“Delicious and fresh food in a peaceful setting”

Little Jerusalem - The Ticho House
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Beit Ticho (Ticho House) was truly an oasis of calm in busy Jerusalem. The atmosphere is laid back and we ate outside in a garden patio. Even though it seemed that there were many diners (lots of large groups), it never felt crowded or overwhelming. Our waitress was charming and recommended us a number of dishes -- all of which were excellent.

Service was relatively quick -- especially given all the diners -- and we found ourselves stuffed to capacity. Everyone in our group was happy: from those who ordered salads, to the pasta-eaters, to those with fish and sandwiches. All the house specialties were great; the only problem was that portions were large, so we stuffed ourselves and had to waddle home (with big left-over boxes, even so!)

The Belgian Finger was our favorite dessert -- out of this world! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

While both our fish were overcooked and underflavored, I still enjoyed this restaurant. The restaurant itself is wonderful - an old art house. The outdoor seating was gorgeous but we did not dine outside that evening because it was too chilly. Indoors, each table has fresh flowers. The service was very nice as well. I especially enjoyed my mint lemonade. Very cool restaurant.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great location. Wonderful atmosphere. We sat outside and listened to the jazz band. Tuesday night there is a buffet w jazz band which would be the best combination. Wish we knew about buffet which starts at 8:30. Didn't realize until dinner was nearly over. Salad was delicious and amazing. The dinner portions are so enormous, we had to take half the portions with us. I think we just chose the wrong thing, we chose the mushroom ravioli with salty tomato sauce which was so filling and not really tasty. Would go again but would choose a salmon dish.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were fortunate to secure a spot on the patio at Ticho House. The food was very fresh and tasty. We were introduced to the art of Ana Ticho and the very interesting museum of optometry of her husband. WHat a wonderful way to keep the historic home and heritage of these fine people intact.

1  Thank D V
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This restaurant provides fine dairy dining either inside or on its lovely patio. My wife and I had the Salmon. It was prepared to perfection. The portions are large. The staff was attentive. Even though I saved some room for dissert, I had to sacrafice all my walking for the day for the wonderful cheese cake. Well priced. It will be on my return list.