“Great Hotel. . Great Central Location !!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of National Hotel Jerusalem

National Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #32 of 97 Hotels in Jerusalem
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel. . Great Central Location !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hotel desk manageress made us feel very welcome and provided us always on great advice and tips for around Jerusalem. Hotel was spotless and friendly atmosphere. Great location for visiting the Old City. . about 300 m to Herod's Gate. Food at the market around the Hotel is fantastic. Will definitely be back and stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank WmM817

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yerevan, Armenia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I was in Jerusalem with my wife from July 30 to August 5. In my opinion the hotel is not a 4 but 3 star. But still for its price it’s a very good solution. The rooms are quite clean and well equipped. The breakfast is quite good. The hotel is situated not far from the Old City (only 5 minutes of walk to the nearest gate to the Old City and 10-13 minutes to the Church of Holy Sepulcher). Though it is in Muslim quarter, which is of course more noisy and dirty than the others but still it is very safe to stay in this quarter. At least for a couples it is very safe. I don’t know how it is for a single woman. The hotel staff is just excellent, especially Nirvana. She is very helpful and really loves her job. In overall I would give 8 points from 10 for the hotel and would not mind to stay there next time we would be in Jerusalem. We were in Jerusalem during the last war between Israeli army and Hamas but there was nothing reminding us about the war, except of course the fact that there were very few tourists and it was easy to go everywhere and to bargain when buying something (the sellers were always saying that if there wasn’t this war they would sell the item twice more expensive). I was second time in Jerusalem and know not from the reviews how many tourists should be in the city if there was no war. So, it is very safe to go there now and I recommend not to delay the visit because of the war.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen Y
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is an excellent hotel with everything and in a great location. The rooms are beautiful and the service in every part of the hotel was amazing - nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely be back.We were treated like V.I.P Amazing Amazing Amazing

Room Tip: first floor rooms have a big balcony.
      Location
6 Thank sabs786
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at National Hotel Jerusalem...it was very good value for the price.

Everyone working the reception desk throughout our 3 night stay were cheerful, polite, and very helpful. When we ate at the hotel restaurant, we were given complimentary dessert, and the hotel owner came and inquired about our stay and whether he could do anything to make us feel more comfortable.

The room was large, clean, and comfortable, and a plate of fresh fruit was waiting for us when we first entered. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate, with an omelette/egg bar, a selection of breads, cold cuts, and cheeses, fruit, yogurt, cereal, as well as more traditional breakfast foods for the area (tahini, veggies, tuna, labneh).

The location was great.... under 5 mins to a gate of the old city, and a 20 minute walk to Mamila mall, Jaffa gate/ Jaffa street. This hotel is in East Jerusalem, which is the arab part of the city, but despite being there during the latest conflict (July 17-20, 2014) we had no issues with rioting, etc. My friend and I, as two young females, felt perfectly safe walking around, even after dark.

Location
5 Thank heatmcle
Verona, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was at this hotel last week a little difficult due to the situation. The hotel location even though it was in the center of the city was not easy. The service by the staff was not always nice and at some times even rude, we had come across very bad service by Afnan. I found it a little difficult toconect to wi fi at times. The facilities are and not clean to say the least and when called for house keeping they came after the third call. (50 minutes).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Tom T
Vincennes, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was supposed to go to Israël for the 1st time this summer. Considering the current events, we decided to cancel our trip. We booked several hotels in different cities, all with a non refundable offer. When we contacted them, they all decided to refund us regarding the war conditions in their country except one: the National Hotel of Jerusalem. I did not have the chance to try their hotel for real but I am very disappointed by their business mentality. I definitely want to go to Israël as soon as the political climate would be more favorable for tourism but I also definitely won't go to this hotel.

4 Thank Astrid M
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have been in this hotel for three day on 05-06-07 july 2014.
Thanks to the staff for their give care to my needs, also because I was alone.
Very nice and large rooms for the price paid.
Great location, so close to old town.
Wide and Delicious Breakfast.
I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I have not any particular advice to give.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo