“Great little cafe for breakfast, lunch or dinner al fresco”
Review of Cafe De Paris

Cafe De Paris
Ranked #91 of 738 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This a wonderful little place to dine outside in a nice neighborhood of Jerusalem.
The service staff is very friendly and the food - from salads to main courses to desserts is very tasty and fresh.
If you go after Shabbat - i.e., Saturday evening - have a bit of patience as it takes them an hour or so after the end of Shabbat to get up to speed in the kitchen.

1  Thank hamburgdude

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was an excellent French kosher dairy restaurant in a central location. The food was exquisite, the menu varied and interesting. We had the butternut squash soup, asparagus with poached egg and salsa, cannelloni, sashimi with figs and balsamic vinegar and grilled salmon and they were all outstanding! One of the best food experiences that I've had in Jerusalem in a long time. The only thing getting in the way of a full 5 star rating was the service. Although the waiters were accommodating, it took a long time to bring some of the food. One of the appetizers was served long after we had finished our main course. The soup was brought without a spoon. We also aren't fans of the unisex bathrooms. Nevertheless, I will be back. This has the potential to be one of the best dairy restaurant in Jerusalem. Looking forward to our return.

1  Thank Elie M
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stopped in because I happened to walk by when I was ready for lunch. And very pleased I did! Had a delicious sandwich with fresh, sparkling flavors, a good beer, good service in a lovely atmosphere.

1  Thank nos-im
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This restaurant has had several incarnations over the years, all of them, as I recall, dairy, restaurants as is this one. None of the others provided particularly memorable dining experiences, but I must say that this one stood out for me. It is the first time that I've eaten there since becoming Café De Paris. and it was, overall, a very good experience. We were in a bit of a hurry, and told our waitress, Nofar, who responded by telling us how long the wait would be for the dish that the most prep time, and brought out the delicious food in less time than she had indicated. My friend with whom I was dining at a smoked trout sandwich that he raved about, and my Haloumi (a kind of cheese that I especially enjoy when it is grilled) salad was outstanding. This is a very good place for a light, dairy meal, or even a heavy dairy meal. There is a small bar, which had a few patrons, and the overall vibe of the place is warm and welcoming. The prices were very unreasonable, the portions substantial, the food very good. Daniel, the manager, came to check on us several times with a warm smile. I get to Jerusalem fairly regularly, and fully expect to be back here again.

1  Thank QIK
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were the only tourists in this delightful restaurant. There is a very varied menu for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The service was super as was the quality of the food. We could find nothing wrong with Cafe' de Paris in Jerusalem.

1  Thank Arthur A