“Dvir Hollander -- Passport to Jerusalem”

Just Jerusalem Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 250 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing private tours since 2008, this city gives an unforgettable experience to everyone. No matter where you're from, nor your religioun – Jerusalem will be remembered. We'll set a flexible itinerary to provide you with a customized tour, mixing it up between "must see sights" & "off the beaten track". It's a true honor to serve as a "Jerusalem window" to so many people all over the world – it would be a privilege to be yours…
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Dvir Hollander scores a perfect 10 as he takes you through the geography, history, and theologies of Jerusalem. He combines a profound and nuanced grasp of subjective matter with an engaging personality that enriched our Jerusalem experience geometrically. My wife and grad-student son and I are reasonably well read in ancient history and Biblical history, as well as current affairs in the Middle East. Dvir's services helped immeasurably to integrate, refine, and expand on what we knew coming in, and then he added many more layers of information and understanding.

We travel widely and often engage guides to enrich the experience. Dvir is unquestionably one of the BEST.

There are newer reviews for Just Jerusalem Tours - Day Tours

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Dvir was our guide for a full day tour of Jerusalem for my wife and me. The day before had been a desultory trip to Masada and the Dead Sea (friends we went with have already panned the guide). The day with Dvir was something else, a day I will always remember. Before we even entered the old city, we talked at the Jaffa gate for an hour just about the history, at our insistence, and Dvir could answer every question, every date. Then the tour began and we wandered trhough nieghborhood after neighborhood; everywhere people would greet Dvir with a handshake of hug, He even managed to get us into the Temple Mount with barely a 15 minute wait *by checking the line at 2pm just before the 230 cut-off had discouraged most people). IT was a funny day because all the arab shops were ckosed by a strike and normally noisy markets were deserted. But he managed to find us a wonderful place for lunch, whee we were the only people there.

:It was a day to remember.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

A group of four of us took a tour with Eyal Levin. We had traveled to Israel for a summer conference and only had one day for touring. I was skeptical that Eyal could take us through the Old City in just a single day, but he did it, and in the meantime gave us an amazing and meaningful tour! Eyal picked us up from our hotel early and gave us great pre-tour information on our drive to Jerusalem that helped us to prepare for our experience and maximize our time in the old city. When we arrived in Jerusalem Eyal was sure that we hit all the important sites, but also gave us time to reflect and really enjoy the experience. He was able to answer every question that we asked, which I found to be especially impressive, but he didn't overwhelm us with uninteresting details. In fact, I noticed us walking past several tour groups that were essentially being lectured to. For these groups, it seemed like they were in a boring class about Jerusalem, but Eyal's tour helped us learn through experiencing Jerusalem! Eyal was incredibly adaptable as well. He was able to speak all the different languages that are spoken in the Old City, so we had access to places and views of different things in the city that other groups did not have access to. Additionally, one of the individuals in our tour group was 7 months pregnant, which Eyal didn't know ahead of time, but he quickly adapted the tour so that we regularly were taking rests and stopping by the cleanest bathrooms in the city. Included in our tour was an introduction to the most unique foods in the Old City, which was another demonstration of Eyal's knowledge and good name with local store owners -- he was even able to get us samples of some foods we had not tried in the past, which were fun to try. I think the best measure of a good experience is when the experience is recommended to others. I have only been back from my trip to Israel for three days and have already recommended Eyal as a tour guide to three friends who are traveling there in the future. If you are lucky enough to book a trip with Eyal, I would highly recommend it, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I live in Connecticut, USA and in mid-May, 2014 while exploring Israel on vacation, I spent a day on a one on one private tour with Dvir Hollander in Jerusalem. We ventured throughout the city, from well known spots to lesser known areas,rooftops and alleys while Dvir provided extremely valuable insight and knowledge into the extensive and significant history of the area and well explained the cultural, political and religious matters that characterize Jerusalem. He answered all of my many questions with an amazing level of knowledge on all of the subjects we discussed. In addition to all of this he is an extremely nice person to spend time with and we had a great time together. I look forward to returning to Israel and spending a day with him again in the future. Israel is a must go place in this world and Jerusalem is truly like no other place and at the heart of it all - I highly recommend Dvir as a private tour guide as he will enhance your visit and surpass your expectations to better understand this complicated area of the world.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Our family of four thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Dvir. We arrived during the holiday season, while many shops were closed we still saw so much, so many sides of Jerusalem which we can never find on our own. Dvir was very considerate with the tour route - which we really appreciate as we took our two young children with us, we also had a stroller. He was also very friendly and approachable and it felt like we were spending time with a friend who lived in Jerusalem. We would recommend the tour to anyone thinking of visiting the city.