“Excellent Service, great location”
Review of Hotel Prima Royale

Hotel Prima Royale
Ranked #32 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel hotel, excellent service, great location, would recommend it highly.
The room was nice, spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The staff were very polite, very friendly, professional the staff of breakfast. It was helped the manager from room breakfast who helped me to find some flowers and chocolate for my girlfriend on a day that the shops were closed.He was very good, polite, friendly and professional, unfortunately I do not remember his name (cropped hair and wearing glasses). I would like back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
EliranSinai, Manager at Hotel Prima Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice comment about our hotel.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Prima Royale and your stay in Jerusalem.
We are glad that you enjoined your stay, hotel staff service, the food and beverage and amanitas of Prima Royale hotel.

We will be very happy to welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to Jerusalem!

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel as a part of our Gate 1 travel. Free fast Wifi at the lobby. Great reception area, very friendly. Used by mist tour companies, so it is packed all the time. Breakfast buffer has a great selection. Food freshly prepared, wide variety of cheeses, bread, salad and warm food. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy. A 10 minute walk to the city center. Near a supermarket and a park.

• Stayed: February 2014
EliranSinai, Manager at Hotel Prima Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thanks so much for your kind words and for taking your time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy that you liked your stay at the Prima Royale hotel.
We are glad that you enjoined your stay, hotel staff service, the food and beverage and amanitas of the hotel.

We are at Prima hotels are doing the best to make our guest feel at home away from home.

Hope to see you again in one of Prima hotels throughout Israel.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

stayed here with a tour group, very organized, clean, modern, great meals, both dinner and breakfasts. The only thing keeping this hotel from 5 stars is that the room is quite small, but since we spent only short periods of time in the room, it was very adequate. Very comfortable bed(king size which filled the room) in nice area of new town but close to the old city walls. Highly recommended for short periods but for a longer stay (a week or more) a larger room would be recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lyle M

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review about our hotel, we are very happy that your enjoyed your stay and will be happy to welcome you again as one of our guests in the future.

Hope to see you again in Israel

Reviewed 1 February 2014

The hotel is in a great location. Walking distance to all the interesting sites in the city.
The hotel is clean and cozy, comfortable rooms, simple and comfortable furnishings. Very favorable rates. All in all good value for money.

Room Tip: Prefer rooms on the higher floors
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
EliranSinai, Manager at Hotel Prima Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for posting your kind words about our hotel.

Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful words regarding traveling at Jerusalem and our location!

We hope you will return and stay with us again

Reviewed 1 February 2014

The Prima Royale was a great location for this tourist in Jerusalem. The rapid train was a 10 minute walk and the old city was a 15 minute walk from the hotel. The neighborhood was super safe so I as a solo traveler could walk around without worries. My room was small but otherwise fine. The breakfast buffet was excellent and included with my room. The staff was polite and helpful at all times. Jasmine(yasmine) was especially helpful. She not only gave me suggestions on ways to walk, she also got security to go up to my room when I called from the old city thinking I left my safe with my passport open.( I didn't, but I was worried enough I would have gone back.) One night I ate dinner at the hotel. It was pricey, but also a buffet and very good. Elad(another desk clerk) was also very helpful at night with the internet. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: It is on a quiet street so I think every room is good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed and wonderful review.

We are glad that you enjoined your stay, our staff service, hotel's location, and our food and beverage service.
We are at Prima hotels are doing the best to make our guest have a unique experience in Israel and glad that you have felt this way.

Hope to see you again soon in Jerusalem!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I visited this hotel during a snow storm in January 2013, we were forced to stay at the hotel indefinetly until the conditions improved. Needless to say, it couldn't have happened in a better time.

The rooms are impecable. The staff was extremely polite and willing to help, even though most of us spoke only Spanish (It was a big group of about 50), and the buffet (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was the best I've had in Israel or otherwise. Simply the very best for an affordable'ish price.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BenTraveler

Thanks, for taking the time and effort to wright such a kind report about Prima Royale hotel.
One of the nicest things for a hotel to hear is that our guests enjoyed their stay and the hotel; It is always nice to hear such nice and warm full compliments about our hotel and service.

We hope you will be returning to stay with us in Prima Royale hotel soon, or in one of our other hotels in Israel.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights in July. I would have given it a 3.5 if it was possible.

Great location - within 10minutes walk from Old City. The uphill back is quite steep especially in the summer heat. We booked a standard room which was VERY SMALL. Website photos (as with most other hotels I guess) makes it look more spacious. Bathroom was also very very small with very little space to pack out toiletries etc. Room was clean and if you are travelling single or only staying for a night I guess it is OK but definitely not for a longer stay in my opinion. I immediately went down to complain about the ridiculous room size telling them website photos are deceiving and that I really cant see us staying in such a room for 5 nights. They made some calls and informed me they can give me an upgrade to the Junior suite for $70 for the 5 nights which I of course immediately accepted. We moved our bags to the MUCH more spacious Junior Suite and unpacked everything and went out for dinner. When we came back that night I was informed that they have made a mistake and that the room price is $70 PER night additional and not for the stay and whether I can accept that. I was very unhappy as that was not what I was told - I told them it is unacceptable to change the terms and that we have moved everything over, unpacked etc. The lady at front desk simply said 'We have send someone to help you pack and move'. No matter what I said they refused to budge - they eventually agreed to $55 dollar per night. I really don't have an issue with the rates - but to agree to one thing one moment and then after a few hours change your mind is unacceptable.

The Junior Suite was nice and spacious. The 'jacuzzi' mentioned on some booking sites is not a jacuzzi but an average spa bath. A free copy of the Jesuralem Post is supplied everyday which was nice. Room also has a small fridge which is nice to keep water cold for the next day.

Breakfast was nice. We preferred to eat on the patio outside which was lovely (although it could have been kept cleaner and tables cleared.

Note you can purchase discounted tickets for various sites in Jerusalem and get it billed to your room.

Overall service was friendly and efficient.. I think the major downside to the hotel is the room sizes. If that does not bother you it is a good choice.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for Junior Suite as the other rooms are all extremely small.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PE_Travelmeister

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed and wonderful review!

Your comments is very helpful as we are always trying to make our service better.
We are glad you enjoyed the amenities and your stay in Jerusalem. We hope that you will stay with us again!