“Glad we found it”

Jerusalem Inn Hotel
Ranked #3 of 60 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 November 2011

The Jerusalem Inn is one block from Ben Yehuda Street and an easy walk (about two blocks) from the light rail stop at Jaffa Center (King George Street). You can walk or take the light rail for one stop to reach the Jaffa Gate of the Old City. We've never stayed in a hotel in Jerusalem that was this convenient to everything. The hotel is small (25 rooms) and has no elevator, but the most you have to walk is up two flights of stairs. Our room was small, but there was plenty of storage in the closet (and more hangers than you get in much higher-priced hotels), a nice-sized plasma TV, a large and comfortable bed, small refrigerator, hair dryer on request, kumkum (electric water kettle)/coffee/tea/sugar on request, free WiFi, and a small but very functional bathroom. Because the location was so convenient, it made it easy to return to the room for a break in our sightseeing to rest, and then to go out again. Breakfast buffet is provided at Rachela, a small restaurant about 1/2 block from the hotel. Food was more homemade style than typical restaurant fare, good selection, and it was very good. If you arrive to the city by bus, take the light rail outside the Central Bus Station to the Jaffa Center (King George) stop and walk the two blocks to the hotel. You'll save money and a lot of time, as traffic in Jerusalem is horrible. We go to Jerusalem every one to two years and we will definitely stay at the Jerusalem Inn again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Jerusalem Inn Hotel

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed one night.Hard to find by car but is walking distance from Yaffa St. Tram. Not far from Old City and close to Restaurants Bars and Stores. Room was small but very clean. Shower and toilet in room. Hotel Staff were very helpful and pleasant. We could leave our luggage with them after we checked out so we could spend another day in the Old City. Included Breakfast was in a cafe around the corner it was basic by Israeli standards but very nice. For a small hotel security was good. Lobby Door was locked in the late Evening, opened by hotel staff as they seen you coming.

Room Tip: If you are staying for a longer period of time ask if ther is a bigger room
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike J
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Ten minutes from the old city by foot, or quicker by tram. Easy tram from the main bus station (once the tram is fully functional). Great value.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank ChrisBetty
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The hotel was located within walking distance to the Wailing Wall, Ben Yehuda Street, and other major attractions of the city. The room was contemporary & clean, and had a modern interior design. The atmosphere was friendly, and the staff was unbelievably helpful. This hotel will become my hotel of choice while I travel annually to Jerusalem; it exceeded all of my expectations…simply wonderful!
Mira Mayer
Turlock, California

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Mira M
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We showed up here on a Saturday evening, after a four-hour bus ride from Eilat. It was great. We dropped off our bags and went right out to a busy area, where it was easy to find dinner. The Inn is clean, with a couple of computers for guests' use. It's near the Jaffa Gate of the Old City. They don't have breakfast but they give you a voucher for a lovely cafe around the corner, Racheli's. It serves an Israeli breakfast, plus her baked goods. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa Z
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Great place to stay! My room was perfect it had a cute little balcony,the bathroom was a little small,but who cares you don't spend alot of time in there. My room did'nt have a phone in it which was great I am on vacation and don't need to be bothered. The staff knocked on my door for my wake up time each morning which was more pleasant than a ringing phone.When someone needed to contact me the staff was very quick to give me any messages . The use of the computer and free internet in the lobby was also a plus. The free breakfast located at a sweet little cafe around the corner was great and its perfect little outdoor patio in the back made starting the morning perfect. Location was excellent ! It is a nice and simple 10 - 15 minute walk to the Old City.Passing cafes and stores ( for your daily snacks and drinks) on the way.Make sure you look at the book that is provided in your room ( it is full of great information and directions to alot of places ) It is also close to a great shopping area with lots of great stores and resturaunts. Staff was very sweet and very helpful.! I can not say enough great things about the staff . They were all so GREAT and HELPFUL. They helped me with re - arranging tours I previously made ,and on one day I decided I wanted to go to Hebron and Herodian Mountain so they arranged for a taxi to take me and give me tour ( BEST TOUR EVER on the spur of a moment)
Tour company picks you up at the Hotel! Always a great plus . Tour company I used was BEIN HARIM TOURS . This is the second time to use them. They have Great Tours and Prices. The staff can help you arrange tours if you need them to or you can arrange them online at their website.
Anyway I really loved The Jerusalem Inn . First Class Service!!!!!!!
I almost forgot and not a big deal there is a small club nearby that can make some noise at night (music) bring a small table top fan and it will drown out the noise . Mine fit perfectly in my suit case or you can simply bring earplugs ( Noise not worth missing out on this Hotel) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Best tip if they have a room book it !!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank RobinDav
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We had two rooms that were reminiscent of an aging budget motel. The inn is very conveniently located to restaurants and shops of Ben Yehuda pedestrian mall. We paid for a room with four beds and instead got two twin beds and two pull-out couch beds, not acceptable in my opinion when you pay per person. The bathroom was very run-down, with loose tiles and an incredibly tiny sink. The walls in the room were dirty, with water stains and grease marks. We were stuck there, as it had been difficult to find available rooms anywhere in West Jerusalem for a busy June weekend. The staff was aloof and unresponsive to carefully placed complaints. The other room that we had booked was a teeny tiny double room that had a very difficult bathroom layout--toilet right next to the jutting out sink, making it very uncomfortable to sit on the toilet or move around. They had forgotten to clean the bathroom when we first checked in and my in laws had to complain about that. We booked these rooms because there was nothing else in West Jerusalem and because the Fodor's guide had good things to say about this hotel, but I'm not sure where they got their information. It worked out fine because we stayed busy and out of the room, but the room was quite expensive for the grossness of it.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family