“A peaceful time of day.”
Review of Garden Tomb

Garden Tomb
Ranked #10 of 310 things to do in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: Located north of the Old City’s Damascus Gate, this holy site for Christians is a popular place for prayer and meditation.
Reviewed 27 December 2013

When wanting to get away from all the hustle of the day, go over to the Garden Tomb outside Damascus Gate. Here you will find quiet, peace, and a guide to explain the area. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We were meet by a guide who gave us his insights into the tomb and allowed us plenty of time to see the entire facility.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

, it looks exactly how I would imagine.. What's nice about the place is that it has not been made into a church but instead is a peaceful garden with a tomb
the guide was really good.spoke clearly and cohesively and took the time to share with us the uniqueness of this site.
The atmosphere of the garden though whenever visited, is evocative and special and as the sun lights up the empty tomb, the effect is breathtaking.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I've been to the garden of the tomb many times since my childhood. It is a beautiful place even for a non-believer like me and I am sure it is a lot more moving for Christian believers. I have taken many guests there from various places around the world, some Christian, some not, and everybody was impressed.

The reason I recommend going there is that I believe that everybody (including Israelis) should get to see the surroundings - the east part of Jerusalem - and the contrast between the noise at pollution of a very lively city and the peacefulness of the garden made possible by the Anglican staff that it running the place.

Leave at least an hour to stroll around the garden, there's a lot to see but most of all there's a lot of peacefulness to absorb to be able to deal with the world outside this garden. Now, if you have extra time, there's a German school down the road (walk towards Damascus Gate and it will be on your left before the main road). I recommend asking the folks inside politely to take a look inside (if you speak German it helps a lot). There are quite a few surprises inside (some archeological exhibits and more) but most exciting is the view from the roof where you see East Jerusalem, the garden of the tomb, and the old city from a very interesting angle.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Whether you believe Christ died here or not, it a a wonderful place to sit and contemplate what He did 2000 years ago for us.