“Terrible service”

Ranked #37 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Brooklyn, New York
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I traveld with my husband and another couple. We chose this hotel since it was near the old city and the reviews were not so bad but I have to say our stay was miserable. The staff barely smiled and did not make you feel welcomed at all.
When we asked to have dinner and lunch on Friday and Saturday they said there was no room, when we came down in the evening there was a ton of food left over all they needed to do was offer us to eat else where since there was not sitting room. When we were in the dinning room my friend took a up of sprite soda since she was very thirsty and hot, one of the waiters from across the room came running and told us "you now need to pay 15 shekel!"
When we arrived back to the hotel after going out for the day there was no parking left at the hotel so they sent us down the road to a different parking lot we had to treck back after a long tiring dat from the parking lot. We called them in the morning for some water and we were told room service only begins at 10:00am.
When we ate one day lunch at the hotel we were charged 150 shekel per person for buffet but in order to get a drink you needed to pay more.
To top it all off the pool closes at 6:00pm
All in all I would not recommend this place at all! there are many hotels in the area its just not worth it.

2 Thank dollysh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The hotel looks very nice, and has a very regal appearance. The breakfast is also really good! However, those are the only good things I have to say about it this hotel.

When my family and I first arrived and checked in, the one front desk attendant barely looked as us as we attempted to communicate with him to check in. As Americans checking into a foreign hotel, my family felt unwelcome, and as though we were an inconvenience to the hotel staff.

When I arrived in my room, I found that my bed sheets had dried blood stains on them. I had to call the front desk twice to ask for two extra set of sheets and comforters, as my tripple didn't come with a third set or comforter as well. Apparently two times wasn't enough, so I had to go downstairs to personally request those same sheets and comforters. When the sheets and comforters were finally brought up (20 minutes later), I had to assemble the comforter/duvet myself, and make the bed. For a FIVE STAR HOTEL, I feel as though these provisions should have been made before I even entered my room for the first time.

Speaking of cleanliness, upon leaving my room in the morning, I noticed a room service tray sitting outside a guest's room door. When I arrived back to my hotel room at the end of the day, the room service tray was still sitting there - food and all. I guess the cleaning staff didn't have time during the nine 10 hour period which I was out of the hotel to clean it up. Good thing it wasn't my room!

The hotel has two wireless internet networks, both of which don't work well at all. Along with myself, I saw several hotel guests flock to the main floor just to get a shade of internet signal.

Don't even try to get ice, unless you're okay with breaking a sweat and making an adventure out of it. I asked the front desk attendent, in person, if he could send ice up to my room. He told me no, and told me to go to the hotel bar to ask them. So I did. The bartender told me he couldn't help me, and sent me to the dining hall. I went to the dining hall, and after waiting about 10 minutes, he came out with an (unsanitary) hotel shopping bag filled with ice. I was then able to bring that bag back up to my room.

Overall, I DON'T recommend staying here, unless you enjoy rude staff and crappy amenities.

Room Tip: The closer to the 4th floor, the better the internet signal.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sam L
Doylestown, PA
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed here 4 nights and it was wonderful. The hotel is huge with a very busy lobby, great people watching! The rooms were nice, the breakfast was very good and the hotel staff was helpful. A lot of very religious people stay here so be prepared, it's a nice look into the culture of ultra orthodox jews, we found it very interesting!

Montevideo
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was there for eastern week with my wife and 1 year and a half daughter, and they were making refurbishments on our floor level (just 2 doors away from our room).
I requested for a room change and the manager told us they will do it the next day.
The other day we came back with the same story and the manager told us it was not possible to change the room. So we requested for extra services and he also denied it.
Every day at 7.00 am we wake up.
Most terrible holidays in our lives.
We'll never come back. Even for free!!!

Room Tip: Go to other hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Martinkir
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I came to the hotel on the first weekend of july with my boyfriend to celebrate his birthday. We are an Israeli couple who like to travel, and decided to spend the weekend in Jerusalem. I am very surprised to read all those good reviews, because our impression was different.
The price was good for full board, but looking back, I think I better had paid a bit more to get a better experience.
When we first arrived to the hotel, we were told at the reception that we got an upgrade for a sweet without extra pay, what made us happy, but unfortunately it wasn’t enough to cover the down sides of this hotel.
For first thing, this hotel was crowded more that a market on a busy day. Masses of people were everywhere and there was no place to move- in the lobby, dining room. To get a small piece of a dish you needed to squeeze yourself in through numerous people who were trying to make their way too. In some points I just gave up and went to get some other food.
The lobby was always busy- it seemed like this hotel is a place for big groups mainly. So many of them were coming and going nonstop and it made you feel like you are standing in busy airport.
Sleeping at night is not easy for people who are sensitive for news. Parents let their kids run and scream with no grown up around.
Secondly, the food was quite low. I am not used to four season hotel gourmet food, but this was really a joke.no coffee and tea spot on meals, no hot food like omelet on breakfast, no variety of cheese, and on top of that- cheap materials that were recycled everywhere and reminds of the food that is served in the army. No original meal was found- only basics. A big disappointment for us- a couple who at least 50% of his pleasure is the food.
The staff was nice, but there was a feeling they couldn’t give you 100% of service because they were busy of trying to handle so many people at the same time.
Location is also good- near the old city.
The room was quite nice, clean and spacious (although we got the sweet- have no idea how is the basic room).
Another minus- the electricity went down 2 times for about 5 minutes each, probably because the masses of people that were using it at the same time. Im not jealous of who was stuck in the elevator then.
Finally, I think this hotel is suitable for people who are looking for a good deal in low price. If you want something better than "ok", try another hotel.

3 Thank natalie241
Reviewed 1 July 2012

It is a huge hotel, the dining room is the biggest I have ever seen.
15 min walk to the old city through the fruit market..make sure you try all available fruit/vegetable, they taste great.
Coming from Tel Aviv Airport, take the Shuttle which goes to all major hotels, takes about 1 Hr and costs 60-65 shakles/person[$20], taxi costs 250 shakles.
Breakfasf ok, many items do not suit western BF expectations.
If you are a nonsmoker make sure you get a nonsmoker room. Smokers' rooms can have a strong smell.
Maged & Suzan Girgis Sydney Australia

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Trip5adviser
uk
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Would have a higher ranking but I'm not a great fan of buffet meals: at main meal times I prefer being waited on! Putting that to one side, though, this is a very good hotel. Large, airy rooms with all that you would expect from a 4* hotel. Slept like a log! Plenty of food on offer at meal times with a wide choice. All the staff really friendly and helpful. Very well located for walking into Old Jerusalem. Won't hesitate to go back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple