“A breakfast turned into a party”

Little Jerusalem - The Ticho House
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Helsinki, Finland
“A breakfast turned into a party”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a late breakfast / brunch here our first morning in Jerusalem. What a wonderful experience it was! We were surprised to find the place, a lovely garden, packed with people and a band playing Jewish pop music, I guess. Soon we realized we were witnessing a local boy's bar-mitzvah - something I will remember the rest of my life... We ordered breakfast from the list. I had the "Healthy Breakfast" which I enjoyed very much. Service was okay.

Visited July 2013

Jerusalem, Israel
“Elegance, Ambience and reasonably priced”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The fish dinners are great. They are cooked to perfection and the choice (5) is greater than anywhere else. The salads are varied but the fresh grilled salmon on a bed of salad is a wonderful and healthy selection. They also have a good selection of wines and meals are served on table-cloths with new polished stainless. The desert assortment is very gourmet. The setting is suited to all groups listed below.
This is a must visit for families couples or any group. They are most accomodating with your preference of seating whether inside or in the lovely garden setting.

Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
“Delicious food and very lovely ambience”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

One of my favorite places in Jerusalem! Everything I've eaten there... has been so scrumptious! I love the garden and eating out there... a gem... hidden amid the hustle and bustle of the Ben Yehuda area. We went on a Sunday night and enjoyed the live music as well!

Jerusalem, Israel
“nice place, good food”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

If you want to "feel" Jerusalem in your bones - that's the place to go. Great food, quite classy.
Really enjoyed it overall.

• Visited October 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Fair food in beautiful setting”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have to agree with one of the other reviewers in that, I don't understand all the outstanding reviews. There were eight in our party and only 3 people enjoyed their meals. Personally, I had the Sweet Potato soup and found it to be just, okay. So did several others in my party. Several had fish, the best meal was one of the rice/veggie combos.

Service was okay to begin with, then went downhill. We can't even blame it on the several large parties as they had their own waitstaff. It was almost as once our waitress took the order, she disappeared, trying to flag down other waiters became more challenging as the evening went on.

Now for the pluses. The setting is beautiful. Since there were many of them, they do take large (I mean very large) groups. On certain evenings they have entertainment, unfortunately, not the night we were there (Wednesday).