“Poor service, poor value”
Review of Grand Court Hotel

Grand Court Hotel
Ranked #38 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Poor service, poor value”
Reviewed 20 May 2011

The location is fairly close to the old city, but there are no restaurants or tourist attractions close by. If you don't eat in the hotel, you don't eat. Room service is extremely expensive, think $14 for a tuna fish sandwich, with a $3 room delivery charge. The Dinner buffet is $60 for each person. There are no leaflets in the hotel lobby about tours and the check in staff is very unhelpful when you ask them anything. We asked if they could they get us a taxi and were told to go outside and wait. When we were waiting for a tour bus, they told us that they had no idea if it had already left as they don't get involved. When we checked in we were given the room key and told the elevator is over there. No bellhop service. The soap in the room comesl from a pump in the wall that barely worked. We asked for bar soap to be told that they don't use bars, only liquid. The shower had a door that covered only half of what it should, so water went all over the floor and was dangerous to walk on when you are also wet from the shower. The TV in the room was not hooked up to cable. Someone came the next day after we had already figured it out for ourselves. There is no refrigerator in the room with drinks or snacks, if you want somehting you have to ask for room service, which has a delivery fee.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mbayarsky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rhodes, Greece
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Me and my family are traveling to Jerusalem few times a year on mostly on the holidays.

I am almost positive we have tried every 4-5 stars hotel by now. The first time we stayed at the Grand Court was Passover last year. WE have come to realize that if you consider the hotel's quality, location and price it is probably the best worthy hotel in Jerusalem.

The hotel is relatively new and the it shows that the management takes great efforts to maintain it this way .Rooms are fantastic, not the most fancy ones but with character, fully equipped and thoroughly clean.

The kids loves the food, which s very important for us. The

hotel has excellent cosine and always some dishes for kids.

Very enjoyable and highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank monuka11
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Modern hotel, Decorated in a contemporary style and clean.

Excellent staff who is tries hard to satisfy the guests..Soothing atmosphere at hotel's lobby

Large and fresh breakfast buffet.

It was a perfect stay

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Excellent service at every level! Veryhigh food quality and sumptuous breakfast.

The hotel's facilities are excellent and the staff are always helpful and friendly.

Brilliant location- just a short walk from the old city.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 April 2011

This is like an American hotel, BUT they must honor Jewish religious customs. Before staying here, check to see if their usual good service will be interrupted because of Jewish holy days.
On my last day there I had two surprises. Despite my having arranged for a late check out, when I returned to the hotel after our group's last morning of touring, I found that the food I had left in the room for lunch, as well as my shoes and ancient pottery pieces had been disposed of even though I had left a "Do not disturb." sign on the door. Thankfully, I had placed my suitcase on the bus right after breakfast!
Some fruit was given to me, which I ate in the lobby on a table that should have been replaced long before. It looked weather-beaten and was not representative of the good condition of the rest of the hotel that I had seen.
I went for a walk around the neighborhood, returning to the hotel with a great $2 falafel sandwich, which I had to eat outside where no tables or chairs are provided, because while I was out signs had been installed to ask guests not to bring any food into the hotel which was preparing for Passover well in advance.
The manager on duty coud not retrieve my lost items, but he gave me a room without charge until 8 P.M., which I much appreciated. The gentleman's first name is Guy. He has the right personality for this job, unlike others I had dealings with there. The other manager didn't seem concerned that my husband, who remained in the U.S., was told erroneously that I had never checked into the hotel, even though my husband insisted that I had to be there.
While I did not avail myself of the $34 dinner, my breakfast was included. It was DELIGHTFUL and provided a wide variety of what I supposed to be an Israeli breakfast as well as standard fare excepting pork products. This hotel caters to large groups; so, the dining room can be VERY hectic. They start serving at 6, which would be the best time to go to breakfast.
I had booked "kitchenette", which apparently means small fridge and an electric kettle, but NO microwave.

• Stayed April 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2011

travelled during passover and so breakfast option very limited, lots of tour groups and very busy, the room was pretty small but the bathroom was nice clean and modern, the staff varied from indifferent to friendly, the location was ok, walking distance to old city and not far from some good restaurants like shalizar

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Sheets on beds stained, and only changed on last night. Windowslooked as if they hadn't been cleaned outside for a year. The dining experience was noisy and cafeteria style, with very similar food each mealtime - little apparent local specialities especially supper desert - it was all a bit pre-manufactured. The final straw was our last evening when ther was no bar available, and only plastic plates and cutlery were available (to match the plastic food). Reason - a week early this "international" hotel was cleaning the kitchens for Passover. We went out to eat at the Jerusalem Hotel restaurnant and had the best meal of the whole trip.

Room Tip: Don't go in the fortnight before Passover!