“Don't miss this place!”
Review of Gloria Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerusalem
Gloria Hotel
Ranked #30 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
“Don't miss this place!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

You can't get a better location for this price. Right inside the city walls at the Jaffa Gate. We had a lovely room, the breakfast buffet was nice but nothing beats the experience of being in the old city. We got up early in the morning and enjoyed exploring this incredible old city before the bus loads of tourists arrived.

We joined a tour after a week and were place in a "luxury" hotel about 1 km from the old city. This hotel charged twice the price and the experience was no where near as wonderful as staying at the Gloria.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chauncey12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 31 July 2013

A wonderful location inside Jaffa Gate, the management parks your car with free parking, arranges tours, hosts a delicious breakfast and rooms are moderate size, clean with nice bath. Nice bar and patio to meet people. I loved the decor, like set back in time in the holiest of all cities, Jerusalem!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Yazoomis
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This hotel is fantastic. The owners/managers are friendly and unaccountably do whatever they can to make your stay an experience to remember. I take groups to the Holy land and this was my first time at this hotel. Excellent location, staff fantastic. Great atmosphere in this hotel and the rooms were great. We had half board at the hotel and the food was good with a great variety. There is nothing I can say which might be negative and I have booked again for 2 more groups - over the next year.

Room Tip: All rooms are great - no complaints from my group:-)
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cheryll B
Castaic, CA
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Our Biblical study group stayed here in the first week of June, 2013. It's hard to accurately rate a hotel when you have nothing else to gauge it by -- this being our first time to the middle-east. We (not our group) stayed here for about 6 days.

The Good: (1) Location is fantastic for walking around Old Jerusalem. Located close to Jaffa Gate, between the Christian and Armenian quarters. Not far to the Western Wall. In addition, they have brand new shopping mall just down and outside the gate bringing modern life into the old (plus added restaurants).(2) We had an elderly woman in our group who needed emergency medical treatment. The hotel sent one of their staff to take her and her husband to an urgent care and waiting until she was done and then brought them back to the hotel (nice). Staff for the most part were friendly and helpful.

Not so good: (1) Breakfast was not good, except for losing weight. Tasted like they used powered eggs. They had dry cereal but would place the pitcher of milk 6 inches in front of a hot (rotating grate type) toaster. Within 15 min, it was warm milk.(2) Housekeeping was hit and miss. The female housekeeper did a decent job, the male was horrible. TV service had about 3 channels (each channel duplicated) and 1 channel international in English if I remember correctly. We were usually too tired by this point to watch much TV anyway.

Like I said, with out spending anytime in any of the other local hotels, it is really hard to judge.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PRitt07
Israel
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The location near Jaffa Gate is great for visiting the old city.
The hotel has good atmosphere.
Room is modern, but the leverators feel hazardous, slow and creepy.
Staff was friendly.
Breakfast could be better...

Room Tip: Some rooms have balcony. Try to get those. Also, on the first floor, there are rooms that open to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank avihub
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I truly made a bad choise I hate this hotel; location the front desk staff who never smiled . Room was so so house keeping was very bad they don't know how to do their jobs. Breakfast was no breakfast I am used to much better.
Pool they don't know what that is!!!

Maybe it's me but I have stayed in far lesser hitels and enjoyed myself much much more. Would not return-

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Toya C
Washington DC
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Gloria hotel for four nights as I explored Jerusalem. It is right by Jaffa Gate, one of the main entrances to the old city. It was an easy walk to all of the tourist sites in the old city. Also, for meals, it was an easy walk to a few areas with lots of restaurants too.

My room was modest but comfortable. The walls aren't particularily thick, so I heard my neighbors and anyone talking in the hall. AC was good. The breakfast was quite big, medium quality, not the most impressive part of my stay.

I arrived at 5am from a middle of the night flight. The shuttle from the airport dropped me off steps away from the hotel. When I arrived to check in, they were able to get me a room right away.

Great pick for a reasonable price in Jerusalem. Email the hotel, I think I got a better rate that way.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo