“Wow!”
Review of Garden Tomb

Garden Tomb
Ranked #10 of 313 things to do in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: Located north of the Old City’s Damascus Gate, this holy site for Christians is a popular place for prayer and meditation.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our Eo Tour group had already been to Old Jerusalem and seen holy sights there. The Garden Tomb, to me was one of the most meaningful places we visited on the whole trip. Everything was done in good taste and reverence. Our guide explained the various places in the Garden area. The site is definitely a garden and very beautiful! We saw the rock outcrop called "Golgotha" and it definitely has a skull look. We visited the tomb and were allowed to enter the tomb and take pictures. Following the visit to the tomb we were taken to a quite area for Communion. This is a must see!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,739)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Wonderfully peaceful. Very friendly staff. Nice little gift shop. We really enjoyed the flowers beds and scenery. Of course in addition to the view of the Golgatha hill and the empty tomb. There was very nice seating provided for viewing both sites.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This garden has a tomb where supposedly Jesus was buried after the crucifixtion. The garden is beautiful -right in the heart of Jerusale. It is so touching to be there and to walk around. Definitely a highlight of my trip to Israel.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I think this is the real tomb as opposed to the one in Church of Holy Sepulchre. If you compare it to what the bible said, this really makes more sense. The rock where the angel sat, the nail to seal the stone door, the proximity from Golgotha...all clues are there. This was the highlight of my trip. I spent a long time here just sitting on the bench nearby and staring at the cave. I could not believe I was there! It was a great experience! We got there at 2pm when it just opened for the afternoon. Not a lot of people so we enjoyed the privacy. The only annoying thing was, outside the Garden tomb entrance, there was a man selling souvenirs and after huggling with the best price and paying him, he said he does not have 5shekels for our change, so he just gave us $1, which is not the same value. When we insisted on getting our change, he miraculously produced 5 shekel from somewhere and lightly shoved my 80-year-old mom and said "Go!go!, you don't have money'! It was embarassing but my mom and I found this a little funny because we really did not have money. So we were giggling and when he saw us smiling, his exact words were "see, you are smiling, your face is white but your heart is black! You are stupid!" It did not fly well with my husband so there was a confrontation. An employee of the Garden Tomb came out and shooed us away as he shouted "Do not come back here!" What a way to end our beautiful Garden Tomb visit.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

it's beautiful, calm, and so worth to be seen, and get some private time, it makes amazing spiritual experience, the trees are from the time when Jesus was praying there ...