“Best place to stay in Jerusalem”
Review of Hillel 11

Hillel 11
Ranked #49 of 102 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Having been lucky enough to have stayed at Hillel 11 twice, I can happily say it is the best place to stay! The location is great-jsut off Ben Yehuda, surrounded by great restaurants. The staff are so friendly, welcoming and happy to assist

Room Tip: All rooms are great with a kitchenette. Very nice!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Saul j
Hillel11-Hadas, Public Relations Manager at Hillel 11, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you Andre for taking the time to post about your experience of steying here at Hillel11.

As you wrote, our helpfull and always-willind staff would have tried to help with the outside noise and find you a solution.

please note that as you also wrote, its the perfect location that gives us this amazing energy and vitality ( including night hours , and some times in an Israeli special volume... ). We apologize if our central location caused a disturbance to you.

We are looking forward to welcome you back. Please be in touch with me directly when making your order by us next time so i can assist and make it a 100% perfect for you!

Kind regards,

Hadas Weiss
PR Manager
Hillel11, Jerusalem

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here in December 2013. Great location for access to everything in Jerusalem. The rooms are very well sound proofed. Kept awake most nights from night time traffic. Israeli's have got the desire to use their horns for anything and everything. Woken in the early hours most days by an alarm activating near to the hotel. Could everyone moving about in the corridors during the early hours when residents returning. Staff were always helpful and willing. Great value hotel. Take ear plugs if you are going.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Andre B

Kind regards,

Hadas Weiss
PR Manager
Hillel11, Jerusalem

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is not a fully fledged hotel, but rather a private apartment.
I was attracted by the good reviews and right now have ambivalent feelings about it. First things first.

Location is undoubtedly Hillel's best asset. It is conveniently located in a walking distance to the heart of Jerusalem (its ancient walls).

Staff deserves for at least a reprimand if not a change. Staff was not helpful at all (e.g. I asked if they can call for a cab they told me to take a bus or walk). When I get to my room, sheets were not changed and general cleanliness was an issue, I had to ask twice receptionist to come upstairs and verify what I am saying is true. Once he finally appeared, he seemed not to see an issue in my room (see photos attached). After a minor argumentation, he agreed to send for a cleaning guy... and told me to come back in 2 hrs(!). No apologies... simply that was unacceptable situation that spoiled my entire visit.

Rooms: Some (like mine) are small but quite nicely decorated with a modern equipment (with a good air-conditioning, small fridge, hanging flat TV with plethora of channels). There are a few bigger rooms too.

Amenities: There is nothing there but a living space (no restaurant, no gym). WiFi is available in the whole location, luckily free of charge and working fine.

Dining: there is no restaurant on-site. However you can find plenty dining places on the same street. If you are a carnivore I recommend a burger place down the street (in direction to Jerusalem walls) with delicious home made burger (unfortunately not too affordable).

Price/Value Ratio: Very good.

Recommendation: If there the only staff had been different, I would say: go ahead book it, don't think twice.

Room Tip: Simply there is not too much to choose from. All the rooms are located on the same floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank wodzik
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Nice apart-hotel in the center of Jerusalem. Better value than business hotels. Small, but clean and well appointed rooms, good wifi and electronics. Free parking overnight on meters nearby - but make sure to feed the meter by 8am!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dmitry G
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I booked this hotel knowing from the reviews that it had no breakfast service and had no problem with that. The room was comfortable and very quiet. The bathroom was small but very modern. The housekeeping was immaculate. I had to go back to the room during the day for something and found the cleaning person wet mopping the floor. My room was cleaned every day during my 4 day stay. The hotel is centrally located. I was in Jerusalem for a family visit and found that the light rail train and the busses that I needed to use were within a 5 minute walk. The front desk staff were helpful in making phone calls which were at no charge to me whether local or even to Tel Aviv. In contrast to some other reviewers I had no problems with my wifi connection. I will stay at Hillel 11 on my next visit to Jerusalem.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I decided to stay at this hotel on the basis of the trip advisers ratings and price I got it through Booking.com
The hotel is well located in the West of Jerusalem and in a nice area within it, easy walk to Old City.
The rooms are well kept suites, with a separate bedroom en suite and sitting area with fridge, which was ideal for my trip.
The staff are to the most very friendly, but at least one member of staff, was not very helpful!
There are no facilities whatsoever, other than what is contained in your room!
Points to note:-
Six nights a week there is a receptionist/night porter, but due to religious observance Friday night the person sleeps in the hotel. They will do morning wake up calls but obviously not Saturday morning
TV are situated in the bedroom and living area, but in my room the TV was not good picture and you had to go into the sitting area to change channels.
My biggest complaint is the taking of money in Dollar's. As I went through Booking.com the price at time of booking was in pounds, with note that it would be taken in local currency. As the hotel they charged me in dollars I ended up losing out and paying more than anticipated. I resent a hotel in a first world country such as Israel, using another countries currency to bill a visitor from another country.
Finally I resent the hotel emailing me pressing me to not only putting a trip adviser entry in, but also to score it 10's, this comes across as very tacky and not in keeping with the overall quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: I do not think it really matters, the rooms are at least on floors above the street and I was on flo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We loved our stay at the Hillel 11 hotel. It was the end of a 7 day whirlwind trip around Israel, and we appreciated the convenience and comfort of the hotel. It was easy to catch the train to the Old City. As well, we were within walking distance of both the Ben Yehuda and Mehane Yehuda markets - two of our favorite places to walk around. When we were tired from walking, we were able to hang out in the hotel and felt very comfortable! Oh, and the water pressure was awesome! The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple