our stay and sometimes we had to wait in line for the lift, it was faster to go by the emergency stairway than wait for your tun on the lift. The restaurant for breakfast and dinner buffet was quiet modest in size and it can get a little cramped. The food was okay. Nice hotel to stay in Jerusalem.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Stayed at this hotel as part of a packaged tour where the travel agent was specifically told to organize with 5-star hotels. It's closer to a 3-star property. Manager who greeted my tour leader was rude to me. The hotel had no gym or pool and I had to take a $10 cab ride to a university gym it provided a pass for. Rooms are tiny. Hotel didn't provide toiletries or coffee/tea in room until I complained to the tour leader - I mean, isn't that basic for a supposedly top-tier hotel? I've told the travel company NOT to use them in the future. It's definitely NOT 5-star as the travel company claimed.

• Stayed May 2011