The Olive tree is just outside the old city walls (Damascus gate) - 10 min walking.
1) The rooms are clean, which was good.
2) The hotel is a typical tourist trap - huge, unfriendly and offers no service. (Best example: I wanted to order from the room service and called them - they requested me to come down, pick up the mune and then walk up to my room again and order!) I guess they are specialized in older couples and groups who do not complain when they are treated like mass tourists.
3) Do not stay there as a single woman as you have to go through the Damascus Gate, which is in the muslim quarter - very unpleasant experiance.
4) The area of the hotel offers no restaurants or supermarkets - I took refuge in the nearby American Colony Hotel restaurant ever ynicht, as the food in the Olive Tree is poor.
Would I stay there again? NO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free International calls to over 50 countries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Olive Tree Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olive Tree Jerusalem
- Hotel Olive Tree