“Average Stay, Helpful Staff!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Court Hotel

Grand Court Hotel
Ranked #36 of 98 Hotels in Jerusalem
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Average Stay, Helpful Staff!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel although the room that I stayed in is in need of some repair. The hotel is not as central as advertised and is quite a walk to the Kotel!! I suggest a taxi, in fact I suggest a taxi to most locations from the hotel. Even the tram is a good walk to the nearest station/hop on point.
The staff however are most accommodating and go out of their way to assist.

Room Tip: The hotel is large so the choice is waide. I suggest look for height as some of the views are really...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Stan K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I'm actually staying now in this hotel no service what's so ever
And no manus to there Customers,
1 example I got myself a salad from a deli in the local place, I sat down in the lobby to eat my supper the guy from the restaurant in the lobby tels me sorry ser but u can't eat this here in this lobby do to we have in the other corner of the lobby a restaurant and no out side food alowed if u want go eat in your room and I actually ignored him so he got the whole hotel staff together with the front door guards to get me out of there,
This is after I was sitting in my corner other end of a huge lobby
So if u come for vacation and u want to be limited this is the place
Also the way up from the car garage to the hotel is always smel from a sewer explosion
I can write more but I have no time
Good luck on your stay in israel

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Im10977
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

A very good hotel, very good location close to train line and not far from the old city. Wonderful breakfast and Shabat buffet. The swimming pool was very relaxing at the end of the day. The room is comfortable, and the lobby is huge and modern. I'd stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Simahalpern
Waterloo, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The pool is outstanding. We had a hard time finding a restaurant and then found that a couple blocks away is a row of 4 or 5 outstanding Arab restaurants. I think it is located close to attractions and close to the rail system. I had mixed experiences with staff. Some were very friendly and helpful while others were much less so. I loved the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Luanne S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Spent five nights here in June. Good location and the pool was an absolute life saver as the weather was very hot.
Upon arrival we found the staff rude and unhelpful and this continued for our entire stay. We found Bahaa paticularly unfelpful on check out but he did appear very keen to book us a taxi to the airport for 360 NIS, which I later found out to be far too expensive.
The day we left all the furniture in the lobby area was being replaced. There seemed to be too much focus on hotel appearances and not enough focus on staff performance.
One exception to this is the staff in the breakfast area particularly the lady who makes the omlettes.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank theflores43
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Court Hotel from the 11th to 15th May with a tour, our hotel room and the hotel generally was good but the service in the lobby bar was the worst that we were to experience during our current travels and this poor service occurred every night. Waiting for 30 minutes on average for a drink to be served after an order was taken was poor. One barman/bar manager to pour drinks, make coffee, take money, arrange charges back to a room was totally unacceptable for a hotel of this standard, the two waitresses were frustrated and put up with a lot of comments from customers regarding the time taken to get their orders. After waiting 20 minutes to pay my account for two drinks I left the bar and went to reception to pay the account, the reception staff were not helpful and would not take my money or charge my room. I ended up paying the account the next morning to reception staff who were more professional

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Tassey69
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms were spacious and clean with good air conditioning. The only problem we had was that our remote didn't work and when I took it to the front desk for batteries, they insisted that I return to my room and they would send someone to fix it. But they never did. Otherwise the room was comfortable with a nice bathroom. Meals include so many choices and desserts were amazing. The dining room is packed and very noisy, but the service was great. Nice bar area for coffee or drinks after dinner. Pool looked great, but it happened to be too cool for swimming during our stay. The walk to the Lion's Gate only took 10 minutes, with many interesting places along the way. Heading in the opposite direction, it was somewhat sketchy looking, but there is a liquor store and convenience store where the clerks were very nice! Head down Nablus Road to eat dinner at the Jerusalem Hotel once, and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2014