“Worth doing again!”

Israel Private Tour - Day Tours
Ranked #19 of 277 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: In your private tour, I adapt the tour exactly to your expectations, needs, wishes and limitations. Before you arrive in Israel, we discuss your requests in detail through phone calls, Skype and emails. I also serve as your tour operator - taking care of all reservations needed (including accommodations). We travel according to your interests and pace, with maximum flexibility of the hours and program.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I were so impressed with our first experience with Gilad we determined our kids needed to have the opportunity as well. Gilad was excellent-again. Not only did my wife and benefit even more from a second "go-around", our three kids were fascinated by all Gilad had to share.
Gilad was gracious, accommodating, and of course, knowledgeable. It was worth doing again!

All reviews
"come alive"
"interesting stories"
"past and present"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When we were planning our trip to Israel, there were some sights that seemed like "must see" attractions; Jerusalem's Temple Mount, Masada and the Dead Sea. I was focused on connecting with my Jewish heritage. As we talked with Gilad, he encouraged us to see the country through its history and people and how modern Israel is really an evolution of the past firmly rooted in the present.

Gilad planned for us an itinerary that covered geographic regions as we drove through the country. Our trip was greatly enhanced by having an expert guide who could weave together the story of Israel. The itinerary was customized based on what we wanted to see.

The Jeep tour in the Golan Heights was definitely a highlight of the trip for us. Our guide was phenomenal. He was knowledgeable about the Israeli armed forces, the border with Syria and the intricacies of their relationship.

The archeological sites that we visited became the stage for understanding the history of the region. I was fascinated with the port of Jaffa and the beauty of the surrounding neighborhoods. In contrast, I couldn't believe the preservation of the Roman city of Beit She'an. Even on an extremely hot day, I relished seeing this awesome site and excitedly listened as Gilad told us stories of Roman daily life.

A lovely surprise for me was staying at Innsense Suites in the Negev. This was a charming oasis in an otherwise desolate desert. We found friendly hospitality and lovely accommodations. The beauty of the desert seeped into my soul during this visit.

Gilad made it possible for us to see everything we wanted to see and much, much more. Without a doubt, I have developed an affection for this country that was nurtured through my visit and the connections that we made with its people and places.

Working with Gilad, allowed me to fully appreciate each day by removing the daily stresses of managing the details of travel. He provided us with an itinerary and served as our guide throughout our visit. Israel is rich in history but is inspiring as a modern country ready to welcome guests.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Gilad is, without a doubt, the best kept secret in Israel. He is the very best Tour Guide one could ask for when exploring Israel. Gilad’s knowledge of Israel and the world is both impressive and unmatched. In our 7 days with Gilad, he went from being our Tour Guide to a member of our family. The only negative associated with Gilad is having to say goodbye at the end of trip. I would recommend Gilad to anyone who is traveling to Israel, and I hope I will get to explore more of Israel with him in the future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

From the moment we connected via skype, we knew Gilad was the perfect guide for us. His wealth of knowledge, his detail stories, and willingness to be patient with our family of 5 (3 adult children) and his ability to engage with different personalities within our group, made this a perfect week for our family. We look forward to coming back again soon, and Gilad will be the first one we will call. His Tour of the City of David was probably one of the highlights, and not to be missed. His connections to different people, whether it was artists, shop owners, hotel staff, and his desire to make sure we talked with these Israeli people was also what made this trip so special.