“great hotel in Jerusalem”
Review of Hotel Prima Royale

Hotel Prima Royale
Ranked #21 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Texas
“great hotel in Jerusalem”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The Prima Royale was a great location for this tourist in Jerusalem. The rapid train was a 10 minute walk and the old city was a 15 minute walk from the hotel. The neighborhood was super safe so I as a solo traveler could walk around without worries. My room was small but otherwise fine. The breakfast buffet was excellent and included with my room. The staff was polite and helpful at all times. Jasmine(yasmine) was especially helpful. She not only gave me suggestions on ways to walk, she also got security to go up to my room when I called from the old city thinking I left my safe with my passport open.( I didn't, but I was worried enough I would have gone back.) One night I ate dinner at the hotel. It was pricey, but also a buffet and very good. Elad(another desk clerk) was also very helpful at night with the internet. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: It is on a quiet street so I think every room is good.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
EliranSinai, Manager at Hotel Prima Royale, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed and wonderful review.

We are glad that you enjoined your stay, our staff service, hotel's location, and our food and beverage service.
We are at Prima hotels are doing the best to make our guest have a unique experience in Israel and glad that you have felt this way.

Hope to see you again soon in Jerusalem!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I visited this hotel during a snow storm in January 2013, we were forced to stay at the hotel indefinetly until the conditions improved. Needless to say, it couldn't have happened in a better time.

The rooms are impecable. The staff was extremely polite and willing to help, even though most of us spoke only Spanish (It was a big group of about 50), and the buffet (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was the best I've had in Israel or otherwise. Simply the very best for an affordable'ish price.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BenTraveler
Thanks, for taking the time and effort to wright such a kind report about Prima Royale hotel.
One of the nicest things for a hotel to hear is that our guests enjoyed their stay and the hotel; It is always nice to hear such nice and warm full compliments about our hotel and service.

We hope you will be returning to stay with us in Prima Royale hotel soon, or in one of our other hotels in Israel.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights in July. I would have given it a 3.5 if it was possible.

Great location - within 10minutes walk from Old City. The uphill back is quite steep especially in the summer heat. We booked a standard room which was VERY SMALL. Website photos (as with most other hotels I guess) makes it look more spacious. Bathroom was also very very small with very little space to pack out toiletries etc. Room was clean and if you are travelling single or only staying for a night I guess it is OK but definitely not for a longer stay in my opinion. I immediately went down to complain about the ridiculous room size telling them website photos are deceiving and that I really cant see us staying in such a room for 5 nights. They made some calls and informed me they can give me an upgrade to the Junior suite for $70 for the 5 nights which I of course immediately accepted. We moved our bags to the MUCH more spacious Junior Suite and unpacked everything and went out for dinner. When we came back that night I was informed that they have made a mistake and that the room price is $70 PER night additional and not for the stay and whether I can accept that. I was very unhappy as that was not what I was told - I told them it is unacceptable to change the terms and that we have moved everything over, unpacked etc. The lady at front desk simply said 'We have send someone to help you pack and move'. No matter what I said they refused to budge - they eventually agreed to $55 dollar per night. I really don't have an issue with the rates - but to agree to one thing one moment and then after a few hours change your mind is unacceptable.

The Junior Suite was nice and spacious. The 'jacuzzi' mentioned on some booking sites is not a jacuzzi but an average spa bath. A free copy of the Jesuralem Post is supplied everyday which was nice. Room also has a small fridge which is nice to keep water cold for the next day.

Breakfast was nice. We preferred to eat on the patio outside which was lovely (although it could have been kept cleaner and tables cleared.

Note you can purchase discounted tickets for various sites in Jerusalem and get it billed to your room.

Overall service was friendly and efficient.. I think the major downside to the hotel is the room sizes. If that does not bother you it is a good choice.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for Junior Suite as the other rooms are all extremely small.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PE_Travelmeister
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed and wonderful review!

Your comments is very helpful as we are always trying to make our service better.
We are glad you enjoyed the amenities and your stay in Jerusalem. We hope that you will stay with us again!

Prima Hotels
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Dear Gonen,

I would like to thank you on behalf of our guests that enjoy very much staying in your hotel. Every single thing and touch speaks a lot about your care, very pleasant staff and hotel atmosphere have been noticed immediately by our guests. The services that your hotel provide are very good, including dining room, cleaning rooms and morning/evening entertainment and are very much appreciated.

Thank you so much!
Elena

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
EliranSinai, Manager at Hotel Prima Royale, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review about our hotel, we are very happy that your enjoyed your stay one of the nicest things for a hotel to hear is that guests enjoy their stay, our service, and hotel facilities and overall concept of the hotel.

We will be happy to welcome you again as one of our guests in the future!
portland, or
Reviewed 5 January 2014

THis is a real nice boutique hotel in a great area of Jerusalem. Only 10min walk to old City and Mamilla mall. Overall, very nice, the only issue is I wish the rooms were a bit larger. We had a 3rd person in the room with a roll away bed. It was pretty cramped in there. Luckily we were out the whole time and were so exhausted when we got back, we went right to sleep. Will detail pros and cons below, but overall I really liked it, only thing is I would think twice about fitting a third person in there, especially if you plan on spending a lot of time in the room. Otherwise, it does the job and most importantly for me, I slept well, could easily get to where I needed, had a great breakfast and had internet access to keep up on stuff

Pros:
1. very comfortable bed and sheets
2. Great Buffett breakfast and nice happy hour. Guy always playing piano
3. Excellent free Wifi in Lobby
4. Great location
5. They give you nice snacks every afternoon in your room, real nice touch

Cons:
1. Small room and definitely a bit worn
2. Small bathroom but functional

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jgold10529
Wow!
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed and wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoined your stay, the hotel location, the food and beverage and amanitas of Prima Royale hotel. We at Prima hotels are doing the best to make our guest fell at home away from hone and are glad that you have felt this way.
Hope to see you again soon in Jerusalem!
Jerusalem
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I am a Jerusalem resident and didn't stay at this nearby hotel. However, my 87-year old cousin and her daughter stayed there last week and received such shoddy treatment from the reception staff that they deserve to be fired. All along, they were not helpful, often didn't answer the phone and were rude. But the worst was the last day, when my cousins had a flight to Eilat via the Sde Dov airport in Tel Aviv. When they bought the ticket, they had no idea that this was not the same as the Ben Gurion, main airport. When they asked at reception, they were told there was no such airport, it had burned down a few years ago, and that they should just go to the Ben Gurion airport. Even when they produced their ticket on which was written "Sde Dov Airpot", the staff insisted it didn't exist and didn't bother to make a phone call to inquire. Luckily, we saw them the evening before their flight and were able to confirm that there is indeed such an airport (easily located on the internet), but it wasn't so easy to get there from Jerusalem. We figured out a route via the train to Tel Aviv and a taxi, and they - being very competent and energetic travelers - got there in time. If they had depended on the hotel staff, they would have missed the flight, the pre-paid 3 day trip to Petra and would have had nowhere to stay in Israel for 4 days. We would have sued the hotel. For now, we will be satisfied by wiriting an official complaint.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GreenJ
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is the first time I've submitted a trip advisor review. Avoid this hotel if at all possible. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels both within and outside of Israel and this was by far one of the worst experiences I've ever had. The room was adequate but quite worn. The hotel staff varied from downright mean to semi-helpful. There was no wifi in the room and it was very spotty in the lobby. To access the wifi, one has to go through multiple confusing steps, after which the wifi randomly disconnected. The parking lot is incredibly cramped and smelly. The breakfast has lots of options and variety, but the quality of the food is the worst I've ever experienced in Israel. Overall, this hotel is not at all worth the cost. There are plenty of other much better alternatives for similar cost in Jerusalem.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rachel G
EliranSinai, Manager at Hotel Prima Royale, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on our hotel.
All comments help us provide the best service and amenities for our guests.

That being said, we are sorry that the hotel and experience didn't see your acceptations.
I will forward your review to the hotel management as we are trying to provide helpful and friendly service.
Additionally, your concerns about the wifi in the lobby will be checked on as well.

Thank you again; your comments will only help us to improve our service for future customers.

Prima Hotels