Agripas Boutique Hotel
US$553
US$498
Waldorf Astoria
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
US$151
Mount Zion Hotel(Jerusalem)
US$298
US$225
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmahane yehuda markethappy hourgreat locationold citybreakfast is servedwalking distancejaffa streetlight railjunior suiterooftop restaurantsmall hoteltop floornight staythe hotel is cleanheart of jerusalemcentral locationtel aviv
Reviewed 27 April 2014

After having stayed for 15 nights during the Passover and Easter holiday I can easily say that the staff of this hotel went WAY out of their way to accommodate myself and my Mom in every form possible.
After requesting a low floor so that my Mom would have easy access to her room Michal made sure that we would be on the first floor, the lowest floor though it is actually 4 small staircases up or 2 flights in an elevator, and that she would have a deluxe room at the best rate.
When we came to check in both Michal and Adi went out of their way to make sure that my Mom would have the best room for her purposes and they arranged that we should have the 09 series room which has a couch that opens and a nice airy view of the center of town.
Though I cannot say that this hotel would be considered a boutique hotel in other countries the furniture and appliances were brand new and the staff was always ready to keep the rooms spotless and everything in working order.
I know that I will be leaving names out because there was SO many staff members who were extremely helpful I must again thank Michal and Adi, and thank as well George, Max, Ameer, and Alladin. There were so many others as well but I can't remember their names though I do remember their smiling faces and their help.
I should say that there is a parking lot which is crucial for the downtown area but I believe currently there are approximately 10 spaces available for a 48 room hotel.
Also, for this trip, an excellent breakfast was served across the street at the Lev Yerushalayim so you basically get 2 hotels for the price of one. A dining facility should be available soon at the Agripas and currently there is a beautiful rooftop view where you can read your paper and have your coffee while seeing the stunning scenery of Jerusalem.
Let me be clear that the rooms at the Agripas are far better currently then those at the Lev while the dining experience at the Lev is excellent so you really are getting the best of both worlds.
After having read some of the other reviews prior to coming to the Agripas I was q little concerned by some of the complaints but after having been there for more than 2 weeks I can easily sat that MY experience was excellent and I had NO issues whatsoever with my stay.
Again I would like to thank the management and staff for their hospitality and as they say in Israel in Hebrew, LeHitraot, see you again sometime soon.
Leo Herczog

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Chose that hotel to spend my birthday night in Jerusalem as the reviews were very good but it was a big mistake. The overall experience managed to ruin our day an a big birthday for me. After being travelling for 10 hours being very tired, on arrival there was a problem with the reservation, i precisely asked for a Queen room when booking and the lady was extremely rude saying we just booked for one person, when at the time of booking it didn't ask if 1 or 2 people hence I requested a bigger room, she even asked me to show her exactly the steps I followed to book the room, absolutely embarrassing as she kept patronising me showing me on her screen how I should learn to do a booking! After I showed her step by step how I booked and proving the website I used doesn't ask for number of guests and another lady ( much nicer and polite) intervened, I finally got a room but not the room I had booked, a smaller one with double bed instead of queen bed as I had requested. that was just the beginning! The carpet in the whole building is completely damaged, seems it is 50 years old even when they apparently just opened. The stairs to access the roof terrace where there was a drinks reception were completely dirty. There was dirty laundry left in the middle of the corridors on our floor. We found dirt and random items under our bed when looking for our shoes. The hotel is clearly not managed by a professional staff with the exception to the concierge and the lady that did our check out and intervened when checking in who were very nice trying to save my bad experience. We were planning on staying for a couple of nights but after the first day experience we just had to get out of there!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Alert18
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel is beautiful ,the design is very special and comfortable.
location is fantastic! Close to the old city and Mahne yehuda market many restaurants around! The staff are very kind and helpful. I celebrated my birthday and I got wine and chocolate that was grate!!! Loved it and definitely will be back!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at the Agripas for 10 days end of March. The best part thing about the hotel is the location which is walking distance of the shuk, Jaffo St, Old City and City Center and a super easy walk to the train. There is coffee in the lounge and free wifi. The bilingual desk staff was wonderful especially Adi who is a gem and was extremely warm and helpful. We don't like to travel with tour guides and groups so she helped us with excellent directions and recommendations. The room was cleaned promptly daily. Beds were a surprise to me as they were 2 twins side by side the size of a king - would prefer one large mattress to this but this has to do with local customs. Parking is limited so probably best not to bring a car. We did but we couldn't get a spot for a couple of days and managed to pick up a couple of parking tickets in the process. Good news is that you pay your parking tickets at the post office which is only a block away. Israeli breakfast was ok - better food to be had in the shuk tho. It's a very decent hotel in the heart of Jerusalem at a good price.

Room Tip: Pick the room with the normal bed. If you want a large room you need to upgrade
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Rachel I
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed only one night here. It is in close proximity to Yahuda Market, walking distance to metropolitan downtown, the tram and the old city. The rooms are small, and as the breakfast is in another building we opted out and are in the market instead, much more exciting experience. The staff were pleasant, and to be fair helped us with all our questions and tried to find as much information as possible regarding the border crossing to Jordan. But expensive for what you get.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple