“Not what I expected”
Review of Grand Court Hotel

Grand Court Hotel
Ranked #41 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have stayed at two other hotels in Israel and this was suppose to be the best--but for me the others were much better.

The hotel offered free WiFi service. Well I could never get my phone to work anywhere in the hotel. Just as soon as I got outside on our tour bus with WiFi, I could connect, so I know it wasn't my phone. I had my lap top and sometimes I could get on and sometimes I couldn't. My roommate could get his phone to connect in the room, but not his laptop.

The seating the dinning room was terrible. They put too many chairs at a table and were as close as you are as seated on an airplane. At one meal we did get a round table and has a little elbow room.

I ate 4 breakfasts at this hotel and the scrambled eggs were never cooked done and NEVER was served any meat at breakfast. The other two hotels were Kosher and served meat at breakfast.

Anytime the shower was used, the door leaked and we had water all over the bathroom floor. Oh yes there was a liquid soap dispenser in the shower, but it never had any soap in it.

The room was nice, but that sure didn't compensate for the other problems I encountered

2  Thank wachtell

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Beautiful, clean hotel with very accommodating staff. We could walk to the Old City very easily from the hotel. Very nice, comfortable rooms and nice lounge for relaxation on the main floor.
This hotel also offers a free shuttle service which I didn't use but certainly thought it was a great idea. The only negative we experienced is that the wifi was spotty and many times not available.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We traveled to Jerusalem in November with a church group and stayed 4 nights at the grand court. It has a grand lobby which offered free water and juices and had a lobby bar with piano music in the evenings. Our room was nice, clean and comfortable. The room offered free tea and coffee. We were given breakfast and dinner included in our tour package. Both meals were buffet style and had a large selection of salads, cheeses, breads, desserts and a good main course of fish, meat or chicken. Quite extensive and I enjoyed each meal.

The Hotel is located about an easy 10 minute walk to the old walled city of Jerusalem and was near the public tram station, which provided easy access to many parts of Jerusalem. I did notice there were many large Tour groups staying at this hotel which made for a busy lobby area in the morning, but the large lobby handle the crowd quite well. I would recommend this hotel for 1st time travelers looking for a good discount hotel.

1  Thank beentoeurope
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel grounds were clean, staff friendly and helpful most times. Hotel food was good and plentiful, but wine choice was poor at best. Husband said beer was ok. Wifi was good in our room but others in hotel could only get connected in lobby. Close to Damascus Gate (15 mins walk) but busy, loud and dirty part of town. Men very aggressive and rude to the women in the groups, even if with our men. Glad we didn't know what they were saying but the idea was loud and clear. Stayed in groups. Jewish Quarter was very clean and beautiful. Market and shops much nicer than Arab Quarter. Agree with many recent reviews posted regarding group check in, beds, rooms, wine etc.

Room Tip: Get floor and room close to lobby for wifi. Elevator slow so take stairs if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank judecat1961
Reviewed 9 November 2013

When you book a TRIPLE room for THREE people, you would expect that there would be three of everything - apparently not. The front staff were rude, and I mean rude. They would look at us and literally walk away and leave us for another staff member to deal with. Coming from NZ, we're pretty happy go lucky people and we weren't expecting the Ritz or anything, but you don't even get a welcoming smile or 'shalom'....just a yesssss.....very disappointing indeed. We made 5 calls to reception and went down in person twice just to get extra cups, glasses and pillows. Our outlook on the fourth floor was of the staff outside smoking away, and the entry way to the delivery trucks - big whoop! The rooms were tidy and the food in the dining hall was great, but the service sucked. I would never recommend coming here, ever.

Room Tip: If you get grumpy then you get service!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Travelling in a group of three, booked in as a triple share to find room set up for 3 beds however only 2 cups, glasses, towels etc. 5 calls to reception, 2 visits to reception & 24hrs later we got the extras.
WiFi would log on but wouldnt work for the entire 4 day stay with most tech savy guests complaining but they wouldnt fix it.
Great food though and good location.

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Location is a 30 minute walk to Ben Yehuda shopping district. 15-20 mins walk to the Old city. There's a tram for 6 shekels near the hotel if you want. Not advisable to walk after dark. Room is nice and clean with wifi, connection is tolerable. Strong signal in the lobby. Food is great. I didn't expect lengua to be served but whatever kind it was, was soft and tasty. Saturday morning breakfast was no so good, no hot foods served as it is a sabbath day. But they should consider people from all over the world, not just Jewish people. Anyways, I got by that day eating cereals instead of my high protein diet. Only warm drink was the coffee. Comfortable bed, don't complain it's not your home! Cable tv has limited selection, BBC is good and one music channel was recorded playing the same music every hour. Overall, a good place to stay to eat and sleep. I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights as part of the tour.

• Stayed: November 2013