“Superb introduction to Jerusalem”

Best Jerusalem Guide - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 47 Food & Drink in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Shimon Mizrahi. I am a Jerusalem native and a Certified Tour Guide. I offer unique tours to first time visitors and to tourists who regularly visit Israel. I specialize in private day tours of Israel, which I can customize to your interests. For example, I can offer tours emphasizing history, archeology, or religion (Jewish, Catholic or Protestant) or a general overview. My areas of expertise are Jerusalem, Masada and the Dead Sea and the Galilee. My tours vary to accommodate individuals, couples, families, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and small groups looking for an exclusive, boutique experience, especially where repeat visitors to Israel want to see new places they may not have seen before. Looking forward hearing from you...
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We found this site on Trip Advisor and with so many good reviews, contacted Shimon before our visit to Jerusalem. So glad we did. Shimon is such a professional in the way he responded to us so promptly and with many ideas to help us decide what we wanted.

On meeting Shimon on the day of our tour we knew we'd made the right choice. He provided a wealth of information, including maps and photos and diagrams to help us understand the history, geography and social contexts of this amazing city.

As well as that he was so engaging and could grasp quickly our thoughts and comments so that he tailored the tour to suit us. Also, he was just plain fun to be with.

It's his home city so he knew which alleys to take us through when crowds pressed upon us and we saw so much more than we imagined.

If you want to experience Jerusalem in all its wonder, history and sights, then I highly recommend you contact Shimon for a great day.

1  Thank HelenG724
Shimon M, Owner at Best Jerusalem Guide - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thanks a million, anyone else looking for a tour please contact me - ShimonMtours@Gmail.com
or 007Shimon@gmail.com

"mahane yehuda market"
"come alive"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I went to Jerusalim with my girfriend and we wanted Shimon to help us understand Jerusalim the best way possible. And he did much more than that. Good speaker, amazing person, full of stories, full of life... he will take you to the best places in Jerusalim, he will show you the true meaning of Jerusalim and bc of him you would want to come again, and again and again.
Tnx Shimon for everything. It was a pleasure to spend 2 amazing days in Jerusalim with you. See tou soon!
If you want the best tour guide in Jerusalim, Shimon is your men!

Shimon M, Owner at Best Jerusalem Guide - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

ShimonMtours@Gmail.com

If you're looking for a tour...

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Shimon is a very friendly, professional, knowledgeable and down-to-earth tour guide that is willing to accommodate special requests or to just organize the perfect first time tour around Jerusalem for you. We saw places that we never would have seen as “regular” tourists. Highly recommended!

1  Thank 516Robert
Reviewed 5 June 2018

It was our first visit to Israel and we wanted a guide that could give us the best possible experience and understanding of Jerusalem. We certainly achieved our aim by choosing Shimon. We spent two half days with Shimon walking around the old city of Jerusalem, but this was definitely more than a “point and tell” tour. Shimon gave us extensive background and history, supported by pictures and maps, but mostly sharing his knowledge and understanding of the country. His passion was obvious and infectious. Not only did we see many amazing sights, learnt so much of the history that we were ignorant of but we also tasted local food and met other interesting people.
Thank you Shimon for this introduction to Jerusalem, I’m sure that we will return and we look forward to spending time with you again

Simon and Jackie Poluck

Shimon M, Owner at Best Jerusalem Guide - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you Simon and Jackie so much for the review! it was great meeting you! Anyone else looking for a tour please contact me -

ShimonMtours@Gmail.com