“Excellent find”

Agripas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #39 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
“Excellent find”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Agripas is a lovely boutique hotel in a very central location. Close to Mahane Jehuda market and King George St.

Rooms are beautifully decorated and furnished. It's perfect for a few nights in the city.

Service was most attentive and we were even allowed to leave our car there for a few hours beyond checkout, which was very helpful.

Nothing to fault!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Juliedangoor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Hebrew first
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Wonderful hotel, with excellent service. Our room was well-kept, and we enjoyed the "happy hour" provided by the hotel on the rooftop veranda each evening. Excellent breakfast! Including Israeli delights as well as standard breakfast foods. But the biggest round of applause goes to the wonderful, always smiling and helpful staff! Front desk assistants answered every one of our questions in detail, and helped find us reasonably priced excursions. Agripas made our stay in Jerusalem 10 times more enjoyable!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Wanderlustelephant
Agripas B, Front Office Manager at Agripas Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2015
Dear Wanderlustelephant ,
Thank you so much for the delightful review.
The team works hard to provide our guests memorable experiences so it is always encouraging to hear when we have excelled.
We'll be looking forward to welcome you back,
Until the next time,

Moji Abul Hawa
Front Desk Manager
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I really wanted to like this 'boutique' hotel, as I spent quite a bit of time researching Jerusalem hotels and usually end up finding a great value stay based on tripadvisor reviews. Not this time. First of all, not one taxi driver during our 4 day stay had any idea where this place was. We spent a half hour asking random locals who also had no idea where the hotel was. I guess it's a newish hotel, so just beware you need to know exact address and landmarks. We arrived two hours before check in time and had staff hold our bags while we went sightseeing. Came back at check-in time, no room was ready for us. Waited in the tiny lobby for 45 minutes while staff checked in other guests who were just arriving and finally got our room.

The room-clean and small. I knew it would be small, as other revieweres have commented on that. We were missing a bedside table, which made it cramped for space, but not a huge deal. Breakfast is served in a different hotel across the street from the hotel; Buffet style, decent quality. My only issue was the front desk staff who made a fuss about my friend and I not going to breakfast together- you have to get tickets from the front desk in order to get your breakfast next door, so the first morning I asked if I could get mine now and my friend would come down later for breakfast. Staff did not know how to handle this request; I explained that I could just take my ticket now and my friend would get hers later. Very odd.

Location-great location, close to Ben Yahuda Street and the awesome food market. No problems hailing a taxi outside the door, and walking distance to the tram.

Staff-where this hotel fails. Really need to work on training staff properly. Receptionist seemed lost and confused most of the time and didn't seem to know much about Jerusalem. I asked about places to eat, nightlife and transportation options to Jordan and she did not have any clue except for one singular restaurant that was suggested over and over again. Upon check-out, I asked for our bags which were being stored in the baggage room beside reception. The receptionist opened the door for me, then walked back to the desk to chat with a fellow employee and watched while I lugged out our four pieces of luggage on my own. Overall, the only thing this place really has going for it is location. There is better for the same price in Jerusalem.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank michefoley
Agripas B, Front Office Manager at Agripas Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear michefoley,

Thank you so much for letting us know of your experiences, it is only by guests feedback that we are able to monitor our offerings. The team work endlessly to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay for all our guests, so we are sorry if you felt let down at any time. It is a little too late to rectify for you this time, we have taken on board all comments made to ensure of no further experiences of this nature, thank you for highlighting your feelings to us.

I'm Happy to inform you that the quality and service has improved a lot since then, our dinning room will be ready in 2 months and we keep working on improving so we can get to our guest expectations.

We'll be looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back for a more enjoyable experience, please be in touch so that I may monitor your reservation personally.

With best regards,
Front Desk Manager
Moji Abul Hawa
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed a few days in this nice hotel. Good points are the location, the friendly and helpful receptionists, a daily happy hour session with free drinks, parking possibility.
The terrace was unfortunately under renovatioń, so that breakfast had to be taken at a nearby hotel. Rooms are good, but small, WiFi is free and fast.
Opposite the hotel, some glass containers are located, and they can be noisy for some time, but all in all, this was a good experience and I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Labienus
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I was on vacation alone and chose to go The Agripas Boutique Hotel. I made a good choice. All the staff were friendly and genuinely wanted to make you feel as welcome as possible. The Receptionists were brilliant and professional and sorted out any problems I had.The cleaning staff were excellent too. I came back to my room, which I had left in chaos to find it had been thoroughly cleaned on more than one occasion. The hotel's location to Old a Jerusalem and other tourist attractions was good, especially if you don't want to trust taxis or the tram. I had such a lovely time, mixing with the staff in the "Happy Hour" on the roof and being able to see far over the rooftops of this ancient city. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel or it's staff to family and friends, knowing they would have a wonderful time and be well looked after.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Eleanor W
Karmiel, Israel
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice looking room. Good Place of the city.
The courtens were small and didn't cover the window completely.
In the bathroom a lot of water came out of the shower and there was no wiper.
There is no breadfakst in the hotel. You have to go to another hotel in order to eat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank David G
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

and excellent customer service in the reception.
great location, clean room, the best hotel in jerusalem center.
Good base for exploring Jerusalem. The city centre is just 10 minutes walking. Clean and modern rooms with good beds. Prices were reasonable and the hotel offers limited parking which is rare in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family