“King of Hotels:-)”

Ranked #3 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Opotiki, New Zealand
“King of Hotels:-)”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here for 5 days and enjoyed it.
Close to the Old City and the trams on Jaffa Road. Also close to some excellent restaurants..very useful since the restaurant only serves breakfast.
Clean, friendly staff and excellent breakfasts.
I had a back room with not much of a view but nice and quiet. Windows double glazed and all zircon
I will stay there again

Room Tip: All rooms ok
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have just returned from a 17 day tour of Israel with a small group of friends, and though I am still suffering the effects of jet lag, I wanted to write a review while the details are still fresh. My friends and I were part of an organized tour for the first 14 days of the trip, and we stayed at three Leonardo hotels and at the King Solomon Hotel in Jerusalem. While we had no major complaints during our stays there, we were ready to be pampered at The Arthur for a couple of days before we headed home. That's exactly what happened from the moment we arrived at The Harmony, The Arthur's sister hotel, to arrange to have our bags transported there. The staff at the Harmony did so flawlessly, and check in at the Arthur was seamless.

When we walked through The Arthur's red entry doors, we knew we were somewhere special. The lobby was small and intimate with a long aqua couch and red ottomans to encourage relaxed visiting. The art on the wall added to the ambiance. We loved all the different textures on the walls and floors. There was even a "Persian" rug in the elevator.

When we entered our rooms, we were even more delighted. Each room was a little different, but they all had comfortable beds, well appointed bathrooms, thoughtful lighting and an abundance of outlets for charging electronics. Our rooms were on the fifth floor, and each had a balcony. However, my mother's room at the end of the hall had a larger one with room to sit and people watch. We all enjoyed looking out on the pedestrian shopping/dining area from our balconies.

Speaking of people watching, The Arthur is steps away from a people watcher's mecca. Ben Yehuda, not only has many shops selling high quality souvenirs and restaurants to please the palate, it has all different sorts of people from all over the world strolling by.

Now that I've brought up food, I must include a shout out to Ori, the dining room manager/chef who created the delicious breakfasts and "happy hour" spreads during our stay. The food was the best we had during our trip. In addition, he went the extra mile twice during our short stay. One member of our party is a very early riser and headed down for breakfast before the dining room was ready to serve guests. However, Ori saw him seated nearby and brought him coffee and a power bar to tide him over until breakfast. Later, when he learned that my mother had just turned 70, he came out of the kitchen with a small cake to help her celebrate. He deserves a raise!

The employees at the front desk were also very helpful. Yasmin cheerfully arranged our transport to the airport and assured us that we could store our bags in a locked room after we checked out so that we could enjoy our final day unencumbered. Other members of our party were welcomed to hang out in the lobby while waiting for our taxi. Nofar recommended a great pizza restaurant in the area and explained how to get there.

We enjoyed the hotel itself but also found the location terrific for accessing Old Jerusalem. We walked there several times during our visit and never felt unsafe--even late in the evening. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Please note, if you are a light sleeper, you might want to consider another hotel or plan to use earplugs while staying at this hotel--especially on Saturday night or during a holiday period. There is a restaurant across the street with live music, and the party lasts into the night. (This didn't prevent anyone from sleeping in our party, but I did use earplugs the first night.)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bushey, Herts
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is the fourth Altas Hotel we have stayed in in Israel - and I have to say we were disappointed. Fortunately we had emailed ahead and asked for a large, quiet room and this is what we got. However, I did hear a number of guests complaining about their rooms - so be warned. Breakfast was a disappointment. Quality of food was poor, asked for a cappuccino which was very watery, requested fried eggs which were served undercooked. The "happy hour" was terrible. In the Harmony Hotel they prepared a whole table of lovely nibbles, here on one night they served portions of toast (with nothing on it) as the savoury option. Fruit was tasteless and of poor quality. The same cake was served every day. One night our bed hadn't been made properly - the cleaner hadn't straightened the sheets or removed tissues and had literally just thrown the covers over. There was still rubbish left on the floor. One positive was Yasmin the receptionist who was absolutely brilliant and all her recommendations were great. Do try Kadosh (5 mins walk from the hotel) for a fabulous coffee and cake - lunch looked great too. The positive thing about the hotel was its great location - 10 mins from the Old City, right near Jaffa Road, 10 mins from the market, and surrounded by good restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The specified service is started on the phone when I first talked to jasmine,from The hotel receptionist. Her kindness and her notes were more pleasant. The excellent service continued throughout our stay in the hotel. I also want to mention the special design and pleasant atmosphere Throughout the stay. we also Really liked the tea break, the wine and light refreshments thet werer given in the afternoon.
Had a great stay!
Definitely will return again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ben a
New York City
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I just realized that I never shared how wonderful my stay was at The Arthur last spring. First of all, the hotel is gorgeous; the designer is a genius and I want him to come to NYC and style my apartment. The feeling is a magical combination of modern and historic, just like Israel. The location is so convenient and an easy walk to anywhere you want to go. Most importantly, the people and the service are so warm and caring they made you feel like long lost family.I wanted to bring the front desk clerk back to the stakes with me, along with the wonderful designer. I can't wait to "back come" home to the Arthur in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AdeleGutman
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel for its central location. It is situated in between the old town and the mahane yehuda market (about 10mins walk) and is surrounded by bars and restaurants.
The rooms were nicely kitted out and the staff friendly. The manager's reception was good although I would recommend getting there early as the wine runs out fairly quickly. Breakfast was good and the shakshuka was yummy. The only slight let down was the mosquitoes in the room. We had to do a bit of swatting to get rid of them.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a fantastic stay at the Arthur Hotel! Our room was comfortable and well-appointed. The breakfast buffet was fantastic--loved all the local foods like falafel and the shakshuka (both were delicious). It was the most unique breakfast buffet I've ever seen--not your typical foods, which I really appreciated. We also really enjoyed the Happy Hour every evening with complimentary drinks and food. We met a number of people during this time--great idea!

The location was great--plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. The Old City was only a 15-minute walk away.

The staff was helpful in making reservations for tours and restaurants and such. They also packed a breakfast for us on the mornings we were on early tours. Yasmin was phenomenal--she corresponded with me a month out from our trio and helped us book a tour to Petra.

We would absolutely stay herd again!

Room Tip: The location is on a pedestrian street, so you might want to request a room away from the street to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple