“poorly presented food, medioce taste”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
King's Court Lounge & Bar
Ranked #23 of 30 Nightlife in Jerusalem
Dorset, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“poorly presented food, medioce taste”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was so looking forward to trying out the bar, cafe and restaurant at the Waldorf. Being such a luxurious brand I had high expectations as to every aspect of the experience. But I was let down...
The decor was lovely, very opulent and comfortable in every way. The staff were very courteous if somewhat inexperienced and slow (but there is no profession for wait staff in Israel, it's almost always university students who are just not interested in service).
We sat in the King's Court Lounge and Bar to have drinks and a light meal/snack.
The service was slow at times, the staff don't look to see who is waiting, finishing, sitting down, they wait for you to attract their attention which is annoying in a high class establishment.
The menu had quite a few problems - I read in both Hebrew and English and sometimes different descriptions (or more full descriptions) appear in one language and not the other.
The Waldorf Salad on the menu was NOT a Waldorf Salad! As far as I'm concerned you can't offer a Waldorf Salad in a Waldorf branded hotel with sweet pecan nuts! (The menu said walnuts but the waiter said they serve it with sweet pecans...)
So I didn't order that... I ordered a Citrus Salad instead. And the presentation of the salad was very poor. The lettuce leaves were randomly sized, some broken, some cut, all tired. The baby leaves all had long tough stalks. There were only a few citrus fruit segments and those there were were obviously cut hours ago not fresh on order. It tasted okay, but it wasn't good enough for the Waldorf name! I've eaten in other luxury brand hotels in other cites in the world and this Lounge and Bar doesn't even come close, it's more like the food I'd expect in a local cafe, that I wouldn't visit again. I wanted good presentation, an aesthetic plate, fresh ingredients and great taste! This salad was limp and lumped together in a bowl. All I could see when the salad arrived was a big pile of uneven lettuce.
I'm very wary to try the meat restaurant after this bad experience!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank dillon71

• Hebrew first
Jerusalem, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply deplorable!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We simply wanted to use the bar, clearly the staff don't have a clue what they're doing as on the phone we were told it was open. On arrival we were treated like trash told that we couldn't have been told such a thing. If you want to book it's unlikely they'll have your booking. Go to any hotel just not the Waldorf!

1 Thank ezt1