“I love neapolitan pizza and PIPS”

PIPS - Neapolitan Pizza
Ranked #187 of 729 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Diner, Italian, Bar
Jerusalem, Israel
“I love neapolitan pizza and PIPS”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have been eating out in Jerusalem for two years, and I found Pips a couple of weeks ago. It is the best food I have had in Jerusalem. I love the pizza, the owners and the atmosphere. The place is a little hard to find, but it is close to Jaffa and Ben Yehuda Streets. If you like Neapolitan pizza, it is worth the effort to find Pips.

• Visited August 2014

• Hebrew first
Jerusalem, Israel
“They have the dough just right”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I know New York Pizza. I know Italian Pizza, and I know how things should taste - I can confidently say that they have got this one down. It's the best pizza dough I have ever had in Israel (I pray that they remain consistent in their preparation of the dough)

With that said, the sauce was not something I am used to (maybe they do the traditional Italian Neopolitan sauce). I am used to a more dark red sauce on the pizza, and this seemed like a crushed uncooked tomato sauce (not reduced) which is, as I think more about it, the more "authentic" way. Nevertheless, this was great as well! Very high quality buffalo mozzarella cheese and a nice choice of salads which we did not try this time.

The patio area in the back has a lot of potential. I would love to sit out there with a group of friends to enjoy pizzas and salad.

• Visited July 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
“Best pizza in Jerusalem - by far”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have lived in Jerusalem for two years and sorely miss the Neapolitan pizza that is getting so popular in D.C. I tried just about every pizza place in Jerusalem and was really disappointed with them. I finally found Pips a couple of weeks ago and love it. The place is a little hard to find, but it is close to Jaffa and Ben Yehuda Streets. If you like Neapolitan pizza, it is worth the effort to find Pips.

• Visited July 2014
Rome, Italy
“Pretty authentic naples style pizza”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This little place comes very close to true naples style pizza. The ingredients a good quality and they seem to care a lot about getting it right. The ambiance is so so, the place isnt particularly clean even though its new and the chairs and tables are not comfortable. There is no pork and its closed on shabbat. But if you need a pizza fix this is good one of the top in israel next to the azzara pizza in east jerusalem, which isnt naples style but is real wood fired and quality too. Nice to see some better quality places coming to jerusalem.

• Visited May 2014
Rohnert Park, California
“Delicious pizza and pasta”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great food and service. Pizza reminded me of pizza I had in Naples - delicious. Ate there 3 times in 2 weeks. Pasta and tiramisu also great.

• Visited June 2014