“very enjoyable stay”

Pearl Hotel
Pearl Hotel
Ranked #97 of 102 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 3 April 2006

very enjoyable stay, clean rooms refurbished, close to new and old city.
very nice indoor pool and spa

6  Thank dafne2011

Reviewed 22 February 2006

This hotel is in a great location. That is about all it has going for it. The place is just worn down and needs to be renovated. Our linens were not clean, they did not replace the tissues in the bathroom, furniture in the rooms all scratches. The breakfast was not good. Paid $40 per person for shabbat lunch...worth about $10. Front desk employees not very helpfull. Our keys were deactivated at one point during our stay. The pool area needs to be cleaned as well. Other hotels in the area are much better.

• Stayed: February 2006
7  Thank jctuesday
A TripAdvisor Member
new york
Reviewed 23 January 2006

great location! beautiful place for an affair. rooftop overlooks the old city of Jerusalem. walk to center of town. very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: August 2004
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 December 2005

I chose to stay at the Jerusalem Pearl (was called the Dan Pearl before they broke off from the Dan group of hotels) on the last 2 days of my stay in Jerusalem as it is a stone's throw from the Jaffa gate and one can run into the old city at whim. But my days there were Fri and Sat. It is also Sabbat at the hotel. For Sabbat all jewish hotels and stores and people just close and disappear. The hotel was occupied mostly by Jews wishing to do Sabbat at the wailing wall. When I asked for dinner I was told to walk 700 meters to an Arab place and get it. Walked part of the way, it was too lonely and dark so I returned to the hotel. I looked through the window of the hotel and saw all the jewish people (men women and children) having a feast and singing and dancing and when I insisted on getting something at the hotel, they offerred me a greek salad or tuna salad. I did not like either choice, so I went to bed without any dinner. Could not understand why the others were partying while I could not even get a slice of bread. Anyway, the hotel itself caters mostly to jewish people and one feels out of place if one is not a Jewish person. Place was a little smelly, towels threadbare, rooms were okay (shaped weirdly) and you look out into the street since there are no high floors. One gets nervous also because of the presence of armed guards at the door and soilders running around since it is so close to the Jaffa gate. The Dan Panorama was 10 times better than this for a slightly higher price! Please read my review of the Dan Panorama before you make your bookings at the Jerusalem Pearl

• Stayed: December 2005
10  Thank Widdington
Reviewed 27 October 2005

We stayed in the hotel this Jewish New Year Holliday 2005. Upon arrival security did not let me leave the bags at the entrance and directed me to parking garage refused to call for assistance where I was forced to carry my bags.

2. We ordered room service Tuna platter which arrived rancid spoiled vegetables.

3. when we complained we were told so we wont charge you.

4.We ordered our dinner to arrive room service it did:

4.1 no table cloth, no teaspoon, no second fork, no pickles.

4.2 soup and main dish cold, fish appetizer still raw.

4.3This is after the duty manager /MUSSA promised he would personally make sure that everything will be OK after the spoiled vegetables fiasco.

4.4 Upon trying to contact room service RAJA the operator told me she could not put me through and I would have to go down there.

5.0 They sent a complimentary fruit tray an apology offer which contained spoiled fruit.

6.0 In general the food was bad cut vegetables days old , stuffed chicken which was hard dry, hard rolls.

6.1 I asked a waiter for coffee at breakfast he told me to go to the lobby to get it.

• Stayed: October 2005
14  Thank validcritique
Reviewed 20 October 2005

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days. This is a first class hotel with every amenity. Staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel is directly facing walls of the Old City, opposite Jaffa Gate - couldn't be more central. There is a large basement swimming pool and wonderful restaurant. Rooms of a good size and extremely well furnished. Not too expensive.
I would have to say that this hotel must have the best location for visits to Old City. Also very convenient for New City.

• Stayed: February 2005
6  Thank martin08
A TripAdvisor Member
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 12 June 2005

The hotel is known now as Jerusalem Pearl; 5 min walk to the Jaffa Gate and old town -- perfect for sight seeing -- and short walk to new city shopping area as well; modern and large rooms somewhat tired looking; self parking underground I paid ~ 15 US$ for 3 nights ; huge buffet breakfast included -- booked through Israeli travel agent on line; great deal for the money !!!

• Stayed: June 2005