“"The Arthur has it all"”

Arthur Hotel Jerusalem - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The Arthur has it all: Warm, friendly staff, excellent location (walk to most places of interest), newly renovated bedrooms and bathrooms, wonderful (upscale and plentiful) breakfast that can be enjoyed outdoors, free (and functioning) wifi and a relaxed happy hour. Add to this a very fair price for the stay and you get a perfect hotel! Thank you to Ayala and her staff for making our stay in Jerusalem a memorable one. Next time in Jerusalem we hope to stay with you again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bizplan

Reviewed 3 July 2013

In the center of the Ben Yehuda Midrachov (pedestrian-only street) is hidden the Arthur boutique Hotel, situated in the center of town and the night scene. Yet it is very quiet, solidly furnished, and very comfortable. A nice breakfast and very helpful staff makes it an ideal place to stay while visiting in Jerusalem.

Room Tip: From there all the Jerusalem attractions are accessible by foot!
1  Thank Hava C
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband and I (Boston and NY natives) and just got married in Jerusalem in May 2013. We and our guests from abroad (~40 people) stayed at the Arthur Hotel for our 3 nights in Jerusalem and had a wonderful and unforgettable experience.

If you are planning a destination wedding and prefer a boutique hotel experience to a large chain hotel, the Arthur is your best choice. You get excellent, warm, and friendly service, beautiful décor (colonial, yet relaxing), INCREDIBLY comfortable beds and showers, a reasonable price, and a great location. And it's a brand new hotel. You can't get better than that! It's a uniquely easy, no stress choice for a discerning wedding couple or anyone planning a special occasion group trip.

Here are some more detailed, noteworthy highlights of our experience:

*Upon arrival at the hotel, everyone on staff immediately recognized our names and knew we were there for our wedding. The greeting we got felt more like we were arriving at family than at a hotel.

*We met and were impressed with the hospitable, fun, and detail-oriented hotel manager, Ayala Dekel, who I had spoken to prior to coming. Ayala greeted us and ensured that we were taken good care of throughout the experience. Ayala had various welcome treats left in our room and she and her staff did their best to accommodate all of our needs and help us with all
recommendations we needed. Hadar, the Front Desk Manager, and Eli and Nofar who also worked at the front desk, helped us with COUNTLESS random wedding-related to dos that came up day or night and throughout our stay (and during my mom and my four-day Jerusalem wedding planning visit a couple weeks prior). Thank you soooo much, we are so appreciative.

*One of the most memorable experiences is when we returned to the hotel at ~2am the night of our wedding and found a surprise cake and wedding wishes in our room. We brought the cake down to the dining room where Eli brought us a fistful of forks so we and our friends could share a bite. It was a delicious (mmm...chocolate chip and coffee bean cake!) and a memorable surprise. And it gave us the energy to continue the party to 4am!

*Our guests were all super super happy with the hotel choice - it's a lot of responsibility to choose a hotel that will satisfy the needs and likes of a large group of people of varying ages most of whom had never been to Israel - and the Arthur Hotel passed with flying colors! I heard numerous praises from our guests about the tasty breakfast and happy hour, the beautiful décor in the rooms and in the dining area, warm and high quality service, and incredibly comfortable beds and showers. As proof in the pudding, one couple even cancelled plans to stay at a hotel up North in order to stay longer at the Arthur!

*The location is great. You're right off the famous pedestrian Ben Yehuda street, a few minutes from the very efficient light rail stop (and the Shuk (aka Mahane Yehuda) is only 2 stops away), and a short walk to the Old City and Mamila Center. It is worth noting that as you are on the pedestrian walk, you cannot be dropped off right by the hotel, however this is not an issue as the hotel has a little golf cart to help with luggage and the drop off point is only a few minutes away. On a fun note, my husband and I got to ride in the cart through the pedestrian area in our wedding dress and suit from the hotel to our taxi on our way to our couples photo shoot. This gave us a uniquely Israeli and warm experience of getting "Mazal Tov'ed" by various pedestrians who we rode past : )

*Read if you're the Bride: I strongly considered staying at one of the more expensive Jerusalem hotels, especially in terms of a space to get ready in for my wedding day, however am so happy I did not. Not only would it make the logistics more challenging to not be in the same hotel as the guests, but I researched the Trip Advisor reviews and did not feel the price would be justified, especially when there were references to lighting not being great. The room at the Arthur turned out to be PERFECT. There was a full length mirror next to full length glass doors leading to a balcony. The hair and makeup guy was able to work with good natural lighting while the videographers and photographers were able to comfortably come in and out of the room. In addition my close family and friends had space to pop in and out of the room as I was getting ready. Further, I loved the room decor and it was very photogenic in the video and photos. I stayed in room 408 during my first visit with my mom and chose it for my wedding time visit as I LOVED it so much.

We are thrilled we discovered the Arthur Hotel for us and our guests for our wedding trip. It exceeded our expectations and we could not have made a better choice. We highly, enthusiastically, and without reservations [although we're sure you'll need them ; )] recommend the Arthur Hotel for your wedding or other important group occasion!!!

Room Tip: Room 408 is one of the best and has balcony space. Request a room on the quiet side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spinthegl0be
Reviewed 29 June 2013

The hotel is in a great location--15 min walk from old city and 15 min walk to market (mahne yuda). Also it is on the light rail line which easily takes you to yad vashem.
The hotel is a little hard to find because it is on a pedestrian street off a pedestrian street. Have your cab bring you to shammy street and then walk straight.
The breakfast is great--lots of options (healthy and not healthy).
The staff are very nice and very accommodating.
I would stay here again!
The only down side is that the rooms are small. Also, some rooms face a noisy street. If you like quiet you should request a room that is away from the people.

Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank kangaroo2010
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We were visiting Jerusalem for 2 days and found this Hotel in Trip advisor. This is a new Hotel locate in Ben Yehuda main street close to nice restaurant and very close to the tram takes you directly to old city and Machane Yehuda market. the service is awesome polite and the manager Miss Ayala is an expert and assist us a lot in finding the right path to travels with all the small tips coming from a person who understand and know every corner in this amazing city
Highly recommended !!

Room Tip: mine was great
1  Thank GY9124
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Last weekend we celebrated my birthday with couple of friends in Jerusalem. The four of us stayed at Arthur hotel which is a charming and pleasant hotel and in a great location - close to everything, we walked everywhere.
The staff was kind and accommodating, the rooms are large and comfortable, the pillows are the best I have ever slept on! very clean - I can not wait for my next visit to Jerusalem and stay again at Arthur hotel.

1  Thank g_bengiat
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We cannot wait until we return to Jerusalem and stay at the Arthur Hotel. This hotel is charming, and the front desk manager Hadar Shahar was always helpful and made arrangements for anything we requested. Nofar was also helpful in picking out restaurants.
The hotel was such a find I wanted to tell the manager, so I met Ayala Dekel, who manages both the Harmony and Arthur, and told her she runs an amazing hotel. The hotel is the cleanest hotel with the best pillows. When I commented on the pillows, I was told they had changed them 4 times before settling on the right pillow.
The happy hour wine and nibbles are fun and the breakfasts are fresh and plentiful.

Room Tip: We stayed in a high floor back room (jaffa side) and it was perfect. I actually saw that tip from an...
2  Thank Donna7247