“Nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 60 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
Vladivostok, Russia
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Perfect location and very friendly staff.
I don't know why a lot of people complains about the rooms, mine was good, nice and clean.
The only disadvantage is some bar not far away, so it is a bit noisy until midnight

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This place was great. Friendly helpful staff, the best breakfast in Jerusalem... Can be a little noisy, but that's because it's in a lively area. Rooms were clean and neat. Will be happy to return next time I'm in Jerusalem.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 14 November 2013

the hotel is located in a great spot in the center of the city very close to a lot of good bars and restaurants. the problem is the hotel it self - the rooms are very tight (i was upgraded and i don't want to think about the size of a regular room...), the sheets on my bad were too small for the mattress, the bathroom is very inconvenient, small, tight and almost impossible. the breakfast was average.
i will not come back..

Room Tip: you must choose the biggest room possible..
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I gave this hotel 2 stars only for the good location to the old town (10 minute walk to the Jaffa gate) and the close proximity to a lot of yummy restaurants. Admittedly the breakfast was ok and the personnel were nice but that doesn't make up for how crappy the rooms are. I don't expect luxury but I do expect a certain level of comfort for relaxing after a long day sightseeing, especially when I am paying 86 euros a night for it. The 1st day we returned to our room (nr. 108) after dinner to find that it stank like someone had been excessively farting in the room. The guy from reception came up armed with an air freshener (I doubt it was the 1st time someone had complained about this room) and said 'phwoa, what a stink' but unfortunately had no available rooms for that night. Between the smell and the noise from the bar out front we did not sleep well that night. We were given a different room the next day thankfully, but like the 1st the furniture was desperately old fashioned, the sheets although clean were pretty worn and had some old stains, and the workmanship of the bathroom fixtures was very shoddy. The sink was so small I couldn't wash my face without causing a waterfall onto the carpet - the mold around the carpet at the base told me I was not the only 1 that had this problem. Apart from the noisy bar at the front of the hotel and the noisy bar at the back of the hotel (busy every night we were there; from Thursday to Monday) the hotel itself is very noisy. Only after we checked out did my husband also tell me that he killed a couple of ugly looking bugs during our stay. Maybe if we had paid 50 euros a night I would not be complaining now, but this hotel in no way justifies the cost. There is also no way that I would stay here again or recommend it - find somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
AyalaHotels, Manager at Jerusalem Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear guest,
We are sorry that the hotel did not meet to your expectations.
You have reserved and paid for a standard room. those are simple rooms that have not been renovated yet ,and have an old sewage system occasionaly causing some smell .
Hopefully we will end the renovation for those rooms during 2014.
I would like to thank you for your remarks, we will learn them throughly.
All the best,
Naama Yemini

Travellers are raving about these Jerusalem hotels

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We have been last autumn in this Hotel. Last we experienced only once - when Obama won the election - excessive noise. This time it was every night until at least 3 am.
The room was not as clean as you expect a room in a *** star Hotel.
The Location is excellent and so was the breakfast. It is a Hotel for backpackers or People who do not mind excessive noise

Room Tip: Since the Hotel is surrounded by Pubs I do not believe that there is a quiet room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed in a very small one occupancy room, even though it had a double or queen size bed in it in order to sleep two. I say it was one occupancy cause my wife, if she had come along, and i would have had a hard time moving about the room. This in no way detracted from my great stay. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was awesome, always varied and was presented very elegantly by the hostess who was also very nice and pleasant. The room was clean and up to modern standards with a flat screen tv, and fridge. The bathroom was tiny but again clean and up to modern standards. The only drawback was the shower leaked at the bottom into the rest of the bathroom due to lack of a containment lip. I advised S'vi at the front desk before leaving who was appreciative that I brought this to his attention. Overall I would not hesitate from staying with them again, in fact the wife and I are planning to go back in march and we will be staying with them once again, just requesting a bigger room which they do have. Looking forward to seeing S'vi again and all the great staff. Thank you to all of them and shalom.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Untirtled
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

The Jerusalem Inn was a great choice for my stay in Jerusalem. I read all the previous reviews and was prepared for my stay. One thing I noticed in other reviews was the noise from nearby bars. That is certainly true, but I had a street facing room and the noise was not too bad.

The staff at the hotel were helpful, from my very late check-in, to calling my day-tour operator when there was a glitch and answering any questions I had. My room was adequate as I wasn't in the room for anything other than sleeping. The room was clean and had a strong shower.

Breakfast at the hotel was great everyday. The selection was different everyday and the food was quite good. It was nice to have a place for breakfast without having to leave the hotel.

As for location, the Jerusalem Inn can't be beat! It is within walking distance to the Old City, which everyone wants to visit. The light rail system is very close-by and easily takes you further from the hotel to such places as the Holocaust Museum and the Mehane Yehuda market, two other must-see places.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Jerusalem Inn and would stay here again if I have the chance to return to Jerusalem. I would also recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Jerusalem.

• Stayed October 2013