“Excellent in all aspects”
Review of Grand Court Hotel

Grand Court Hotel
Ranked #40 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Me and my sister stayed at the Grand Court 2 nights this week.
We participated at the Jerusalem Maraton so we desided to use this reason to stay in Jerusalem and to make ourselves some vacation.
The hotel was great, we pampered ourselve with the deluxe suite which was phenomenal. circil shape with 4 large glass windows, it was a beautiful suite, very cozy and warm. The hotel was big and clean, very nice reception staffs. Dinner was was served in a large buffet, food was very good, mainly the salads.
We had a wonderful stay at this hotel,highly recomended.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 March 2011

The hotel is a huge building in East Jerusalem, 10 mins walk from Damascus gate in the old city.
The hotel is perfect for groups, do not expect good service. Breakfast room is huge, noisy and crowded, quality of food is medium. No croissant for breakfast!
Service is totally impersonal. There is a good swimming pool on the 6th floor.
Checkin very slow and if you arrive when a group is checking in it is better if you be patient and wait hours before getting the room.
Room are big but standard, average cleanliness (the windows were dirty).

No free wifi and only a few PCs in the lobby.

It was generally ok but do not expect surprises. Perfect for groups in guided tours

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2011

The service was terrible,there are no kindness, no smile,few workers at the reception desk,. there are no POLITENESS !!! maybe they don't know the meaning of LOVE. They are interested only in our money. THEY DON'T CHANGE THE SHEET!!!! NO SOAP, OR SHAMPOO.
NEVER HAVE I SEEN SUCH A TERRIBLE PLACE TO STAY. I REALLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL EVEN TO MY ENEMIIES..

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank PORCADA
Reviewed 9 March 2011

This is a very large hotel whose architecture is reminiscent of a factory. The service offered is also impersonal and mass produced. The staff are morose, disinterested and ill mannered, with some exceptions, usually the younger the more friendly they are. The public reception areas are spacious, clean and bright. The hotel caters for large tour groups (I was a member of such a group) and so at arrival and departure times can be chaotic. The restaurant is enormous and very busy and noisy. The staff are harassed and tend to be disorganised, largely because the manager is over excitable and pushes them around. This means tables go uncleared, requests for water, tea, coffee are forgotten or slow to be completed. The food is unremarkable and unvaried. There is plenty of it and it is perfectly adequate, again in a massed produced style. Please note the remarks about the Sabbath so you are not surprised or disappointed at the more limited selection and by the slow cooking methods that mean food is overcooked and mushy. I found the bread among the better aspects and disliked most of the desserts which were often covered in artificial "cream". However, fresh and dried fruit was abundant which suited me. Wine and beer were available to purchase from a separate table and were not too expensive (about £3 for a bottle of Heiniken). The size of the restaurant meant that all meals were self service and there was no way you were allowed to dine in a relaxed and civilised manner. Tea/cofee was not served at the end of the meal but this could be purchased in the lounge/bar. I would agree that the shop could be avoided as every thing it sells can be bought more cheaply elsewhere.

The room was clean, spacious and fully furnished. The bed was comfortable but never once were the sheets tucked in! We were there four nights and did not have a change of sheets (but I wouldn't at home!) The toileries were limited and only one hand towel was available for two of us. There was a kettle but supplies have to be bought at the bar (15NIS) which seems cheeseparing. There was plentiful hot water at all hours. We looked over a busy and noisy main road and were woken at about 4am by the biblical sound of a cock crowing.

This hotel is convenient for most of the "sights"; within 15 minutes walk you are at the old city; there is a free shuttle bus and taxis are reasonable. There is not much tourist information/leaflets in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 27 February 2011

This is defiantly a new hotel, it is beautifully built. incredible architecture.
I loved the fact that public area are specious and day lighted.
The service during meals was outstanding.
The hotel is situated in what's called the new hotel area- near the "Mendelboum Gate" about 10-15 minutes walk.
Overall I'd say its probably the best 4 stars hotel I've been to in Israel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2011

I found Grand Court Hotel on TripAdvisor and chose it for the location (near the old city) and the price.
Me and my husband had a wonderfully 3 days stay.
Both the public and guest rooms were clean and comfortable.
The price was-reasonable- generally I think the hotel offer good value for money.
The friendly and personable service made our stay at the Grand Court a warm experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank poosess
Reviewed 11 February 2011

My husband and I just came back from a great tour with a small tour group. We stayed 3 nights at this wonderful hotel. I thought it was one of the better hotels on our tour. The food buffets were wonderful breakfast and dinner! The rooms were clean, showers/bathrooms were clean, beds were comfortable (I have memory foam mattress at home so I always find it hard to rate sleep comfort). There is a nice expresso/bar in the lobby which we enjoyed every night. It was Jan so the outdoor pool was not open. My husband stayed for an additional night separate from the tour otherwise we would have had no idea how much it cost, $140 a night, not too bad for the location close to Old Jerusalem. Convenient for getting around with our tour. Another review complained about the lack of toiletries, and tea and coffee for a charge. These is true which from the video does seem a bit deceptive. I didn't look it up before going since it was included with my tour and while I was there I did not feel dissappointed with anything at all and didn't think of it as "cutting corners". However, I can see where that could be interpreted in that way. My husband and I loved this hotel, regardless. We did experience some trouble with the internet that we purchased the we found out that they turn it off on Sabbath a fact that the staff neglected to tell us. However, when I spoke with them regarding it the next morning telling them we were unable to use it for more than a few minutes the lady at the desk immediately explained and gave me a new password and another 24 hours without charge. The first night the hotel was nice and quiet but on Sabbath, Friday (5:30pm) to Sat (600pm) the hotel gets very crowded. Although, the excitement and noise is confined to the lobby area and the chaotic scene for dinner buffet. It didn't affect sleep quality, and it was pretty quiet near your rooms. There is designated Sabbath elevators which stop on every floor automatically. But for us since we were there to experience the culture of the Jewish people it added to the charm. Also on Saturday morning, the buffet offering is all cold foods, nothing warm, in observance of Sabbath. Some in our tour were a bit disappointed by that looking for the wonderful oatmeal they had had on the previous day. I loved their food and so did my husband, everything was fresh, tasty, and the presentation was sensational. Each evening they had a dessert buffet with much for the chocolate lover! Dieter's beware! The staff wasn't falling over themselves helpful but they weren't rude either and if you asked for anything they seemed willing to assist. One night they had a international dance show in the room across from the dinning room. There was hardly anybody there watching it but the dancers were amazing doing dances from many different cultures. I have to say I really enjoyed it. All and all a great hotel and wonderful memories for my husband and I.

• Stayed: January 2011