“Great hotel &services”
Review of Olive Tree Hotel

Olive Tree Hotel
Ranked #21 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I traveleled there a few years ago, in april 2007 and remained with a great impression, even through the years. Big and clean rooms, good amenities, helpful staff, breakfast was more than anyone could request, i would recommend it at any time. The location is great, u'r close to anything in Jerusalem. A great experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Anca S
There are newer reviews for Olive Tree Hotel

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here for two nights. The rooms were small, which I didn't mind but the beds were unusually narrow and short. If you don't spend too much time sleeping you will be fine. The hotel is not too far from old Jerusalem, the temple mount and some of the other tourist sights. Customer service was good and all questions were met with a smile and patient reply. I would stay here again and would recommend it also

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I was recently part of a tour group and stayed for four days at the Olive Tree. They must give tour groups a good deal because there were many, many, tours groups while we were there.

The location is great, walking distance from the light rail system. The room that we were in was small by US standards but that is to be expected in a city like Jerusalem. The staff was courteous for the most part. The food was good and there was a variety to choose from. Coffee and tea was only available at breakfast.

Housekeeping could have been better. They were good about making the beds and providing clean towels. However, we had no shower soap (came in a dispenser) at all one day. There was no electrical outlet in the bathroom.

My biggest complaint was the lack of a free zone for internet access. Internet access had to be purchased at steep prices. One hour = USD 9, Three hours = USD 12, 24 hrs - USD 15, and an option for 4 days - about USD 45 - I can't remember the exact rate. I am guessing they don't want to provide a free zone because they don't want the lobby areas to be congested with people trying to access Wifi. Many people in our tour group thought that the internet charges were very unreasonable. I needed to have access for my job and the lack of internet access at a reasonable price was a hardship for me.

Because of the internet problems, if I had a choice, I would not choose Olive Tree in the future. However, if I were part of a tour group and the tour was using this hotel, I would not be too disappointed because there are some good points about this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DTW05
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed here while on an Educational Opportunities tour of the Holy Lands. I ended up with a great room, complete with balcony (though it was too cool to use it at the time). The hotel was modern and pretty nice. My room was clean and comfortable. Though I was tired enough each night that I could have slept anywhere, the bed was comfortable as well. I had a corner room, which not only had the balcony, but it was quiet too.

Our group ate at a buffet morning and night, which was very good overall. There were a lot of tour groups staying there, so expect LOTS of buses in the morning! While the hotel common areas and elevators were frequently busy with tour groups coming and going, I didn't find them to be too overcrowded. (It's hardly a bother at all if you like getting a little exercise with stairs!) I could see how the large tour groups might occasionally be a bit of an inconvenience for those who are not part of a group, so be aware of that.

Not having wifi access in our rooms was a pain. However, a few from our group remedied this by visiting the lounge at the hotel next door (Grand Court), which had free wifi in their common areas. We relaxed with a beverage, chit chatted and checked email, etc... it was not at all crowded, though the clientele there is a little different from the Olive Tree, and we got a few strange looks. They also have a payphone in the lobby there if you want to use a phonecard without paying the Olive Tree's in-room phone charge.

The location is very good. Though we didn't walk to the Old City, it was not so far that it would be difficult to do so.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SunburnMama
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights with church group. It's a very good 4 star by international standard. Rooms were of adequate size, clean, quiet and well decorated. Recpetion and catering staffs were all very friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast and dinner were excellent, plentiful, and choices changed everyday. The only minor issue I could pick is that there were many western tour groups staying there so the reception and buffet could be crowed at times but saying that I would be very happy to stay there again as a single traveller or as a group.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ChristinaLo
Reviewed 3 June 2012

With the exception of one rude front desk clerk, our stay at the Olive Tree was wonderful. The room was a good size. Beds could have been a little more comfortable, but were pretty typical. Bathroom had good water pressure and a decent size. The food was superb, and the wait staff in the dining room outstanding. Since I was with a tour group, I never walked to the old city, so I can't comment on location. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank ZetaStar
Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

Have just left our home away from home. Everything was perfect from location to food to room. It was a pleasant surprise to arrive back to our room everyday except one and find everything remade and restocked a special thank you to our maid. But on Thursday things were different I knew there had been someone different as the room was not done CBS a couple of people in our group had money stolen. But despite that I was happy with our stay thank you olive tree

• Stayed: June 2012