“After a poor start....a storming finish”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mori restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mori restaurant
Ranked #532 of 701 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Fusion
Beit She'an, Israel
“After a poor start....a storming finish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

A couple of days ago, my wife took me out for a meal at Mori restaurant in Jerusalem. We got there at 2030 on a Thursday night and I would say that it was only about a quarter full…not a good sign.
We had booked a table, but the only tables that they had were outside (and it was pretty chilly). They said that all the empty tables inside were booked. We found the most sheltered table outside, but after about five minutes, a waiter came out and said that if we were finished by 2200, we could have a table inside!
We moved inside and got the menus. I was a littled annoyed than there were no English menus. I can get by with a menu only in Hebrew, but I always prefer an English one. For a restaurant in the middle of Jerusalem, you would think that this would be standard.
The service was excellent. Our waitress was at our beck-and-call . She brought drinks quickly. There was quite a lot to choose from on the menu, and for starters I ordered the Beef Carpaccio and my wife the Confit Salmon. Both arrived quickly, were well presented and were really tasty.
We chose 2 main courses of Steak, which came with 2 sauces and roasted “big chip” potatoes coated in bbq spices, and a cooked dish made from veal testicle and brain in a tomato and spicy herb sauce. The steak was excellent but the other dish was only OK (nothing special at all). Portions were medium sized.
There was a choice of 4 or 5 desserts and after discussing with the waitress, we decided upon the chocolate/vanilla mousse. It came, speedily, with 2 spoons, in a massive chilled jar. It was made up of a 2 tone whip with the chocolate stiff and the vanilla creamy. It was delicious, and almost too much for the pair of us. This was a single dessert and although it cost 32NIS, was excellent value for money.
We finished by 2200, paid and left. We left a good sized tip for the waitress , after the brilliant job that had been carried out.
To summarize: Tasty food. Pleasant atmosphere. Not cheap….but excellent service. A couple of things that they can improve upon, but on the whole a good evening.

• Visited July 2013