“Best value in Jerusalem”

Allenby Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 60 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Allenby2 is very conveniently located next to the bus station and light rail. You can get anywhere in the country by hopping on a bus or train. Eating breakfast is like an international social club. Guests from all over the world share stories, talk about their experiences and speak in several languages (Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, Dutch, German and of course English.) The staff goes out of their way to please each guest with helpful hints about being in Israel; everything from what to see and where to go, to where to get the best falafel or where to find a laundromat. You can probably find a more exclusive hotel and spend a LOT more on a room, or you can stay at the Allenby2, and spend your money enjoying all that Israel has to offer. The dairy breakfast consists of all you can eat fruit, eggs, cottage cheese, cereal, milk, toast, juice, coffee and excellent service from the staff. For the budget-minded, you can bring in your own lunch and dinner foods and keep them in the refrigerator. The kitchen is available for guests. All in all, the Allenby2 is the most convenient, friendliest and best hospitality value in Jerusalem.

Room Tip: If you would prefer not to share a bath, ask for a room with a private bath.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Charlie K

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was a great place to stay in Jerusalem - lovely friendly owners, central location. I stayed in one of the self contained studios which was well equipped and very comfortable but breakfast was included in the B & B so I was able to meet and talk to a great range of interesting people. As a solo traveller and first time visitor to Jerusalem, Allenby was safe, welcoming and close to everything I wanted to visit (Old City, markets) and two minutes from the tram stop (15 minutes to Yad Vashem). I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Romema 1 is a second-floor, self contained studio two minutes' walk from the B & B well equi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Saramc2014
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed in a Garden Room for 36 nights and loved it! I had as much privacy as I wanted - with my own bed and bath ... removed from the main building ... and yet had company at breakfast, when I wanted to.

This owners and staff here are wonderful! Really accommodating and helpful.

And I found the location excellent! I was just a few minutes from the LightRail, which gets you pretty much anywhere in Jerusalem. I didn't need to use a cab my whole stay, which saved me a lot of money!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Firebride
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A guest house recommended by a friend who lives in Israel is always a good start. I walked up the hill from the Jerusalem bus station to Allenby 2 with my suitcase and rucksack in 7 minutes. The guest house stands tall at the top of Allenby Square in its white facade with green trim, tucked behind a garden with tables and chairs outside. The chairs were already occupied by visitors from Australia and Holland when I arrived, and once inside I was greeted by even more international visitors from Russia, Sweden, LA and Switzerland. I stayed in the garden room at number ten around the side. It contained a large double bed, a single bed, air conditioning, TV, phone, toilet and shower, a wardrobe, a table and chair and a very long and useful shelf where I stored all my fresh roasted nuts and souvenirs. Although the room received plenty of light from the front and rear windows, there were also more than enough side lamps and reading lamps once sun set. At breakfast (From 8.00 to 9.30) I feasted on fresh boiled eggs, toast, yoghurt, fresh fruit salad, houmous and cereal, all washed down with fresh filtered coffee and juice. Breakfast is buffet style and it is here that you have a chance to meet the other guests. Visitors from all over the world in fact! It is also here that you get the chance to meet management, ask questions and gain advice. Nitzan, who seemed to be there most days was warm and friendly and very helpful. In short this guest house felt like a home from home. Rustic in style, not overly modern, but cosy and friendly. As a lone traveler it is comforting to know that there are friendly and helpful people around if and when needed. At Allenby I was certain that there was always some one I could call upon if needed. As for a great location I couldn't think of any where better. Allenby 2 stands just up the hill from the Jerusalem bus station, Jaffa Street were a tram can be taken through the city to the old City walls, and just a walk away from an amazing market, banks, cafes, supermarkets and over 2000 years of incredible history. Any further trips to Jerusalem will almost certainly include a stay at Allenby 2.

Room Tip: I stayed in a garden room which is at the side of the main building. A quiet room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Grahamal
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last week for 3 days. First great point is the location (next to the bus station and the light rail and an easy walk to the fantastic market off jaffa street). Then comes the wonderfully friendly welcome and atmosphere, extending through to breakfast which can be shared with many different people from many different countries. Also, for jerusalem the price is very reasonable. A little constructive criticism though - i did not find the room very clean and it really could do with a refreshment. The walls are paper thin too so we could hear, though not understand, every word of an argument in the next room.
I have no hesitation though in recommending allenby to any traveller or tourist - a great experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was one of a party of 13 visiting Jerusalem on a budget. We were a mixed group aged from 16 to 60 so a tall order to satisfy! The manager took the trouble to drive outside the city to our first hotel to guide us into the hotel, which was a great help as our Satnavs were not the most reliable of devices! We found the rooms large and comfortable with ensuite bathrooms and although somewhat tired in décor, was adequate considering the cost. We had arranged for inclusive breakfast, which was more than adequate especially the coffee, was served in the central hall and was great place to meet fellow guests, during our short stay we struck up excellent relationships with both staff fellow travellers and the experience greatly enhanced our visit to Jerusalem. The quirkiness comes from the strange collection of objects scattered around building as décor and the lovely staff who bring their own flavour to the place. The location is good for the bus station and the light rail so getting into the old city is easy. We had two minibuses and parking is plentiful BUT is metered, there is some free on road parking a short walk away which is not easy to get, but we managed by moving our cars down in the evening when space became available, I did notice there was a multistory car park fairly close by but didn't need to use it. We made use of the self catering facilities which were limited but we did manage to cook a Passover meal for 18! The kitchen could use a refurb. All in all we had a great stay and I have rated the place at 4 star because of that, and that it represents excellent value for money, however please bear in mind that this is hostel type accommodation so if you want plush go to one of the multitude of branded expensive hotels and miss out this somewhat unique place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jan e
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Exellent localization, nice and helpful staff, clean rooms, tasty breakfast, friendly atmosphere! This was my first stay at Allenby 2, but probably I will visit them again. I truly recommend this place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo