“We were treated like honored guests!”

National Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #34 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Camarillo, California
“We were treated like honored guests!”
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We booked the National Hotel on our own without recommendations and were pleasantly surprised the minute we walked in the door. We were greeted by Nirvana, who could not have been more welcoming and helpful. Sammy helped with our bags and brought us complimentary fresh fruit. Our room was clean, spacious, light, and quiet. The included breakfast in the restaurant with a view was very nice. We can also recommend the hotels' restaurant for dinner. The short walk to Damascus gate through the Arab quarter is safe and interesting. We had just finished a 10 nt. cruise and felt just as pampered at this hotel. We would definitely book the National Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TRAVELNUTj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Pros
The hotel restaurant was good food and a decent price. We paid around $35 dollars for both of us.
The General Manager was a really good guy and tried his best to take care of us
The location was within walking distance from the Damascus Gate
The staff tried really hard to assist us in every way
The rooms were nice and clean.

Cons
I wouldn't take my wife here again. They say it is a 4 star hotel but I would put it at more like a 2 or 3.
First off we paid $185 a night for two nights. For this hotel I think this is too much.
We like quieter areas. The area of this hotel is quite loud and busy.
Walking from Damascus gate to the hotel is not 5 min it is at least 10-15 (picky but it's the truth)
The staff was very nice but seemed to be unprofessional. It was like the hotel manager recruited his nieces and nephews to come and help out. Some couldn't speak English very well which was frustrating. Most of them were just dressed in normal street clothes which was kind of annoying and not very professional.
The internet is wireless here and did not work in my room I had to go to the lobby to get it to work.
I don't like when the wireless internet is not secured as it was at this hotel. I had the "IT Guy" come see why my internet was not working and he said it is you just have to connect to something called default which was not secured. I thought that was a little shaddy.
My wife likes to take a bath sometimes at night and she couldn't because as the hotel told us they didn't have drain plugs because guests had misused them. I told them we wouldn't misuse them so could we just have one and we were told they got rid of all of them. Again, I thought that was kind of shaddy.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dubbs2k2
Paris
Reviewed 17 October 2010

The hotel is less than ten minutes walk from the old city. It is in East Jerusalem which is much more picturesque than the western part. Unfortunately the rooms are barely adequate. The lighting is so bad that the only place you read is in bed. There is an expensive restaurant on the roof but the main hotel dining room is in the basement and is dark and dreary. There were no towels in my bathroom when i arrived and since there were no instructions on how to use the telephone, i had to go down to the reception to asl for them and it was almost 30 minutes before there were brought to my room. i have the impression that the hotel was designed and is run by people with little hotel experience.

• Stayed October 2010